Monotype night night

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It was somewhere around 9:00 at night and a friend put me on to this private jet company for a flight to Japan. The aviator was flying awfully low and as it was as if we were going through buildings as if they appeared concealed, but it was late and I was probably just tired. After a long cold night, I woke up to my cat, fernyah meowing which alerted me that our jet at crashed!!! I opened my GPS and we were located in the Yellow Sea and I couldn't leave because we were surrounded by freaking jellyfish! The tides eventually moved us towards land where pure water surrounded us, so sure you could see the corals through the sea! We arrived on the day of Jidai Matsuri, a festival annually held on October 22nd where people dressed up in costumes to represent history. There were flags, horses, fans, symbols, and even shields brought to this event! I didn't get to see what I came here for, that was to see the statue of Buddha as known as the Nara Daibutsu...so huge that it made the hugest shadow from behind in light.

Teambuilding

I wanted to build my team around Substitute Dragapult. I feel like this is way better than Choice Specs it helps incredibly Poison's Regenerator Core and things CP struggles with being locked in which can be troublesome against a typing with immunities/resistances(Water/Poison/etc).

Giving up Dragapult's Sub Dragon Dance + Disable, which does works against Fire, I needed something to cover for that. Jellicent performs an amazing role in eating special-type attacks and spreading status ailments and pairing it with Ghost's best defensive mon, Galarian Corsola makes it a successful core in battle.

Ghost does lack removal but without Gengar or any removal in general, your team will be weak to Toxic Spikes. Gengar is the best speed control option currently for Ghost due to sub-variant Dragapult sets becoming more popular and efficient.

The team is lacking physical attackers so I decided to make both Mimiyku and Aegislash on the physical-side. Mimikyu is pretty much glue on any Ghost team.
The Team

The Jet (Dragapult) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute
- Draco Meteor

Will-O-Wisp is nice to status physical attackers like Excadrill, Corviknight, or Rillaboom and pairs nice with Hex, which doubles damage if the opposing Pokemon is statused. Dragapult is able to use Substitue on passive Pokemon such as Knockless Toxapex or Torkoal that cannot break its sub along with spreading more will's or attacking. Draco Meteor is very crucial for opposing Dragon-type Pokemon like Kyurem, Hydreigon, and Dragapult. I originally had Disable and Hex but Meteor is way better than Pulse and its just glue for those opposing mons.

fernyah >(^~^)> (Mimikyu) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Mimikyu is very good because of disguise and its Fairy-typing. With Disguise, it basically gives you a free Swords Dance while taking 10% damage; +2 on anything is pretty threatening. Life Orb is needed to output the most damage and all STABs are needed. Jolly is also a must to compete with opposing Mimikyus and out-speed Indeedee-M.

The Jellyfish (Jellicent) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

Jellicent is a nice stallbreaker and special defensive wall and it's the only thing the team has for notably, Fire-type teams. Strength Sap Jellicent is what the analysis ran before I believe but Recover is so much reliable recovery, especially on this set. Its NOT a galarian corsola. Taunt is to prevent non-damaging moves from Pokemon like Toxapex while both Toxic and Scald spreads status ailments and supports Dragapult's Hex. Toxic is also notable the only check for Volcarona while opting for maximum special defense is optimal to 1v1. 16 Spe outspeeds base Incineroar and can be useful to Toxic it; Knock Off damage is not pretty so it's no point in benchmarking Incin without Colbur Berry.

Coral (Corsola-Galar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

Galarian Corsola is a nice defensive wall and can spread Will-O-Wisps and recover health with Strength Sap. Hazards are very important on many many teams so that is a glue, along with its only attacking move, Night Shade. Galarian Corsola and Jellicent synergize together in spreading status ailments in supporting Dragapult.

the Shield (Aegislash) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

SD + Sub Aegislash does very great against Normal, Bug, Electric, Ghost, and most importantly Steel. At the beginning of this DLC, we were originally running HDB + Substitute Chandelure and that matchup was still somewhat troublesome because Chandelure isn't a Blacephaleon, it doesn't just solo Steel. With that being said, Aegislash has the ability to use Substitute on passive Pokemon such as Knockless Ferrothorn, Corviknight, Excadrill(thanks to Air Balloon), Chansey, Braviary, and etc and use SD + Sneak + Sacred to punch holes in many teams. Sacred Sword is needed to beat Corviknight and other Pokemon that may try to increase defenses. Air Balloon provides the team a temporary Ground-immunity, which is very nice for Ghost in my opinion to avoid Earthquakes from Pokemon like Diggersby and Excadrill for a small period of time. Iron Head can be run on this set somewhere as well.

Shadow of Buddha (Gengar) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick / Dazzling Gleam

Gengar does the job as a wallbreaker and removing Toxic Spikes set by the opposing team. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are glue because they are stabs that can be somewhat threatening towards Fairy. Focus Blast threatens Pokemon like Tyranitar and Diggersby for super-effective damage and Trick cripples Pokemon that otherwise walls Gengar such as Toxapex, Corviknight, or Blissey. Dazzling Gleam is also a niche for Hydreigon or Urshifu.

Replays
Ghost vs Steel
Ghost vs Poison

(importable)

Last edited:
Aye Roxiee, I like the basis of this team bro, I do got some suggestions tho.

:Dragapult:
Dragapult

I love the idea of SubWispHex Pult on Ghost teams but I definitely think you would appreciate Draco Meteor here just to be able to pick up OHKOs on most of the naturally bulky Dragons like Kyurem, Hydreigon, Dracovish, and pretty much most threats neutrally. Dragapults average SpA makes it tough to rely on Dragon Pulse to threaten foes in my eyes.

:Gengar:
Gengar

In all honestly, I do not see the need for ScarfGar in this immediate meta for Ghost teams revenge killing wise, and for this team especially it lacks a Wallbreaker. Speed Control in Timid Dragapult is decent enough as common Scarfers such as Dracovish, Dragapult, Excadrill, Terrakion, Charizard, Jirachi and others are taken care of by your defensive core in Corsola and Jellicent. Choice Specs improves its wallbreaking potential allowing you to break through defensive cores easier. The team finds itself trouble breaking Toxapex, SpD Incineroar, and other notable defensive cores so Specs Gengar should alleviate that problem.

I really like your integration of Jellicent here on this team, and I think with the suggested minor changes you can optimize your team just a bit more!

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aye Roxiee, I like the basis of this team bro, I do got some suggestions tho.

:Dragapult:
Dragapult

I love the idea of SubWispHex Pult on Ghost teams but I definitely think you would appreciate Draco Meteor here just to be able to pick up OHKOs on most of the naturally bulky Dragons like Kyurem, Hydreigon, Dracovish, and pretty much most threats neutrally. Dragapults average SpA makes it tough to rely on Dragon Pulse to threaten foes in my eyes.

:Gengar:
Gengar

In all honestly, I do not see the need for ScarfGar in this immediate meta for Ghost teams revenge killing wise, and for this team especially it lacks a Wallbreaker. Speed Control in Timid Dragapult is decent enough as common Scarfers such as Dracovish, Dragapult, Excadrill, Terrakion, Charizard, Jirachi and others are taken care of by your defensive core in Corsola and Jellicent. Choice Specs improves its wallbreaking potential allowing you to break through defensive cores easier. The team finds itself trouble breaking Toxapex, SpD Incineroar, and other notable defensive cores so Specs Gengar should alleviate that problem.

I really like your integration of Jellicent here on this team, and I think with the suggested minor changes you can optimize your team just a bit more!
ty~
I was thinking of Draco Meteor but was unsure if it synergized with Hex and without Disable something like Toxapex (SpD) and basically any Pokemon on stall could potentially PP stall it but onto your next point: Choice Specs Gengar does help support Pult in beating those type of walls, didn't think of it that way, ty implemented

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)