NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
you cant commit to a 40 billion year old QB jesus christ whys that so hard
You know I have a hot take. People have always had Belichick as the Evil Emperor, but what if Belichick is the Vader to Brady’s Emperor.

Brady in the negotiating room with Belichick saying why he should pony up the cash for a longer term commitment:

The popular take is that Belichick wants Andy Dalton like he could actually win with him.

People only need to go back to last game Brady wasn't the Patriots starting QB to see how much Belichick needs him.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Belichick probably would win with Dalton tbh. He's about as consistent as they come, which is perfect for that system.

Aside from a 100+ game sample size of Belichick not doing anything in the NFL as a head coach without Brady there's actually good reason to think Belichick can do something without Brady.

Belichick probably would win with Dalton tbh. He's about as consistent as they come, which is perfect for that system.
Consistent at throwing interceptions and doing nothing with extremely talented offensive rosters.

TheValkyries

pretzels quick q why do you need belichick to be bad at his job? I know you have a lot of arguments but obviously it's all contestable and debateable and I no longer care to debate it, just... why do you feel the need to wage this crusade?

pretzels quick q why do you need belichick to be bad at his job? I know you have a lot of arguments but obviously it's all contestable and debateable and I no longer care to debate it, just... why do you feel the need to wage this crusade?
Because we now have multiple people stating that Belichick should ditch Brady for Andy Dalton (who they actually believe to be superior to Brady).

While Brady's struggles are directly attributable to Belichick's drafting of skill positions

TheValkyries

Anyone who is saying andy dalton is better than brady is... how do you say it...

a moron. They're a moron. It doesn't have to be Brady vs Belichick, you don't have to feed into this false dichotomy. And yeah I know you think extremely little of the skill position management of the Patriots, and there's something to it, but it's not as black and white as all that. They've had a Hall of Famer catching passes on this team for over a decade with HoF arguments to be made by really zealous white bostonians for Welker and Edelman. You're right that Michel isn't Saquan Barkley or Ezekiel Elliot but he's not abysmally bad in any respect, and James White is far and away the best pass catching RB in the league. This is the first year without a HoFer catching passes on offense, and yeah that sucks but it's not the nail in a coffin as much as it is a normal bump that literally every other team in the league experiences all the time. Sometimes the team doesn't come together the way you want it to. What Bill has done as a GM with this sustained otherworldly dominance in the Free Agency era is utterly monstrous, and to just rail on him for the short comings of one season seems harsh.

Unless you want to do it for other reasons? Which circles back to my question of, why?

Which circles back to my question of, why?
The answer is likely for the unwarranted amount of clout he commands as a head coach. His mystique has now become so great that people believe he can win big with any QB, despite direct and obvious evidence to the contrary.

Hes the greatest coach of all time, but he got there because he shares the credit for the Patriots success 50/50 with Brady and for some reason people are now forgetting that.

TheValkyries

Yet I have vivid memories of you on post loss tirades bad mouthing everyone and their mother in a fit of fanatical excess.

They’re genuinely my favorite posts of yours it’s why I remember them.

Fans can have little a upset after losing. As a treat.

(And for the record I’ve argued with Pretzels long before the Patriots lost, the boys outta control.)

Yet I have vivid memories of you on post loss tirades bad mouthing everyone and their mother in a fit of fanatical excess.

(And for the record I’ve argued with Pretzels long before the Patriots lost, the boys outta control.)
patriots are all collectively bums

I argue with everyone so aint nuttin new here.

ALSO PICKS

49ERS
RAVENS
SEAHAWKS
CHIEFS

WE ON A STREAK BABY IF I PICKED UR TEAM THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY LOSE

I know the pain of watching my team go 1 and done to the Tennessee Titans at home

I do not know the pain of watching my team go 1 and done and not even be COMPETITIVE against the Tennessee Titans at home after a bye week with 11 pro-bowlers and the NFL MVP on your roster but I imagine it is much much worse.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

In years past yes. The difference is that my team has not even sniffed a super bowl in a decade. If my team had even remotely close to the level of success the Patriots have had these past 20 years I would be so erect that there wouldn't be enough blood left to divert to making my face do angry expressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)