Nintendo 3DS Event - January 19th at 6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2 PM GMT

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I'm pretty sure Amazon has a cleaner list, but you can look here.
I don't want to preach to the choir but... the launch titles are even worse than I thought!

The ONLY game I'm interested in with that list is Super Street Fighter 4, but... considering it's not the AE I don't think I'm ever getting it now. I'd have to wait to hear some more stuff about it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
But OMG guys it has RIDGE RACER!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!

Just in case you didn't hear, the 3-D function of the 3DS should not be used by children age 7 and under because the no-glasses 3-D is thought to damage young people eyesight. Of course it's fine for them to use it with the 3-D turned off though

The good stuff (Netflix allowing you to watch anything, eShop that has classic games from Gameboy to Advance, some having 3-D effect, Super Mario 3D-3D, many other nice titles) is coming in May and June.

No words on Netflix making 3D movies just for 3DS.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Just in case you didn't hear, the 3-D function of the 3DS should not be used by children age 7 and under because the no-glasses 3-D is thought to damage young people eyesight. Of course it's fine for them to use it with the 3-D turned off though
Doctors say the 3DS is safe, potentially beneficial to children

No, I'm not saying the 3DS is the second coming of Jesus for potentially doing something good; just refuting the "3DS is harmful" shit.

Yamaha said:
The good stuff (Netflix allowing you to watch anything, eShop that has classic games from Gameboy to Advance, some having 3-D effect, Super Mario 3D-3D, many other nice titles) is coming in May and June.

No words on Netflix making 3D movies just for 3DS.
It's likely that the 3DS's eShop will end up with GameBoy Advance titles sooner or later, but that hasn't actually been announced yet (just Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear, and TurboGrafx-16 have been confirmed so far).

I'm preordering mine tomorrow.

Just hoping SSFIV 3D will hold me over until june lol ~_~
Yea, I know right? The launch releases are really small and not exactly what I'd expect from Nintendo. But I'm really glad I did pre-order today, because the guy at Gamestop said that they'd have to stop pre-orders soon. Expect this thing to be like the Wii in the holidays of '07.

Not yet, but there will be a 3rd version, and it will be in 3D just like Black and White to the best of my knowledge
Black and White aren't made for the 3DS. I suspect the 3rd installment would be though, but they'll have to make cross platform communication possible. I imagine that won't be too difficult but it's still a hurdle.

Power to them, but I don't expect this to be completely successful. I'll be surprised if Nintendo built this in such a way that there's no work around to boot a bricked 3DS. This brings up all kinds of legal questions though but I'm not gonna get into that (mainly because I don't have any problem with it).

EDIT: Also OoT 3D will come with Master Quest. I might be buying a first gen 3DS afterall ._.

Black and White aren't made for the 3DS. I suspect the 3rd installment would be though, but they'll have to make cross platform communication possible.
That sucks that they supposedly won't, but Nintendo is a bitch when it comes to making up their mind on things like that so it's hard to find factual information from them. But there's no way they would make a 3rd version 3DS-specific, that would only rob them of sales

That sucks that they supposedly won't, but Nintendo is a bitch when it comes to making up their mind on things like that so it's hard to find factual information from them. But there's no way they would make a 3rd version 3DS-specific, that would only rob them of sales
Not if the time lapse is as long as Platinum was, by the the 3DS will be widely and readily available.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If anything a third version that had some new features could probably push 3DS sales for those who were still hesitating to buy one.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Um, this might sound N00Bish, but what is Master Quest exactly?
Master Quest was a 64DD (Japan-only accessory for N64) add-on that changed all the dungeons in Ocarina of Time significantly and made them somewhat "harder". It was released on GameCube as a bonus for those who pre-ordered The Wind Waker in North America as well. AKA the best pre-order gift ever!

It doesn't really make me want it more as the last time I played OoT was on GCN as Master Quest so I'll probably go with the original version on 3DS again. Looking forward to June 7th.

Oh, and I now have a reason not to cancel my 3DS pre-order. The wireless network in the building I'm in seems to be WPA x.x Need to connect my Pokemans to the internet.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh, and I now have a reason not to cancel my 3DS pre-order. The wireless network in the building I'm in seems to be WPA x.x Need to connect my Pokemans to the internet.
Just saying that the DSi supports WPA but WiFi still doesn't work because the Pokemon games themselves don't support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)