No Rocks: Gen 4 OU With a Twist [Finals - Won by drcossack!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supe

would you suck the poison out

No Rocks: Gen 4 OU With a Twist

Approved by Alaka

The days of Generation 4 are coming to a close in the world of competitive Pokemon. I thought it would be fun to see what the metagame would be like without the most overused move in all of Gen 4.

Round 4: The Finals!

Rules

Matches will be 6v6 lvl 100 single battles

Single Elimination

Team changes are allowed between rounds

No gen 5 pokemon, moves, items, or abilities

No Hacks - Not even legit hacks.

No Ubers

*No Stealth Rocks* - That's right! Get creative and re-run your calcs because the move Stealth Rock is banned! All other entry hazards are allowed.

Sleep Clause - You may only put one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time. If your opponent uses Rest or if Effect Spore causes sleep, that does not count.

Species Clause - No 2+ of the same Pokemon per team. Example: 2 Charizards are on your team.

Hax Items Clause - The items Bright Powder, Focus Band, Quick Claw, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, and Razor Claw are banned.

Evasion Clause - The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.

OHKO Clause - The moves Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Fissure are banned.

Self KO Clause - You cannot use Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Destiny Bond if you are down to your last Pokemon.

Please follow all other rules in the Tournament Sticky

Matchup

Zari vs drcossack

*Congrats drcossack!!*

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost to drcossack in a gg with little hax. I wasn't prepared for one of his team members so :(. Anyways, I'm just glad I made it to the finals on my first wifi tourney lol.

Congratulations to both of you!

It's too bad Zari lost but you did great! :toast:

Congratulations for winning the tournament drcossack! :pimp:

P.S. Pokemon Black & White is OUT!!

Goodbye 4th Gen! It's been real! 5th Gen, here I come! lol

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Congrats drcossack! Would you mind posting the winning team? I'm really curious to see what your winning strategy was.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
I had Gyarados, Zapdos, Starmie, Tyranitar, Flygon, and Celebi. Zari had...Metagross, Scarf Heatran, Dugtrio, Gengar, Shaymin, and Starmie.

I led with Zapdos, switched Gyarados in against Heatran. Got a DD off on the switch, killed a few pokemon until a Sash Gengar came in. Flygon got most of the kills (on an already severely weakened team), lol.

I had Gyarados, Zapdos, Starmie, Tyranitar, Flygon, and Celebi. Zari had...Metagross, Scarf Heatran, Dugtrio, Gengar, Shaymin, and Starmie.

I led with Zapdos, switched Gyarados in against Heatran. Got a DD off on the switch, killed a few pokemon until a Sash Gengar came in. Flygon got most of the kills (on an already severely weakened team), lol.
Thanks for telling us both your team and Zari's team and again, congratulations for winning the tournament! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)