Monotype NIGHTMARE [Ghost]

RottenInfernape

I COULD BE BANNED!
ghosts.png

(art by me)

Hello, i'm RottenInfernape and for this RMT i'm going to be showcasing a ghost Monotype team that I have built. Ghost is undoubtedly one of the best types in SWSH, boasting great usage and all-round great stats, so I decided to spin my take on this team with a neat wallbreaker in Choice Specs Gengar. With great offensive stats and moves, Gengar is able to pummel down many Pokemon and function as a revenge killer.

This is a balance team revolved around the core of Galar Corsola + SubToxic Aegislash, with the rest of the team being offensive checks to certain Pokemon.

SET DESCRIPTION
------------------------------------------------

:ss/corsola-galar: :aegislash: :gengar: :dragapult: :chandelure: :mimikyu:

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

I first started the team with Galar Corsola, which is a mandatory physical wall to have because of it's accessibility to Eviolite, natural good bulk, and Will-o-Wisp and Strength Sap wearing down most physical attackers. It is also one of the few Ghost Pokemon to learn Stealth Rock, which is useful for damaging opponents overtime and reducing the amount of switch-ins. As Galar Corsola is extremely passive, Night Shade is used to whittle down Pokemon and potentially kill them, while using it's Strength Sap as reliable recovery and continuing to check most physical attackers. A trait that also makes Corsola annoying to face is Cursed Body, which prevents Pokemon from using specific moves and is especially annoying for choiced attackers.

:corsola-galar: :ss/aegislash: :gengar: :dragapult: :chandelure: :mimikyu:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

A balance core can't be completed without a decent special wall, that being Substitute + Toxic Aegislash. With this combination of a moveset, Aegislash is able to reliably check most special attackers by setting up Substitutes to tank hits and spam Toxic on non-immune Pokemon as another method to wear them down overtime. With King's Shield, Aegislash can rearrange back to it's shield form and use it to scout moves. It can even use King's Shield to lower the attack of physical attackers, making it a mixed wall at times. Like Corsola, Shadow Ball is used to whittle down Pokemon to kill them faster.

:corsola-galar: :aegislash: :ss/gengar: :dragapult: :chandelure: :mimikyu:

Gengar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

This is the star of the team and the Pokemon that I built around with. Choice Specs Gengar is a really strong and fast revenge killer for Ghost teams, as I mentioned prior. Shadow Ball is Gengar's most spammable move and can break past many threats, such as Hippowdon and opposing Ghost-types such as Aegislash. Sludge Wave is able to force out most Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefable and Togekiss along with Aegislash to form a dangerous threatening core. Sludge Wave is also Gengar's strongest STAB move, but I feel like it's only used to revenge kill at times. Focus Blast is good for hitting Dark-types such as Tyranitar and Incineroar, and can regularly do a chunk to Steel-types as well, such as Ferrothorn (an exception is Aegislash, of course.) It can additionally be useful for Normal-types and even some other Pokemon such as Duraludon, which is used to guarantee an OHKO. Thunderbolt is used to help deal with Water-type teams, which are very common in the current metagame. Thunderbolt is capable of dealing severe damage to the likes of Keldeo and Toxapex, which are also common on Water teams.

:corsola-galar: :aegislash: :gengar: :ss/dragapult: :chandelure: :mimikyu:

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

As Gengar already takes up the slot as a wallbreaker, I decided to make Dragapult Choice Scarf here, as it is one of the fastest revenge killers in the current metagame. Dragapult is able to outspeed the likes of Choice Scarf Dracovish, Duraludon, +2 Cloyster, etc. with ease. Shadow Ball and Draco Meteor are powerful STAB moves that makes Dragapult an efficient revenge killer. Fire Blast is very nice coverage for this team, as it helps deal with Steel types even better. U-Turn is great for switching out of tough situations and gaining momentum to its teammates. Since the team seemed weak to Sticky Web and had no hazard removal, I gave Dragapult Clear Body so it can benefit more on the team and become immune to its stats being lowered.

:corsola-galar: :aegislash: :gengar: :dragapult: :ss/chandelure: :mimikyu:

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Even with Focus Blast Gengar and Fire Blast Dragapult, I knew I needed a more effective and reliable check to most Steel-types. Chandelure is the go-to Pokemon to use, as it's powerful Fire STAB paired with Calm Mind makes it an effective revenge killer for most types Substitute is on the set to make sure it can set up and sweep better and even act as a potentional win-con for the team. It's ability, Flash Fire, can also act as a neat switch-in to Fire-type Pokemon, and can possibly set up in front of them.

:corsola-galar: :aegislash: :gengar: :dragapult: :chandelure: :ss/mimikyu:

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer

Finally, Mimikyu serves as the late-game cleaner and win-con on the team, being able to most likely set up a free Swords Dance thanks to its ability, Dsiguise. As Mimikyu relies on additional power to be considered a strong attacker, Life Orb is always mandatory on Mimikyu. Shadow Sneak can kill off weakened Pokemon, especially those that are faster than Mimikyu, such as Zeraora and Hawlucha. What makes Mimikyu stand out even more is its unique Ghost/Fairy typing, along with a good STAB move in Play Rough to deal with Dark types such as Bisharp, Mandibuzz and Tyranitar effectively. I decided to give up Shadow Claw on Mimikyu and instead gave it Wood Hammer so it can weaken other bulky Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Rhyperior.

That's pretty much it for the team. Overall, it stands out as a bit standard for Ghost teams, but still good as always and a nice way to punish most threats in the metagame, especially bulky ones. I will also give a shoutout to lyd for giving feedback on my artwork,, so thank you. Feel free to give your feedback and suggestions about the team as always, and thanks for reading.

Here are some extra things related to the team below:

IMPORTABLE
Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer

THOUGHT PROCESS
1. What is my opponent going to lead with?
2. Does my opponent have a win condition?
3. What strategy can I use to win this battle?

Here’s my rate. Team members are fine, I just have a few changes though.

View attachment 255046
Dragapult

I won’t prefer Choice Scarf Dragapult in this team. Since Galarian Corsola’s goal in your team is to spread status, I’d recommend a Hex set to take advantage of Galarian Corsola’s ability to spread status. This makes Dragapult an even more powerful special attacker in your team.

Dragapult @ Spell Tag
Ability: Infiltrator
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

View attachment 255051
Gengar

Now that your Dragapult no longer functions as a revenge killer, I’d recommend a Choice Scarf set on Gengar. With this set, you are able to outspeed and OHKO +2 Jolly Cloyster (by 1 point actually) with Focus Blast.Gengar also has many notable targets which include Tyranitar and Ferrothorn with Focus Blast. Gengar is also able to improve the Dark-type matchup thanks to its access to Dazzling Gleam.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

View attachment 255052
Aegislash

What this team lacks is a physical wallbreaker to help break through tough physical walls like Toxapex. That’s why I’d recommend changing the set to a Swords Dance + Weakness Policy set. With this set, Aegislash is able to break through very easily, and since Aegislash-Shield has high Defense and Special Defense, it is able to set up Swords Dance easily.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

View attachment 255053View attachment 255054View attachment 255055View attachment 255056View attachment 255057View attachment 255058
Hope I helped!
the team was perfectly fine and you lack knowledge and experience in competitive battling...that's why your RMTs are taking a while to be rated because of lack of information your writing. His team was fine and idt the raters had that much to say considering it generally looked like Decem's sample.
What this team lacks is a physical wallbreaker to help break through tough physical walls like Toxapex. That’s why I’d recommend changing the set to a Swords Dance + Weakness Policy set. With this set, Aegislash is able to break through very easily, and since Aegislash-Shield has high Defense and Special Defense, it is able to set up Swords Dance easily.
Mons can run a number of sets, and your aegislash suggestion does not beat Toxapex.
A Guide to Comp battling. as recommended numerous amounts of times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)