Sports NFL Thread: 2022-2023 Season

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
I'm a Bills fan - that man has caused me too much pain over the years.

But I can frame it in a respectful way - hopefully he stays gone so he doesn't have another season like this to tarnish his near-perfect legacy. 2021 was his last chance to ride off into the sunset at the top of his game.
This I agree with

Sidenote: fly eagles fly!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah, SuperBowl LIII was way worse. I will give you that the ending was super anti-climactic though.

KC getting blown out in SuperBowl LV was anti-climactic af too but I enjoyed seeing it happen. Shame that Brady was the beneficiary of it.

nah, SuperBowl LIII was way worse. I will give you that the ending was super anti-climactic though.

KC getting blown out in SuperBowl LV was anti-climactic af too but I enjoyed seeing it happen. Shame that Brady was the beneficiary of it.
i mean in my opinion there's a difference between a game itself being anti climactic vs a game that just turns out to be boring. i guess the concept of a season ending in that way is sorta anti climactic, but from what i remember, LIII and LV never made you believe that they were going to live up to the hype within the actual game. this one definitely made me believe that it was gonna end in some interesting way, and then it just didn't, which is more-so what i meant.

this one definitely made me believe that it was gonna end in some interesting way, and then it just didn't, which is more-so what i meant.
Ah gotcha. It sucks that it ended the way it did after how exciting it was.

Welp, here's to a hopefully eventful offseason!

I'm already looking past free agency and onto the draft because the Bills are cap-strapped and will probably be just doing some restructures and a few cheap signings/re-signings.

I'm already looking past free agency and onto the draft because the Bills are cap-strapped and will probably be just doing some restructures and a few cheap signings/re-signings.
I just want the Bills to get ONE. Can we get one?!

They had the roster for it the last two years. Unfortunately, coaching matters a lot and Andy Reid is him.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Y’all aren’t going to like this opinion, but I think that holding call at the end of the game was completely justified. The thing about holding calls is that while split-second decisions can often be very tricky for referees, especially on the biggest stage, the actual intention of holding can be noticed a bit more easily by taking a closer look at the players’ arms relative to their initial location. Contact with the jersey isn’t what the referees are looking for, so much as a defender extending their contact in such a matter that influences a receiver or blocker’s play route.

And as for that “Five yard rule” I keep seeing people bring up on social media: it’s not five yards from the line of scrimmage. It seems to be five yards from the receiver’s initial spot in the offensive formation on the field prior to the snap.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Y’all aren’t going to like this opinion, but I think that holding call at the end of the game was completely justified. The thing about holding calls is that while split-second decisions can often be very tricky for referees, especially on the biggest stage, the actual intention of holding can be noticed a bit more easily by taking a closer look at the players’ arms relative to their initial location. Contact with the jersey isn’t what the referees are looking for, so much as a defender extending their contact in such a matter that influences a receiver or blocker’s play route.

And as for that “Five yard rule” I keep seeing people bring up on social media: it’s not five yards from the line of scrimmage. It seems to be five yards from the receiver’s initial spot in the offensive formation on the field prior to the snap.
Let the boys play

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
So a lot of my co-workers are Eagles fans, I did call they and the Chiefs would win to go to the SB. I'm predicting the Chiefs to pull an upset to Philly fans.
FUCK. all my co-workers were pissed today and I felt the brunt of it. ):

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

DESPITE WHAT THE KANSAS AND MISSOURI MEDIAS MAY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THERE WAS NO HOLDING THAT OCCURRED DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE NO FUN LEAGUE. I REPEAT - THERE WAS NO HOLDING! THIS UNDOCTORED IMAGE SHOWS THAT THERE WERE NO PHILADELPHIA EAGLE HANDS IN CONTACT WITH ANY KANSAS CITY WIDEOUTS. ONE PHILLY HAND IS CLEARLY NOT IN CONTACT AND THE OTHER IS UNSEEN. THERE WAS NO HOLDING AND THE LEAGUE IS A SHAM. GO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDS.

Last edited:
Anyone watch the XFL? I might try to get into it after seeing some cool highlights. Not sure what team I want to root for yet though. Same goes for the USFL when that starts in like 2 months.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
In way-too-early preparation for next NFL season, I wanted to try and make a list of the one thing for each of the 32 franchises that, if I were in charge, I would make our highest priority for the 2023 offseason. I'll be going by division in each conference, and will try to take the salary cap into account as much as I'm aware of. So if something on this list just can't happen, that's likely why. I plan on coming back to this post at the start of the 2023-24 NFL season even if the thread's not live anymore, so let's hop right into this, starting with...

The AFC East

Bills: Focus on possible trade negotiations with the long-term goal of AFC playoff success while you still can
Dolphins: Fix your da** stadium, you already lost two QBs to injury and the league hates your sunlight strategy
Patriots: Start thinking about who's going to take Bill Belichick's spot one of these years because I have no clue who that would be
Jets: Trade up with either the Texans or Colts in the draft this year to increase your odds of drafting a top level QB, and focus the rest on the O-Line

The AFC North

Bengals:
I actually like where you're at with your roster and your coaches right now, so for now focus on improving your skill players
Ravens: Trade Lamar while you still can, and use that draft capital to focus on playmakers and whoever will replace Justin Tucker in the future
Steelers: Draft more support pieces for Kenny Pickett, specifically the offensive line and maybe a star WR and/or TE if you can
Browns: Focus specifically on negotiations with your division to help yourselves compete amongst a shift in power

The AFC South

Jaguars:
Utilize free agency to get more support pieces for Trevor Lawrence
Titans: Take a look at whoever's been your QB coach for the past decade and "have a chat with them"
Colts: Let your new head coach get some reps of play calling with both Matt Ryan and a potential drafted QB during training camp
Texans: Start to consider investing in a new GM (general manager) for the long-term unless something crazy changes in Houston

The AFC West

Chiefs:
Start thinking about coaching staff, as while they're solid right now, these guys won't stick around forever
Chargers: Get rid of Brandon Staley before the preseason BUT only if his coaching performance in training camp doesn't work out
Raiders: Heavily prioritize the offensive line as support pieces for whoever ends up being the starting QB and RB1/RB2
Broncos: Focus on the salary cap and overall finances for the franchise's future during the 2020s

(NFC teams coming in the next post)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)