NFL WPC '11 WINNER: Mercy

THE RULES...
4. Do not get into discussions and debates about other peoples' picks. That is to be relegated to the NFL Discussion Thread. Keep this thread predictions only. Also don't quote a Rat as those cocky dirty mouth rodents will kick your ass.

If that had been the first shotback then the discussion would've been completely over a long time ago, but instead his first reaction was to try and act cocky about his embarrassing team. So in the end, for future reference, rather than try and hype up an lol2-13 team and be a bitch, let someone know that they're breaking a rule so they can apologize and move on.

If that had been the first shotback then the discussion would've been completely over a long time ago, but instead his first reaction was to try and act cocky about his embarrassing team. So in the end, for future reference, rather than try and hype up an lol2-13 team and be a bitch, let someone know that they're breaking a rule so they can apologize and move on.
It wouldn't have started if you would have read the Thread rules.
If you had a problem with my pick then you should have messaged me but instead you wanted to call me out.

Don't try to take the blame and put it on someone else, also I wasn't hyping that game it just ticked me off that you thought I was delusional for choosing the Colts. If you have a problem with me then message me in private or simply ignore everything I've said which would be the best option.

Sarcasm on the internet is always misinterpreted so obviously you believed I was being cocky when infact it was humor that misled you.

Either way I'm done speaking about irrelevant shit that has no significance at all.

Oakland < Kansas City (I don't know what to say besides the fact that KC beat the Packers.)
Jacksonville < Tennessee (This shouldn't be like their first meeting.)
Miami < New England (I hope Miami somehow gets this though.)
Arizona < Cincinnati (Bengals need these last two games.)
Denver > Buffalo (Looks like another dramatic Tebow win.)
St. Louis < Pittsburgh (Even Batch should destroy them.)
NY Giants > NY Jets (I hope they lose, though.)
Minnesota < Washington (Sexy Rexy > Ponder.)
Tampa Bay < Carolina (Scam Newton for the win!)
Cleveland < Baltimore (Ravens playing a bad team, but they're at home so they'll win.)
San Diego < Detroit (Tough pick, both teams kind of need this one, Chargers more than Lions.)
Philadelphia < Dallas (Fuck Cowboys. Go Eagles!)
San Francisco > Seattle (No tasting the rainbow this time.)
Chicago < Green Bay (Bears are the most injury-screwed team in the NFL.)
Atlanta < New Orleans (Brees breaks the record here.)

Geez, stfu...

Also boo, Colts won, 0-1 to start. Not sure why I'm bothering to pick more, no chance to move up really >.>

Oakland @ Kansas City - Fuck it, gonna go with momentum here, Romeo Crennel isn't that bad either and they did just beat the Packers

Jacksonville @ Tennessee - In a battle of bad teams, Jaguars come out worse

Miami @ New England - Lol Dolphins, go back to losing

Arizona @ Cincinnati - Meh...the Cardinals have been pulling out some shit-crazy wins...gonna have to think a bit tonight

Denver
@ Buffalo - Buffalol lose and don't try any surprise wins...

St. Louis @ Pittsburgh - Rams suck, and Batch can manage the Steelers enough to win. I mean, it's the Rams...

NY Giants @ NY Jets - Wonder how awkward it must be to share the same stadium...anyways, Jets hopefully going in and getting it done. And unlike whatever ancient Joe Namath thinks, I do like Rex Ryan's style

Minnesota @ Washington - Meh, I dunno...Redskins are too inconsistent, but then again it's not like the Vikings are good...so, go team @ home

Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Panthers gonna roll over a now shitty Bucs team. Whatever happened to that promising young Bucs...

Cleveland @ Baltimore - Ravens better not slack off if they want to outpace the Steelers for the division win

San Diego @ Detroit - Another one I might change...Chargers have came alive finally though, so we'll see

Philadelphia
@ Dallas - The dream is still alive! lol

San Francisco
@ Seattle - This'll be a rough one for the Niners, but they should prevail

Chicago @ Green Bay - With Cutler, I'd give the Bears a fighting chance. Without, not so much, and GB would do well to win at least 1 more to deny the Niners any chance of taking the top seed...then again, go ahead and lose again Packers

Atlanta @ New Orleans - Should be winnable for the Saints at home

lol what is the point of even criticizing someone's pick in a prediction thread, this isn't some yahoo article where nobody else realizes you look stupid

anyway

Oakland @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Tennessee
Miami @ New England
Arizona @ Cincinnati
Denver @ Buffalo
St. Louis @ Pittsburgh
NY Giants @ NY Jets
Minnesota @ Washington
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Baltimore
San Diego @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Dallas
San Francisco @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Atlanta @ New Orleans

Oakland @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Tennessee
Miami @ New England
Arizona @ Cincinnati
Denver @ Buffalo
St. Louis @ Pittsburgh
NY Giants @ NY Jets
Minnesota @ Washington
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Baltimore
San Diego @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Dallas
San Francisco @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Atlanta @ New Orleans

KC - i had to convince myself not to pick oakland...they suck tho idk
Tenny
NE
Cincy
Denny
Pittsburger
Jets
Skins
Newton
Ravens
Chargers
Cooooowboys... eagles could just explode again tho...
49ers
Pack
Drew Brees the patron Saint of passing efficiency

there are very few truly "stupid" nfl picks, and this past week as shown us why

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Oakland @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Tennessee
Miami @ New England
Arizona @ Cincinnati
Denver @ Buffalo
St. Louis @ Pittsburgh
NY Giants @ NY Jets
Minnesota @ Washington
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Baltimore
San Diego @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Dallas
San Francisco @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Atlanta @ New Orleans

I was gonna make the playoffs a separate thread after next week, so everyone will get a fresh start.

Atlanta @ New Orleans

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
what's up (BAN ME PLEASE)s, only person to pick Buffalo RIGHT THE FUCK HERE

I looked downright prescient with my picks, if only the Dolphins hadn't gotten cockslapped in the second half

Standings updated.

Would you look at that; 16 weeks in, and the competition for first place is tighter than it's been since the first couple weeks. Four competitors are within 1 game of the lead; Steeler and myself at 163 wins, Yondie and Mercy at 162 wins. With week 17, usually the most tricky week due to the amount of starters sitting, right around the corner it will be a tight race to the finish!

Last week's upsets were Minnesota over Washington, Indi over Houston, and Buffalo over Denver. Less than half of us might have gotten the Giants correct, but it was rather close to tell. Grats to DM for getting both Indi and Buffalo right, Ratcheesy for Indi, and to ShakeItUp, Nozizaki, Stylish Interval, and Steamroll for picking the Vikings.

zachthegreat performed best at 13-3, while DarkPenguin67, ShakeItUp, and myself went 12-4. Kevin Garrett performed worst at 8-7, though we had a few 9-7s.

Best of luck to everyone for next week, and don't forget to make your picks in the Playoff Challenge as well (which should be posted Sunday night!)

Geez how'd you jump up so high, could've sworn you were behind me last week...

Meh I don't care, so stupid I can go 10-6 and still drop down a place...

Carolina @ New Orleans (Brees rollin' all day long)
Chicago @ Minnesota (Bears......suck)
NY Jets @ Miami (More for Moore let's go upset!)
Buffalo @ New England (Tebow = / = Brady)
San Francisco @ St. Louis (49ers playing for a bye, Rams playing for...first pick in the draft?)
Detroit @ Green Bay (GB all day)
Washington @ Philadelphia (Eagles are 4-1 in the division...)
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville (COLTS BANDWAGON)
Tennessee @ Houston (Texans will bounce back; Titans need too much help to make the playoffs regardless)
Seattle @ Arizona (Skittles)
Kansas City @ Denver (TEBOW bounce back game)
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta (Buccaneers smh)
Baltimore @ Cincinnati (GO UPSET! Bengals have more to play for, and they should get it done at home)
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (lol Browns)
San Diego @ Oakland (Oakland actually has something to play for)
Dallas @ NY Giants (too close to call; I think the Giants will take it though)

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Carolina @ New Orleans
Chicago @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
San Francisco @ St. Louis
Detroit @ Green Bay
Washington @ Philadelphia
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Houston
Seattle @ Arizona
Kansas City @ Denver
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
San Diego @ Oakland
Dallas @ NY Giants

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Carolina @ New Orleans (I want this so hard for Cam Mewtwo)
Chicago @ Minnesota (The Battle of Anteitam pt.II... shit's gonna be ugly)
NY Jets @ Miami (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REX RYAN, DRAFT A NEW QB)
Buffalo @ New England (Hold onto your butts... strange feeling about this game)
San Francisco @ St. Louis (3rd shutout of the year)
Detroit @ Green Bay (Shootout: I want it)
Washington @ Philadelphia (All da Eagles hate this season, still one of the better teams in the league)
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville (IN THE MIDDLE OF COLLEGE BOWL WEEK, WE GET THE TOILET BOWL)
Tennessee @ Houston (Who can collapse harder? It's the Titans)
Seattle @ Arizona (The Beast too Stronk for the Cards D)
Kansas City @ Denver (Von Miller had his first bad game of his career last week... won't happen again)
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta (Hi, we're the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and we suck)
Baltimore @ Cincinnati (Dear god I want this so bad for them...)
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Cleveland may have a good D, but dear god does their Offense suck)
San Diego @ Oakland (Oakland going full on free fall mode, last week's win doesn't count)
Dallas @ NY Giants (The battle of the best of the rest QB's...)

Carolina @ New Orleans
Chicago @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Detroit @ Green Bay
Tennessee @ Houston
Seattle @ Arizona
Kansas City @ Denver
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
San Diego @ Oakland
Dallas @ NY Giants

Killah you seem to have one more loss than Steeler despite have the exact same amount of wins, not sure exactly what happened there :/

Carolina @ New Orleans (Brees is going to pad that shiny new record of his)
Chicago @ Minnesota (Battle of the teams that really miss their franchise running backs)
NY Jets @ Miami (Let's go for the upset, why not)
Buffalo @ New England (New England isn't about to let the Bills beat them a second time)
San Francisco @ St. Louis (Easy road to a first round bye for the 49ers)
Detroit @ Green Bay (Forgot about starters being rested, I'm guessing the Packers will rest pretty well everyone important while the Lions will fight for the 5th seed)
Washington @ Philadelphia (Too little, too late for Philly)
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville (They beat the Titans and the Texans, so I'm going to call for the Colts to finish off the division)
Tennessee @ Houston (They need this to get their confidence back heading into the playoffs)
Seattle @ Arizona (Toss-up)
Kansas City @ Denver (KC doesn't have the offense to beat Tebow Time)
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta (Atlanta is going to bounce back and destroy a much weaker team)
Baltimore @ Cincinnati (Another upset, I think at home Cincy can do Pittsburgh a favour and beat the Ravens while also clinching their own playoff berth)
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Cleveland, on the other hand, will do no such favours for Baltimore; even with Batch at QB the Steelers should have no trouble here)
San Diego @ Oakland (SD waited just a bit too long to get hot, but they can at least ruin the hopes of their division rival)
Dallas @ NY Giants (Let's go Giants, let's go!)

Carolina @ New Orleans
Chicago @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Detroit @ Green Bay
Tennessee @ Houston
Seattle @ Arizona
Kansas City @ Denver
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
San Diego @ Oakland
Dallas @ NY Giants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)