NFL WPC '11 WINNER: Mercy

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol ok no more hunches...

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - They gotta bounce back sometime...
Seattle @ NY Giants - Seattle can't win on the road (unless it's Chicago XD)
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville - tough one, probably wrong here.
New Orleans @ Carolina - STILL starting Cam Newton in fantasy.
Oakland @ Houston - Houston should have beaten Pittsburgh much more than they did.
Philadelphia @ Buffaro - ANGRY VICK.
Kansas City @ Indianapolis - lol
Arizona @ Minnesota - Never picking Minnesota again. Now they'll win...
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco - My gut tells me TB doesn't travel well, but...
NY Jets @ New England - jets suck.
San Diego @ Denver - No idea what's wrong with SD this season.
Green Bay @ Atlanta - Too strongth.
Chicago @ Detroit - I hope Megatron plays.

lol ok no more hunches...

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - They gotta bounce back sometime...
Seattle @ NY Giants - Seattle can't win on the road (unless it's Chicago XD)
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville - tough one, probably wrong here.
New Orleans @ Carolina - STILL starting Cam Newton in fantasy.
Oakland @ Houston - Houston should have beaten Pittsburgh much more than they did.
Philadelphia @ Buffaro - ANGRY VICK.
Kansas City @ Indianapolis - lol
Arizona @ Minnesota - Never picking Minnesota again. Now they'll win...
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco - My gut tells me TB doesn't travel well, but...
NY Jets @ New England - jets suck.
San Diego @ Denver - No idea what's wrong with SD this season.
Green Bay @ Atlanta - Too strongth.
Chicago @ Detroit - I hope Megatron plays.
Houston would have won by at least 7 more points with the int at the end, but the refs were tripping and threw a flag because they saw Roethlisberger's face melting off.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2011/1...ends-officiating-crew-for-tripping-on-the-job

Edit: Forgot to say this: 13-3, fuck yeah!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nice BS article btw, and that was a fair call. It's called the Brady rule, and it applies to everyone. If that were Matt Schaub on the turf you'd be screaming for a flag.

I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what happened on that play. I just found the article and thought it was true. I knew the call on the blocked kick was fair but wasn't sure about the other one. So the whole article is fake?

Edit: So I'm guessing someone was just pissed off about the calls and made the whole thing up?

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville - lol...
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo - im picking against the eagles every week
Kansas City @ Indianapolis - yet again...lol
Arizona @ Minnesota
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco
NY Jets @ New England - sorry but mark sanchez is the worst qb in the nfl
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Indianapolis
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
IIRC I was 12-4 last week. Yay!

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh- Pittsburgh's getting weaker by the minute, but is still strong enough to beat the Titans.
Seattle @ NY Giants lol
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville- Shit Bowl of Week 5. Eh Cincinnati has a win so why not make it 2?
New Orleans @ Carolina- lol
Oakland @ Houston the Texans are really good IMO
Philadelphia @ Buffalo- Vick probably will not throw four interceptions.
Kansas City @ Indianapolis- Other Shit Bowl of Week 5. Went with the home team
Arizona @ Minnesota- If you can't beat the Chiefs you can't beat a halfway decent college team
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco- Clash of the most slightly above average teams in the NFL
NY Jets @ New England just like last year's playoffs jk pats r good
San Diego @ Denver- Okay nvm about the broncos being the worst team in the league but they do suck.
Green Bay @ -Atlanta go cardinals lions for only undefeated team in nfl
Chicago @ Detroit I love the Lions so much they are like jesus if jesus played football.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - Big Ben may not play. I don't think Pitt can do it??
Seattle @ NY Giants - lol
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville guessin
New Orleans @ Carolina - Dont care for Carolina, but NO is gonna lose and it gives the Falcons a better chance of winning the NFC South at the end of the year. +Cam Newton is gonna rip the saints tbh.
Oakland @ Houston - Offense too strong. Jacoby Jones needs to step up though
Philadelphia @ Buffalo - buffalo is special??
Kansas City @ Indianapolis - oof well indy has shown life and KC has beaten terrible vikings.
Arizona @ Minnesota - terrible vikings
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco - See NO game
NY Jets @ New England - mark sanchez is ass.
San Diego @ Denver - SD gonna explode one day
Green Bay @ Atlanta - I got a hunch that Atlanta is gonna play with heart in this game :L. They need to start unleashing the blitzes like late last year!
Chicago @ Detroit The bears will be lucky if they get Jay Cutler out of there alive.

Standings updated.

PS this week looks far easier pick wise, and I'm expecting a lot of 12-4s or better!
This actually wasn't too far off; out of 36 participants this week, 4 (zach the great, Flamestrike, icepick, and Blindy McBlind) went 13-3, 11 went 12-4, and 9 went 11-5. Waterbomb and Curtains are the goats this week, each going only 6-10. Curtains had the distinction of going only 1-8 in the 1:00 games. The only other participant with less than 10 wins was Stylish Interval, who somehow managed to get exactly 8 wins for the fourth week in a row.

J-Man and DM are still tied for the lead at 46-17, though there are 5 competitors within 2 wins of them.

Only Stylish Interval and Zoro picked the Bungles to win, while only J-Man, Remlabmez and Dublinnaser1 picked San Francisco. The only team that was unanimously picked was Green Bay.

I've added a list of inactives to the OP. This doesn't mean you're "banned" from participating, it just means that I won't include you in the standings unless you start making picks again. I'm not really going to enforce the "miss 2 weeks and you're out" rule, so as long as you at least make picks most of the time I'll keep including you in the standings.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh (Tennessee has been good but I have a gut feeling they won't be good this week)
Seattle @ NY Giants (Homer pick plus I'd be depressed if we managed to lose to the Failhawks)
Cincinnati @ Jacksonville (Two bad teams, but at least Cincinnati is coming off a win)
New Orleans @ Carolina (Poor Panthers just can't seem to catch a break)
Oakland @ Houston (Texans are good this year, Oakland... isn't)
Philadelphia @ Buffalo (The dream team is done)
Kansas City @ Indianapolis (Maybe Curtis Painter can actually get the Colts somewhere?)
Arizona @ Minnesota (I have learned from the error of my ways; I will not pick Minnesota again)
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (Gut feeling here)
NY Jets @ New England (Jets D hasn't exactly been dominant and NE is tearing teams up left and right)
San Diego @ Denver (Denver sucks, San Diego doesn't)
Green Bay @ Atlanta (As much as I'd love to see the Falcons win this game and prove they're still a good team, GB is just too good)
Chicago @ Detroit (Continuing to ride the bandwagon)

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Arizona
@ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego
@ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

Damn, somehow I thought I'd move up further. Oh well, being tied for first for the week is still good. Perhaps analyzing and thinking is the way to go. I'll be back in a few days with a 13-0.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
--Pitts is very inconsistent lately. And Tennessee has a 40 point total differental over Pitt (Tenn: +32, Pitt: -8)
Seattle @ NY Giants
--Are you kidding me?
--Cincy isn't doing half bad this year, plus they are about average in defense. Unlike Jacksonville who has a -46 run diff.
New Orleans @ Carolina
--Sorry Cam, not this weekend.
Oakland @ Houston
--Sorry Oakland, Houston is more legit...
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
--First week voting against philly, I will now do this every week for the rest of the year
--Oddly enough Indy (-45) has a lower run diff than KC (-77).This is the week where they finally win one.
Arizona @ Minnesota
--Again, are you kidding?
--Tampa is playing very well compared to Minny. People should take them more seriously.
NY Jets @ New England
--After last week I am not voting for the Jets anymore...
San Diego @ Denver
--Division Rival game. Denver hasn't been doing to good this year.
Green Bay @ Atlanta
--no further comments
Chicago @ Detroit

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - Without Britt, the Titans won't have enough offensive firepower unless Chris Johnson finally shows up. And a hobbled Big Ben is still better than Hasselbeck.
Seattle @ NY Giants - Sidney Rice looks great, but with Tavaris Jackson and no running game...
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville - NFL's best defense against NFL's worst offense.
New Orleans @ Carolina - Gregg Williams is going to have a field day against Scam Newton
Oakland @ Houston - Darren McFadden for Madden 13 cover, Houston for AFC championship
Philadelphia @ Buffalo - As much as the Bills have improved on defense, they're the weakest defense Philly's #4 offense has gotten to face yet. That is, if they don't shoot themselves in the foot.
Kansas City @ Indianapolis - Kansas City, winners of the AFC West last season, gets to face two winless teams back to back? Hax
Arizona @ Minnesota - Last time Arizona won an away game: Week 1, 2010.
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco - Sorry Polis, but I'll be a "hater" until I see Tampa Bay convincingly beat a bad team or beat a good team. Same problem they had last year, really!
NY Jets @ New England - Brady puts up 450 yards, Rex Ryan brags that he held Brady under 500
San Diego @ Denver - The slow-starting Chargers have so far played one 3-1 team, two 0-4 teams, and Denver will be their second 1-3 team.
Green Bay @ Atlanta - This is precisely the opposite of what I think will happen, but if I'm right I'll look smart or something.
Chicago @ Detroit - Chicago couldn't hold Steve Smith in check, so I doubt they'll fare much better against Megatron.

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

Tough week

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh (Still think Tenn's win over Ravens was fluky. If that game was in Baltimore, Baltimore wins easy, so I'll take Pitt at home.)
Seattle @ NY Giants
Cincinatti @ Jacksonville (Good defense vs. rookie quarterback? Yes please)
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston (Worried about no AJ, but hopefully Foster goes wild... very hesitant about this pick)
Philadelphia @ Buffalo (Buffalo needs to prove it to me again after laying an egg.)
Kansas City @ Indianapolis (0-4 home team in the dome.)
Arizona @ Minnesota (0-4 home team in the dome.)
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (Making the west coast road trip on a short week? No thanks)
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta (Will be a lot closer than people think)
Chicago @ Detroit

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
Cincinatti
@ Jacksonville-just awful
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia
@ Buffalo-most interesting
Kansas City @ Indianapolis-this one is also awful
Arizona @ Minnesota-so is this one
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego
@ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit-upset

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo hmm
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit ~_~

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - I honestly think Steelers are better than they appear, and the Titans are worse than they appear

Seattle @ NY Giants - Giants have stepped up a bit at least, and should beat a rather poor Seattle team

Cincinatti @ Jacksonville - Battle of losers, but Bengals have a bit more of an edge

New Orleans @ Carolina - As fun as it has been to watch Newton lite up opposing teams, still not enough if the Defense can't do squat. Wasn't their new HC supposed to be a defensive guru?

Oakland @ Houston - Another hard pick, but Texans are at home and can torch Oakland

Philadelphia @ Buffalo - Eagles aren't going to recover just yet, even if Bills somehow lost to the Bungles

Kansas City @ Indianapolis - Odd as it sounds, I'm gonna guess the Colts will pick up their first win against Chiefs, who've been almost as bad

Arizona @ Minnesota - Compared to how poor Vikings have been, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals can score a win

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco - Being at home gives the Niners a slight edge imo

NY Jets @ New England - Fuck Patriots, and Jets usually come out strong against their hated rival

San Diego @ Denver - They ain't the Orange Crush for sure, even if they're going back to those uniforms

Green Bay @ Atlanta - I still hate betting against Falcons at home, but GB has beat them at home before and can do it again

Chicago @ Detroit - I like the Bears, but I don't see how they can stop a Lions team on the roll

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - it worked last week it'll work again
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina - come on newton, do it for ronkonkoma
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo - and so, the bills begin to tumble from atop their majestic mountain as the eagles began to soar once more
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

8 wins all week erry week

Tennessee < Pittsburgh (Tough one, so I'll go for the home team on this one. It still irks me that Baltimore wrecked Pittsburgh and lost to Tennessee, but whatever.)
Seattle < NY Giants (Giants have been doing all right so far, though Seattle did almost beat Atlanta... Home team again.)
Cincinatti > Jacksonville (Good defense against terrible offense.)
New Orleans > Carolina (Cam will never catch a damn break.)
Oakland < Houston (Go Texans! Still worried about the lack of Johnson, which will make Foster easier to cover, but hopefully we can still get this one.)
Philadelphia < Buffalo (The bandwagon is gone, but so is the Dream Team. Another tough one, so home team.)
Kansas City < Indianapolis (I think Painter at home can win this one.)
Arizona > Minnesota (Vikings had their chance to win last week.)
Tampa Bay < San Francisco (Tough one, so I choose the home team.)
NY Jets < New England (Jets are gonna get wrecked.)
San Diego < Denver (SD won against two 0-4 teams, and one 1-3 team who is only 1-3 because they beat a 0-4 team. I think Denver at home will take this one.)
Green Bay > Atlanta (I'll just go with the Packers until they lose.)
Chicago < Detroit (I wish this prediction game didn't make me go against my favorite teams, but again, I will pick the Lions until they lose.)

Very hard week. I've got a bad feeling about this, Fox.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

edit: this is a pre sunday edit of greenbay > atlanta idk what happened there but yeah not cheatin x-x

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Tennessee @ Pittsburgh
Seattle @ NY Giants
Cincinnati @ Jacksonville
New Orleans @ Carolina
Oakland @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Buffalo
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
San Diego @ Denver
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Detroit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)