NFL WPC '11 WINNER: Mercy

Philadelphia @ Seattle (lol Seahawks) (***Thursday***)
Carolina @ Tampa Bay (Newton > terrible Bucs team)
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (beat them once, and gonna beat them again. Cincinnati just isn't good.)
Atlanta @ Houston (this is a difficult game, but I think the Texans can win it despite their 3rd string QB)
NY Jets @ Washington (both teams suck, but I think the Jets can win)
Indianapolis @ New England (....you're kidding me right?)
Oakland @ Miami (Cowboys killed the Dolphins' winning streak; meanwhile, the Raiders are surging ahead for a possible division win)
Denver @ Minnesota (TEBOW!)
Tennessee @ Buffalo (Bills are just too bad)
Kansas City @ Chicago (Chiefs are awful, so the Bears should win even without Caleb Hanie)
Baltimore @ Cleveland (I'm gonna be probably the 1 person to pick the Browns, but the better team doesn't always win...even if, in this game, the best team is a whole world apart)
Dallas @ Arizona (Upset let's go!)
Green Bay @ NY Giants (Packers = win)
St. Louis @ San Francisco (This might have been a good game last year, but this year just no.)
Detroit @ New Orleans (Brees got 5 touchdowns yesterday, and can easily stay hot against the Lions)
San Diego @ Jacksonville (Chargers smh)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Philadelphia @ Seattle - Philly is dysfunctional and can't beat non-division opponents. Seattle is weird though...
Carolina @ Tampa Bay - Meh
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh - Will change if Polamalu is out
Atlanta @ Houston - Don't think TJ Yates is the man. Not that Leinart was either but =/
NY Jets @ Washington - I despise the Jets
Indianapolis @ New England - Was almost tempted to pick Indy for the luls
Oakland @ Miami - Err, tough call
Denver @ Minnesota - Can't pick against Jesus
Tennessee @ Buffalo - Tennessee doesn't travel well
Kansas City @ Chicago - Even Hanie should be enough to beat KC
Baltimore @ Cleveland - Rice gains 54 yards on his first carry and then never touches the ball again
Dallas @ Arizona - Although Dallas could easily eff this up
Green Bay @ NY Giants - 16-0
St. Louis @ San Francisco - lol
Detroit @ New Orleans - Although NO could also very easily go bipolar
San Diego @ Jacksonville - Last chance for San Diahgo

Man, the week I go 12-4 everyone else does well. Funny how that works.

Philadelphia > Seattle (Tough one, but Philly has better players.)
Carolina < Tampa Bay (Newton can't carry a whole team.)
Cincinnati < Pittsburgh (I'm hoping for the Bengals, though.)
Atlanta > Houston (Again, there's always next year... Oh how the mighty will fall.)
NY Jets > Washington (Not too sure. Grossman has been playing all right as of late.)
Indianapolis < New England (Lololololol.)
Oakland > Miami (Raiders need to win to keep Tebow out.)
Denver > Minnesota (Finally picking Tebow. Now they'll go and lose.)
Tennessee > Buffalo (Hoping for Bills to help Texans, who desperately need it now.)
Kansas City < Chicago (Still pulling for Bears. Hopefully Hanie now knows the rules of the game.)
Baltimore > Cleveland (Well, they may lose since Cleveland is a terrible team.)
Dallas > Arizona (Fuck Cowboys.)
Green Bay > NY Giants (So the Giants will be two games behind the Cowboys. Oh well, Giants should destroy Cowboys both times.)
St. Louis < San Francisco (Yep.)
Detroit < New Orleans (No Suh for Lions, so Saints win by at least 3 TD's.)
San Diego < Jacksonville (This will be quite a shitty MNF game.)

Looks tough. Too many inconsistent and potentially good teams.

Green Bay @ Detroit
Miami @ Dallas Only easy one.
San Francisco @ Baltimore
Houston @ Jacksonville
Buffalo @ NY Jets
Cleveland @ Cincinnati Bungles are way different then when they played the Browns last
Minnesota @ Atlanta *Sigh*
Arizona @ St. Louis
Carolina @ Indianapolis I'd rather be shocked by the Colts win.
Tampa Bay @ Tennessee
Chicago @ Oakland
Washington @ Seattle Risky, as Seahawks have toughest stadium to play in.
Denver @ San Diego
New England @ Philadelphia Fuck it.
Pittsburgh @ Kansas City
NY Giants @ New Orleans
13-3! WOOOO~!

Just my Thursday pick for now.
Philadelphia @ Seattle Coin flip as to which Eagles shows up, I guess a deflated one.

Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta
@ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Indianapolis @ New England
Oakland
@ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore
@ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
St. Louis @ San Francisco
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego
@ Jacksonville

Philadelphia @ Seattle (Two of the worst teams to predict for since they both win matches they shouldn't win and lose matches they shouldn't lose far more often than the average team. Gonna go with the more talented team, not like it's helped the Eagles at all)
Carolina @ Tampa Bay (Not much to say about this one, Tampa is simply better)
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (As much as I want to pick the Bengals I think I overestimated them. That being said, I'd be quite happy if they proved me wrong)
Atlanta @ Houston (Houston, on the other hand, is legit. Even without Schaub, they have the best defense and arguably the best running game in the league.)
NY Jets @ Washington (Hard to pick the Jets, but even harder to pick the Redskins)
Indianapolis @ New England (Colts going 0-16? Definitely not breaking that goose egg here anyway)
Oakland @ Miami (Oakland is pulling it together at the right time)
Denver @ Minnesota (Tebow might be the most horrible quarterback to start for a decent stretch of a season, but the fact of the matter is that he's 5-1)
Tennessee @ Buffalo (Tough call, but Tennessee is coming off a better game
Kansas City @ Chicago (Tyler Palko will not take the Chiefs anywhere. They need to get Orton in there and soon)
Baltimore @ Cleveland (Easy win for Baltimore)
Dallas @ Arizona (See above)
Green Bay @ NY Giants (Another week, another game where I desperately want to pick my favorite team and can't. The Giants' performance against the Saints really drives home the fact that they won't be able to hang with Rodgers and the Packers)
St. Louis @ San Francisco (Baltimore was one of the few teams that could compete with the 49ers defensively. St. Louis isn't)
Detroit @ New Orleans (Brees is almost as unstoppable as Rodgers right now and the Lions don't have Suh to help put pressure on him)
San Diego @ Jacksonville(This will probably be the game that the Chargers finally get it together. At least I'm hoping so. Whether they keep it together after this game...)

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Oakland @ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Jacksonville

You can swear in caps all you want, but if you want to edit your thursday picks after the thursday games start, make a new post!

This is why I highly recommended making your thursday picks in a separate post!

Standings updated, I'll keep it brief:

Upset picks this week were the Denver Tebows, the Seahawks, the Browns, the Dolphins, and the Eagles. A few people picked the Hawks/Browns/Fins, but only Stylish Interval picked the Eagles and only ShakeItUp and BrazilianGuy got Denver correct.

Lots of people went 10-4 this week, but only Steeler and Steamroll went 11-3. That means Steeler expanded his lead to three wins over second place kd24 and Yondie.
I got Denver right too, and the Eagles didn't win... 0_o

Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets
@ Washington
Oakland @ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Jacksonville

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Oakland @ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Jacksonville

ravens play a shit team, so they are gonna lose. it should also be noted that the pats spread vs the colts is -21...thats so insane in the sports betting world

Getting Thursday out of the way again:

Eagles > Seahawks - Fuck it, going with the majority, so at least if I'm wrong, almost everyone else is too

Philadelphia@ Seattle - Nightmare team says hi again
Carolina@ Tampa Bay - Why do people say that Newton is so good? He can't win(Colts don't count)
Cincinnati@ Pittsburgh - Cincy hasn't balls enough to win Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh...
Atlanta @ Houston - Why Schaub, why
NY Jets @ Washington - Agains myself, I`m picking the Jets
Indianapolis @ New England - W-T-F
Oakland @ Miami - Yeah, the Pirates will make the playoffs
Denver @ Minnesota - May I say again that Tebow is good
Tennessee @ Buffalo - Buffalo sucks
Kansas City @ Chicago - lol, even without Jay Cutler, the Chiefs will not win this
Baltimore @ Cleveland - W-T-F[2]
Dallas @ Arizona - Just a rage pick
Green Bay @ NY Giants -Way to have at least one right pick? Pick up the cheese-heads
St. Louis @ San Francisco – And this is the way to have two…
Detroit @ New Orleans – Detroit is good actually, but the Saints is better
San Diego @ Jacksonville – Since I started picking San Diego(as a fan) I made it wrong. Well, I’ll do it wrong AGAIN, I hope so(if it works, I’ll never pick up San Diego again…)

So considering how close the Broncos/Chargers game was to a tie...what happens if there is one?
The competition is just based on who gets the most wins more than anything. It'd be silly to add a "tie" column, so I just wouldn't count the game and have everyone's score for this week be based off of 15 games.

I got Denver right too, and the Eagles didn't win... 0_o
Check the date, that was from last week :toast:

Standings updated

Pretty awesome week overall. Out of 29 participants who guessed all 16 games, 18 got more than 12 wins. zach the great beat everyone with an outstanding 15-1 week, which is also only the second 1-loss week anyone has gotten this year (remlabmez went 12-1 in week 6). I got second best at 14-2, and six people went 13-3 (kd24, Mercy, Foster, Nozizaki, TheValkries, Atticus)

As the scores indicate, there weren't really any major upsets this week. Baltimore-San Francisco, Arizona-St. Louis, Chicago-Oakland, Tampa-Tennessee, and Denver-San Diego were essentially coin flips when it came to who Smogon favored. Only seven people picked Washington over Seattle, leaving it as the only "upset" this week.

Steeler held on to first place and still has a two game lead over kd24 with five weeks to go. Yondie and Mercy are tied for third at three games back.

Week 13 doesn't look so bad, but there's a couple close matchups that may be difficult to pick!

Detroit @ New Orleans- Stafford with a healthy finger- 4 INTs over 8 games. Guess whose finger is going to be healthy next game FUCK YEAH DETROIT LIONS FUCK YOU HATERS

Went 13-3 last week IIRC would have been 14-2 if I wasn't a lions fan but that's ok cuz the lions are :D:D:D
I know you're a Lions fan...but what in your retarded head makes you think they can beat Drew Brees IN New Orleans? The Lions just got killed at home by the Packers....Yeah. Not a chance they're even keep up with Drew Brees. You can't let them being your favorite team impact your judgement. The Lions suck. They have gone 2 and 4 over the last 6 games. They are just...bad

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Carolina@ Tampa Bay - Why do people say that Newton is so good? He can't win(Colts don't count)

Are you stupid? Newton can't win? More like our defense cant play. Carolina is missing like 80% of their defense resulting to 2nd, 3rd, and even practice squad players. Newton puts 20+ points on the board a game, it's not his fault that the defense can't stop the pass or rush. He's doing everything right, and breaking records like no other.

His numbers surpass andy dalton who has a great record, but dalton has a defense to back him up.

EndRant

I know you're a Lions fan...but what in your retarded head makes you think they can beat Drew Brees IN New Orleans? The Lions just got killed at home by the Packers....Yeah. Not a chance they're even keep up with Drew Brees. You can't let them being your favorite team impact your judgement. The Lions suck. They have gone 2 and 4 over the last 6 games. They are just...bad
Who fucking cares:evan:

It's fucking football, he can pick whoever the fuck he wants. I could pick the Colts for fucks sake and not care.

Before you go all high and mighty and reply with a smart ass comment, keep it to yourself because no one fucking cares.

I woke up in argumentative mood and I'll damn right put you in your place.

Are you stupid? Newton can't win? More like our defense cant play. Carolina is missing like 80% of their defense resulting to 2nd, 3rd, and even practice squad players. Newton puts 20+ points on the board a game, it's not his fault that the defense can't stop the pass or rush. He's doing everything right, and breaking records like no other.

His numbers surpass andy dalton who has a great record, but dalton has a defense to back him up.

EndRant
I've only watched the one game against Minnesota,, but if you want me to diagnose the problem, you could still win with that defense if Cam could turn it over less. Way too many INTs and fumbles. That's my biased opinion.

Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Oakland @ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Jacksonville

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
who for some reason still isn't banned again

Philadelphia@ Seattle (***Thursday***)
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati@ Pittsburgh

Bucs are in freefall, Lynch will tear up Philly D, and I like the Bengals but not on the road (though it will be close).

Philadelphia @ Seattle (***Thursday***)

steeler, you are a worthy adversary :S - fitting that the fight is between a ravens and a steelers fan but im going to bring the prediction trophy back to baltimore!_!

Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh This pains me.
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Oakland @ Miami Matt Moore is the 9th rated QB this year.
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo Bills are too late for the Suck for Luck games.
Kansas City @ Chicago The we don't have QB anymore bowl.
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants Not feeling it. Pack won't go undefeated, but they could if they wanted to.
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ LA Jag Offs

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Oakland @ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Jacksonville

Philadelphia @ Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Atlanta @ Houston
NY Jets @ Washington
Oakland @ Miami
Denver @ Minnesota
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Kansas City @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Arizona
Green Bay @ NY Giants
Detroit @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Jacksonville

steeler, you are a worthy adversary :S - fitting that the fight is between a ravens and a steelers fan but im going to bring the prediction trophy back to baltimore!_!
:pimp:

i hate hate hate early week games, just gonna pick philly even tho i don't feel good about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)