Nice Bisharp. :]

So it all started when I wanted to create a team, that would be just breaking down walls and then slow sweepers down with sticky web so you can smash those as well. But I also wanted to use one of my favorite mixed powerhouses as well. So we shall start with...

Kyurem-B
What can I say? I love using this beast, and it's a perfect mix attacker with it's massive 170 base attack and very respectable 120 special attack. But we can't forget his really good bulk, Base 125 HP, 100 and 95 defenses. That is really bulky for a sweeper, which is why I made it a bulky one. Only thing it's lacking right now is speed, but we'll get into that later. I really like Kyurem-B's movepool, since it really can't be countered completely, in my opinion. Since it had Earth Power, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw/Outrage, Fusion Bolt and you can run HP fire for Ferrothorn and Forretress! On top of that you can run SubRoost on it, and walls like Mega Venusaur are going to get smashed thanks to it's useful ability Teravolt, negating Thick Fat and killing with Ice Beam. But since I'm running a bulky one, I felt like using the following set :

Stop Racism (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Rash nature due to it being able to live a 2 brave birds from Life Orb Talonflame with the natural physical defense from full health, if I am not mistaken. And also I don't want to lower my offense and speed. Roost is cool to back up some health after doing nice damage with LO attacks, and since it's a bulky variant, getting HP is really awesome, especially since it's weak to stealth rocks! Ice Beam for STAB, Fusion bolt for Skarmory and water types which don't take much from Ice Beam, and finally Earth Power for stuff like Heatran and fire types switching in on Ice Beam. Now you might remember when I talked about Kyurem-B lacking speed earlier, right? Well that's when we get to...

Galvantula

Galvantula is mainly for sticky web action, since you can just put a sash on it and it gets some moves to hit other leads. For example, you can thunder Talonflame (I've seen it lead many times), you can bug buzz stuff that want to prevent your webs with magic bounce, those being Mega Absol and Espeon. You can also bug buzz Deo-D and Deo-S, while as well hit Dnite or Landorus-T with a nice HP Ice. Giga Drain is also an option to hit rock and ground types. But back to sticky web, as I said earlier, this team is built around abusing that and using some powerful attackers, so Galvantula plays a pretty big role in the team. But beware! Some Deo-D's may carry Magic Coat, so you might want to hit Deo-D's with Bug Buzz first, just to be sure. Now for the set;
Nice webs :] (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I've pretty much already explained everything above, so nothing to really add here. Except, what's a problem when abusing sticky web? Well defog of course! Which is why the next pokemon comes into play...

Bisharp
Bisharp is such a beautiful pokemon this gen, since it can now hit a new type and as well can abuse it's ability; Defiant! It can also abuse the sticky web, not bad, not bad at all. There's not much I can really say about this, it abuses defiant, it sets up on walls that can't hit it, it abuses sticky web, it sweeps. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO ADD?! Let's just go with the set...
Be Sharp (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

You could really run max HP or max speed, I just like to run max speed because after all, the sticky web is gone after defog, and spinning is a thing too (still!). Oh course max HP is really good even after sticky web is gone, just due to Bisharp's pretty cool natural bulk, except since I'm running Life Orb, I feel like Jolly is more beneficial and superior. The moves! Dual STAB is cool, it's a bit annoying to get walled by roosting Mega Charizard, roaring Heatran and just some random Cobalion tho. I know you might be wondering "Why the fuck you running sub along Life Orb?". The answer is simple; I have no fucking idea! It works because you just sub on something like Ferrothorn or status moves (Power Whip from Ferro does ~37% so remember that!) but using SD behind sub makes me feel safe and if pokes are low enough or some walls are dead, it sweeps. With Life Orb boost, Bisharp actually does around 60% to Conkeldurr! Moving on! To...

Gengar
Man, I love this pokemon. Even when OU seems boring, this pokemon wont disappoint me. It can run so many sets, naming a few are specs, sash, life orb, trick scarf and my person favorite, sub disable. This guy might be the one to keep me in OU when it doesn't interest me. But! At the time I was creating the team, I noticed some fighting weakness and just so nothing can freely spam CC or Superpower or any shit like that, I wanted a ghost type. And it's always cool to have a ground immunity, due to Bisharp being weak to it, and of course so I don't get affected by spikes nor sticky web, which makes me think of something... Oh, I'm weak to hazards! Well damn, I'll get into it later. Nice sub disable is here;
Nappy (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Well, as I stated above, it's definitely my favorite Gengar set, along with dual STAB. It was quite difficult for me to decide which 2 moves would I choose since there's plenty of options; Focus Miss, the STABs, HP Fire I guess, Tbolt, Giga Drain, Dazzling Gleam. It was just so frustrating, man. But gladly, dual STABs work and if you have a good reason for me to switch the moves around, or if you want to switch the moves around, go for it! Now speaking of being weak to hazards...

Espeon
I don't exactly like spinning, and it's pretty fun to challenge myself to make the right switch in the right time. Espeon gets nailed by Galvantula's bug buzz if it has sash and gets pursuit trapped to death, but it's a fine pokemon nevertheless! I like to be able to prevent every status on this. Of, what's that Rotom-W, you can't to burn me? I don't fucking think so. Oh Breloom, you want to spore? Think again. Also fuck you Smeargle. (Sorry for the bad language) Now instead of using this thing as a support, I'm going to take advantage of it's base 130 SpA and not having a specially offensive sweeper yet (Gengar doesn't count, js). Here's the set, ladies and gentlemen;

TM87 (Espeon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now the set is somewhat obvious, but if it isn't, I'll explain it to you. Psyshock is the obvious STAB move and to hit stuff that can take special hits like Blissey or the most terrifying thing in existence, Chansey. It also kills Conk which I think can live a Psychic with assault vest on it, at least it takes hits from stuff like Alakazam, Gengar and Latios. Dazzling gleam is really good coverage against dark types, Shadow Ball to hit opposing psychic types and ghost types as well, and then HP Fire for that damn Ferrothorn. God, I hate that thing. And for the final pokemon!

Rotom-H
At this point I'm not giving any fucks about the stealth rock weakness, which is bad for my part. But you know what? I needed a scarfer, and something that can poop on Talonflame. Something, that isn't a damn wash machine. And overall, Rotom-H has a great typing, even if I'm not using it as a defensive pokemon which would just burn everything and make everybody hate you. No, I'm using this:

Nice oven :] (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Alright, this is really, really simple. Volt switch for momentum, Overheat for power, HP Grass for those damn Quagsires and Swamperts (and against those really rare Gastrodons). Trick to cripple stuff. Note to self : Don't trick a scarf against Latias (I lost because I did that). Yup, that's literally all I can think of telling ya'll. Except it gets walled by dragons, especially Zygarde and Garchomp.

Overall I like the team, even though every time I look at it, it makes me think "What kind of shit have I made ;-;", but then I remember that I actually got to 1500 (didn't bother laddering more, I'm a lazy person) with it so it's a fine team if you can play it right.

Found weaknesses : Teams with lots of flying type sweepers. I had some problems with a team that had Thundurus, Landorus and Talonflame on the same team so damn.

Importable :
Stop Racism (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Nice webs :] (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Be Sharp (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Nappy (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

TM87 (Espeon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nice oven :] (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

I forgive you for the calcs :P. Anyway, your team is looking quite good. I'd rather give a leftovers bisharp rather than a life orb bisharp if you're going for a substitute. Or you can just go for the brick break instead of the sub, brick break OHKOs a non-bulky tyranitar. Instead of rotom-h go for a rotom-w, he takes less damage than rotom heat by rocks, is a great wall for talonflame, and is only weak towards grass types(Switch Overheat with Hydro pump). Your team also needs a physical wall such as gliscor or skarmory imo.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Spikes
- Taunt/defog
or
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Don't forget the rapid spinning Forretress as well, to get rid of your SR problems if defog isn't what you want
Forretress @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion
or rather
Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
If you want him to live for a while, he's a great physical wall anyway, the only things that hit hard are special attacks and fire moves.

Well the thing is that it's rather hyper offensive which is why I don't exactly need or want a wall, it's rather the small synergy it has on it's own and I'm using LO over lefties on Bisharp just due to that huge damage it gets, Ferrothorn gets 2HKO'd by sucker punch, Conk gets 2HKO'd by sucker punch and pretty much everything takes a massive hit or gets OHKO'd, unless it's one of the pokes I mentioned that wall it. Then I just have to play it right. And if I manage to be behind sub, I can pretty much hit things that are faster than me or resist sucker punch, like Terrakion for example (Unless I have the sticky web up). And Bisharp doesn't exactly do much with the lefties overall because without running any EVs on HP, it's rather frail. As for Rotom-H, the hyper offense strikes again. I would much rather have a powerful fire type eating souls with more accurate Overheat, and people are kinda prepared for Rotom-W since it's the most used pokemon in OU. Thanks for the ideas tho!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)