ORAS OU No Stall Allowed- A Bulky Offense Team

Since I hate long matches more than anything, I decided to build a team based on all stallbreakers and all wallbreakers. Without further ado, here's the team:

kyurem-black.gif

Black Kyurem:
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Outrage
Fusion Bolt
Iron Head
Dragon Claw

Banded Black Kyurem is a glorious wallbreaker. Absolutely nothing that isn't Steel or Fairy (sometimes even some Steels) can switch in to Banded Outrage from this thing. Fusion Bolt hits bulky Waters and Skarmory, and when combined with Teravolt, bypasses Sturdy. Iron Head has a chance to OKHO physically defensive Clefable and OKHOs other Fairies. Dragon Claw is a safer alternative to Outrage, but lacks the raw, HP bar-dropping power of Outrage. Overall, Banded Black Kyurem makes stall run for cover.

magnezone.gif

Magnezone:
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
IVs: 0 Atk
EVs: 144 HP/252 SpA/112 Spe
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Fire
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt

Know how I said Black Kyurem is walled by Steels and Fairies? This is my answer to those things. Specs Magnezone OKHOs bulky Mega Scizor and has a chance to OKHO standard Ferrothorn with HP Fire. Volt Switch allows me to gain momentum when necessary, which is useful against faster teams. Thunderbolt provides me with a secondary STAB option, and it OKHOs all Skarmory variants (when Sturdy is broken, of course). Flash Cannon takes care of annoying Fairies and provides me with a method of beating Lando-T and some other Pokes. To sum up Magnezone, it's Black Kyurem's partner in crime and a Steel type's worst nightmare.

starmie.gif

Starmie:
Item: Leftovers/Colbur Berry?
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP/8 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Recover
Rapid Spin
Scald
Psyshock

Starmie is here for a few purposes. It provides a blanket check to Ground types, Fighting types and Fire types, and provides Rapid Spin support for Black Kyurem. Hate Gengar? Use this thing. Hate Keldeo? Use this thing. Hate entry hazards? Use this thing. Leftovers gives Starmie extra recovery as backup with Recover. Scald has a nifty burn chance (probably 99%, let's be real), and Psyshock removes Gengar and Keldeo from the match (maybe Terrakion too, though Terrakion is rare nowadays. Rapid Spin is obvious, use it to remove Rocks (maybe a layer of Spikes or two (and Toxic Spikes)), and maybe pick up on a few Rapid Spin KOs. To be completely honest, I find Starmie a bit cute. Personal opinions aside, Starmie is a great utility Pokemon.

gliscor.gif

Gliscor:
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP/8 Def/200 SpD/56 Spe
Nature: Careful
Moves:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Knock Off
Roost

Gliscor provides a counter to the Fighting and Ground types my team hates so much. I'm using the SD Stallbreaker set because this team is revolved around beating defense, and boosted attacks hurt even the bulkiest of physical walls. It's quite a great wall itself, as it provides a counter to Gengar that lack Icy Wind and Terrakion that lack HP Ice (though that's ridiculously rare). It also provides a counter to Lando-T as well, which is a great benefit to bulky offense. Gliscor is the stallbreaker of choice for this team, and walls a lot of things that threaten this team.

tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar:
Item: Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP/80 Def/180 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Pursuit
Ice Beam

Tyranitar has one niche in this team of being the only reliable Stealth Rock setter (that fits on this team, of course). Stone Edge and Pursuit bring the best support possible. It's a nice Talonflame switch-in, and supports the team by removing the Latis and Gengar (if it chooses to Focus Blast, which Tyranitar can live thanks to sand and Chople Berry). Ice Beam gives me Ice coverage, and a secondary method of beating Gliscor and Lando-T. Basically a check to birdspam, Psychics, and Ghosts. Probably will replace this if necessary.

gardevoir-mega.gif

Mega Gardevoir:
Item: Gardevoirite (duh)
Ability: Trace (gets Pixilate on Mega)
EVs: 16 HP/8 Def/232 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Will-O-Wisp

Meet the Fairy of the Dragon/Steel/Fairy core this team has, Mega Gardevoir. One word comes to mind when thinking about Mega Gardevoir: power. Pixilate Hyper Voice is ridiculously strong, Psyshock treats the blobs like punching bags, and Focus Blast hits Steels not named Doublade. Will-O-Wisp burns the physical attackers that try to take advantage of Mega Gardevoir (it catches Jirachi on the switch-in). The Fairy of this team gives meaning to the word power.

Threatlist:

Mega Diancie: Gliscor might not counter, only reliable check is Starmie.
Ferrothorn: Not too big, but a serious problem if Magnezone goes down early game.
Hyper Offense: Hyper Offense runs all over Bulky Offense like this.

I hope this board can improve this team. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)