NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
As someone who is still a patriots fan first Brady fan second: the availability of either Cam or Jacoby Brissett is making me vibrate with excited possibility.

Based on the Patriots moves so far, it looks like they are trying to #getcleverforTrevor

They also have zero cap space (literally how) and no skill position talent.

Why would a QB like Cam want to go there.

TheValkyries

Yes. Why would anyone want to go to the winningest franchise in recent history to play for the best coach to ever do it.

God you are an insufferable git.

to play for the other team with 6 rings !!!!
Four of their six championships were when my parents were in diapers. The Steelers didn't exactly handle the Big Ben/AB beef well. They had one of the best QB/WR/RB trios ever and won zero Super Bowls. They're not exactly the model for excellence they maybe once were. They have coaching stability I'll give them that but honestly neither the Pats nor the Steelers are attractive destinations right now.
Also I've been hearing that the Pats didn't want Brady to come back which might be why Brady left and if that's the case, it's not a good look. Maybe they REALLY like Jarrett Stidham but he's gonna have a hard time with the offensive weapons the Patriots have

Four of their six championships were when my parents were in diapers. The Steelers didn't exactly handle the Big Ben/AB beef well. They had one of the best QB/WR/RB trios ever and won zero Super Bowls. They're not exactly the model for excellence they maybe once were. They have coaching stability I'll give them that but honestly neither the Pats nor the Steelers are attractive destinations right now.
Also I've been hearing that the Pats didn't want Brady to come back which might be why Brady left and if that's the case, it's not a good look. Maybe they REALLY like Jarrett Stidham but he's gonna have a hard time with the offensive weapons the Patriots have
we handled it very well. we told him to listen to ben or fuck off; we can see what he chose

we handled it very well. we told him to listen to ben or fuck off; we can see what he chose
This is not true. The Steelers ownership and management gave Ben too much influence and he was kind of an asshole with how he airs his teammates' dirty laundry on a weekly radio show. AB didn't handle himself well but Ben wasn't blameless. Also, if you guys handled it well, it would've stayed in house.

This is not true. The Steelers ownership and management gave Ben too much influence and he was kind of an asshole with how he airs his teammates' dirty laundry on a weekly radio show. AB didn't handle himself well but Ben wasn't blameless. Also, if you guys handled it well, it would've stayed in house.
thats how the steelres handle things, we give our QB power over the team.

As a Jaguars fan, I'm glad we were able to get rid of Foles for a 4th. I'm excited to see year 2 of Minshew! I'm crossing my fingers that we don't trade Yannick and can grab some good players in the draft.

Then again, this is the same feeling I have every year...

Also the Patriots have the goatest coach with a proven track record of winning titles regardless of talent, they will be an attractive destination until he leaves.
I look at it as Tom was the Good Cop to Bill's Bad Cop. Now with the charismatic good guy out of town, all that's left is the crusty (though still extremely brilliant) old hard ass. People are also ignoring the fact that the best OL coach Dante Scarnecchia has retired for the second time. Sure, the pats probably won't be wracked by injury on that front like last season but I have a hard time believing they can just conjure another OL savant out of thin air. Lastly, while the core of the defense remains intact, they have bled a lot of talented players in FA and will be hard pressed to produce the same defensive results as last year without another cream puff schedule. Do I think the pats will nose-dive? Probably not (unless they try and tank for Trevor Lawrence FUCK THAT) but they are gonna have a fun time dealing with the Bills without the GOAT to pick that excellent defense apart

Colts making moves to trade their first round pick for DeForest Buckner. That D Line is looking pretty legit now but the secondary is a question and the receiving core is bad. Hopefully Ballard addresses this in the draft

Colts making moves to trade their first round pick for DeForest Buckner. That D Line is looking pretty legit now but the secondary is a question and the receiving core is bad. Hopefully Ballard addresses this in the draft
I wouldn't be surprised if they used their 2nd on a receiver. I'm surprised they didn't grab any DB's though. Hopefully my boy Minshew will shred that secondary!

EDIT: And today they grabbed Xavier Rhodes. Good deal for them if he can bounce back.

Last edited:
Bucs new uniforms looking good. The simplistic colorway and absence of alarm clock digits is a big improvement. You know Tom Brady was like "I ain't wearing that trash you used last season!"

The "Tom Brady could've had better chemistry with his (bad) young receivers if he just went to OTAs" cult of Patriots fans were dealt another lethal blow yesterday when he gave his reasoning for not going to OTAs the last few years

TheValkyries

It's remarkable how the idea that the Patriots receivers couldn't get open spread like wildfire when in reality Brady literally refused to throw to them when they were open because they'd dropped the ball.

As opposed to Edelman.

Who led the league in drops.

And him openly admitting this is just fine I guess?

To be honest: Him leaving the Patriots is the best for both him and the Patriots. It'll force him to develop chemistry with new guys and the Patriots can develop the talent that they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)