ORAS NU no fun allowed (peaked #1)

Hi, haven't done an RMT in over a year so I thought I'd do one. Stall isn't exactly the best play-style in the NU meta-game due to a large amount of offensive threats but it's still usable. I threw together some underrated and random pokemon and a made team. I managed to peak #1 on the ladder so I thought I'd share the team.

Anyway lets go look into the team...

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hazard Setter. Stall often struggles with Jynx and there's no better answer than Metang : D Steel/Psychic offers a tonne of resistances and immunities and it's what I wanted for the team. Most psychic types boosters will struggle to break it. Meteor mash hit's decently powerful and earthquake acts as good coverage for steels/fires and any additional targets. Toxic will cripple anything annoying.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute / Roar

Fighting resist. Main answer for fighting types such as Primeape, Hariyama, and combusken. Watch out for random coverage moves though but altaria should be able to take em given it's quite bulky. I don't think there's any need for dragon pulse, flame thrower hits steels/grasses and w/e else again I went with toxic, roosts in mandatory recovery and last you have the option between substitute and roar. Personally I prefer sub with my experience because it can sub down on a load of weak attackers / protect it from status and works great with toxic. it's up to you.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover

A popular choice for more defensive teams. Wanted a electric block and something to take on most set up sweepers. You'll probably want curse in the last slot to overpower other set up sweepers/normal attackers like Malamar, Musharna and opposing Mega Audino but toxic works fine. 20 SpD evs mean Quagsire always avoids a OHKO from timid HP grass omastar. Quasires pretty passive so be careful when you use it. Not much else to say here. What a boring pokemon :l

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Can't complete a stall team without Audino. :heart: well you can but.... nvm. It's purposes is to check most special attackers and even sponge off a few physical ones. Audinite's there to Mega Evolve for the added bulk fairy typing. I went with knock off because it's really handy to get rid of leftovers from the likes of Steelix and Weezing and anything else. Wish protect is standard and plays no games, pass it off to team-mates if they get low on HP. Before Mega, Regenerator helps out a lot.

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Grass
- Defog

Nothing fitted better than this, it's job is to act as hazard removal. It's great that it's able to soak up toxic spikes too. I went with Black Sludge over anything else because I enjoy the passive recovery and people still seem to think your physical. EV spread is to outspeed max 70's, max output in special attack and the rest is for added special bulk. Sludge Bomb acts as a secondary stab and is useful for hitting Hariyama neutrally, busken and a few other targets while having higher base power for neutral targets and a nifty poison chance but HP grass lets me pressure grounds/rocks more.

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 152 HP / 132 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Something annoying :D when im not clicking toxic it's Will-O-Wisp. Fighting/Normal immunities and resistances to water/electric and w/e else close problems.It's certainly not going to outspeed a swellow, however Gourgeist adds some speed to the team outspeeding the likes of Primeape, Kangaskhan, Zangoose and Rotom etc. Leech seeds going to annoying anything that isn't a grass type, or Xatu. This is pretty much the standard set so foul play in the last slot so it't not complete taunt bait. Try to avoid knock off @_@

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Defog

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 152 HP / 132 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Threatlist >_>
Switching into Will-O-Wisp's can be annoying and Taunt blocking recovery. Knocking off it's recovery and scald burns the only way with dealing with it. Altaria can live a sludge bomb through sub too.
Special Shell smash water types are a huge pain. Audino/Metang can chew a boosted hit but I guess playing around them is not letting them set up.
Altaria can't switch in due to ice punch and Gourgeist dislikes losing a good amount of health. Quagsire avoids a 2HKO at least but it's not exactly the best answer out there.

there's probably a tonne of other stuff, ill probably edit in later.

Sir Kay - One of my first frens when I discovered smogon/ps. You've always stood by and I can speak to you about anything. You should play more mons though ;]
Disjunction - Hope you having a good time irl, do whatever is best for you. :]
HJAD - You've improved a whole lot as a battler (grand slam showed it) and you're a really nice guy
Teddeh - One of the best NU'ers out there *-* keep it up
iplaytennislol - adding random berry resists to mons is not innovation. only kidding, you're cool
boltsandbombers -
Soon™
soulgazer - nu verteran *-* gl with the rest of spl
Cased - you've been a lot of help through spl and last nupl, thanks
Bouff - was fun playing against you in SPL, grats on the excellent record
Can-Eh-Dian - down to earth and good at mons :o

Shaneghoul - another really good nu'er and fren :3 banner looks good too!
Silver Aurum -
weeb but your extremely helpful and a good friend. I can assure you that frillish, noctowl and Vibrava are good mons. use em :3c
Jarii goooo Jarii *-*

rozes - got to speak to you more from NUPL last year and you've grown a lot as a player. look where you are now. :3c
Raseri - probably one of the nicest users on the site and a great tier leader (venom)
Quite Quiet - you always know how to control the NU room :>, also swear I won't lose to your Delibird team again
Deej Dy - '-' free deej stall

Blast - do this just win?
Aurosis - Grats on ladybug! Nice to know we were on the same team for SPL and your no slacker when it comes to nu. :o

other cool people
Dundies Megazard MaroGod Christo. Blaziken. carcy Brick Small The Goomy Shadestep Punchshroom GyRro Pokedots nv Allstar TTFTW Montsegur scorpdestroyer Hootie Zebraiken Based Loser erisia Kiyo Shadowtags Stoned M&M NotNova -Davon Syncrasy Finchinator Winter's Howl I probably forgot someone sorry :x

I guess that's pretty much it. Thanks for reading, hopefully you'll "have fun" using the team. Feedback would be really cool.

fish anemometer

I ❤️HOLE
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending PU Circuit Champion
Hello rw, very cool stall team you have there. I have a couple of suggestions to hopefully help out.

There are 2 ways in which I see your team could change, the more slight one is substitute/roar-->heal bell on Altaria. Doing this you can free a moveslot on Audino, now in this free slot you can choose to run something like Encore or Toxic, Dazzling Gleam too but you'd have to change the nature to sassy.

A more drastic suggestion is altaria-->sliggoo. This gives you a win-con or a 2nd one if Quag is curse, basically Sliggoo is better at switching into Vivillion and other annoying mons, you'll be weaker to Yama and Ape so Gourgeist-s-->Gourgeist-XL with Colbur. You dont really need to outspeed stuff like Zangoose and Kanga since they the former is walled reliably with colbur and the latter doesn't do much to you. You're not too weak to busken since between quag and sliggoo you wall it's sets. I assume you know the Sliggoo and Coulburgeist sets so I dont have to do an importable.

Weezing is unfortunately a pain in the ass still :( Other than that gl in the future and once again fantastic team!:toast:

hi waters cool stall team you got here

have you thought about running haze in altaria's last slot? your team doesn't have a lot of weaknesses right now, but it looks like CM xatu w/ grass knot seems to be the biggest one b/c your main 2 answers to it get worn down pretty easily (skunk / it probably beats metang 1v1). altaria can also provide insurance against other fat bulky boosters in case you lose quag to a weird lure early game or smth (giga drain kabutops??!?!!?!?)

other than that this team is pretty rock solid and congrats on your peak bud!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)