Noobiess' region

Hi,​

I actually wasn't supossed to put this here
, but since I really could need some help I decided to do it anyway.​

All the pokémon are desined and sprites by me,
and I owuld appreciate it that if you want to use the sprite,
you ask it first.​

I hope I'll be able to make so much of them that
I'll be able to make it into my own region.
But that probably will take a while since I want to go to
an oldschool amount of pokémon (151).
Maybe afterward I might make an own server on shoddy battle
with this pokémon
and if I'm able to find a good romhacker
I'll also make my own romhack...
But that are just dream for now :p​

I also actually want one design from somebody else,
So if you want to go wild and try it
you can always Pm a design to me​

Anyway here they are:
Comments and the designs and spritework is welcome:​

The grass starter pokémon:
based on a peacock

The fire starter pokemon and his evo's:
based on a stegosaurus and the devil

Some water pokemon:
based on a snail and hermic crabs
(The hermic crabs have gender + area diffrences: left is male and regular water, right is female and salt water)

Some normal pokemon:
Based on signs of balance: first the western sign, second the egiptian sign, third the chinese and greek sign

Some normal pokemon:
Based on a red raccoon and the second one on a chinese mythology

A water/fire pokémon:
Based on alot of chinese mythology

Luvdisc's evolutions:
The heartbroken (based on a moorisch idol (a fish) and a broken heart) + loved (based on a harp and cupid arrow and bow)

A water pokemon:
Based on a H2O mollecule

A alternative evolution of skorupi:
Based on a scorpionfly
(hte wings aren't finished yet)

An evolution of chimecho:
Based on a bell

Psychic pokemon:
Based on dreamcatchers

Ground pokémon:
Based on a stalagmit and a stalagtit

An evolution of Banette:
Based on a voodoo doll
(but personaly I'm not hsure if this idea is strong enough to be in my region)

An evolution of octillery:
Based on a vampire squid

bug pokémon:
Based on Sphingidae (Hawk moths, 2 kind of subspecies) and their aerodynamic structure of their body, a litle bit of a rocket, and shoes (the male on a sandal-like shoe, the femal on high heels)
Left is male, right is female
(a prevo to come)

A bug pokémon:
based on a Opiliones (something that looks on a spider but with a smaller head an long legs) and a puppeteer

a fire/flying pokemon:
Based on the sun, a bird (rooster and Victoria Crowned Pigeon) and a sundial

a psychic/poison pokemon:
Based on the general strucutre of a Tunicate.
(quit unshure that I should use psychic/poison for this one)

a grass pokémon:
based on 2 diffrent kind of 'walking sticks' a saw and a chain saw
(might wanna make this partly steel)
(I will give the precise name of the species later)

a ghost pokémon + evo:
based on a chess piece (a pawn and queen) and some kind of armory

An evolution of jynx:
based on a middle-age dress and a bride

An evolution of kecleon:
based on a chameleon and my birthday :p

a bug/water + evo(bug/flying):
based on a larva of a musquito and a chironomidae (litteraly translated as danse musquito in my language)

a bug-fire evolution line:
based on a phases a firebug (wow didn't know it was that name in english :p)

a grass pokémon:
Based on a special kind of flower (forgot wich one :p)
(+bigger version)
a flying pokémon:
based on a mandarin duck

a bug pokemon and evolutions:
based on the larva of a longhorn beetle and the diffrent species of it

an evolution of shedinja (ghost-type):
based on a crazy ghost and a psychological theory

a water-steel pokémon:
based on some kind of ancient fish (forogot the name)

a dragon/bug pokémon:
based on the larva of a backswimmer

a steel/rock pokemon:
based on soem kind of ancient snales (will thell the name later)

Water Molecule pokemon's design is ace; it should be a real pokemon. The Luvdisc evolutions are also badass. Stalagmite mon is adorable. But the black outline doesn't look too good on alternate Skorupi and the bug you're working on.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
These are very creative and dynamic! I really enjoy the Psychic-type Pokémon, please keep creating more unique sprites, and I'm sure you would excel at other types of artwork as well.

Water Molecule pokemon's design is ace; it should be a real pokemon. The Luvdisc evolutions are also badass. Stalagmite mon is adorable. But the black outline doesn't look too good on alternate Skorupi and the bug you're working on.
Yeah, the alternative evolution really looked awesome when I drew it, but when I made the sprite it just looked bad, maybe I just will redo it...
And the musquito isn't finished yet, the lineart is still untouched, but I find is useless if I make it when I don'tknow the colors yet

and thanx for the comments in general :) I really appreciate it :)

I came up with the same idea for a Grass starter a while ago, but it was quite different.
Well.. a peacock isn't such an original design that I'm the only one using it. I actually saw another starter based on a peacock, and it looked amazing. Maybe its yours :p

Alot of the designs are really cool! I love the balancemon. But it seems to me like the sprites are a tad over-shaded. Pokemon sprites are usually pretty bold when it comes to that, sporting an almost cartoony look. Brighter colours could be used as well :)

Ok, time for un update:
Here are some bu pokemon:

More info in the first pose.
I'm not really shure of the colors of the male one, I really liek the brownish tints I gave them, but the mal his wings look a little bit too yellow to me, but it's quit hard far me to find something better (since I'm colorblind X(, stupid genes)
So might update them.

Other then that I really owuld liek some comments about the colors of the musquito

Oh and here is one I'm planning to make soon. The rough colors and outlining are already there, but it still needs alot of work as you can see.
I looks much better on paper though :(

female version is great, mael version looks messy.

I love the outline for that muskeeto, and I feel as if, maybe a more dark approach was taken in colors, it might look really good.

Hi, here is a next one:
This was probably the hardest fakemon I've done until now.
The outlining looks quit easy but it'sreally hard to make straightlooking lines with not so much pixles.
Also the eyes are really messy, but I really wanted a coss in the eyes. And the colors wheren't so easy either, really tried 20 colors on the pokémon's head and nothin really felt completely right.
anyway here it is:

Maybe I just sohuld make the head bigger...

Als going to wait with the color of the musqeeto until I've made the prevolution, because i want similar colors

I don't really understand what it is exactly, but it looks quite nice. My only problem is that the back leg is misplaced; the front leg is in the middle of the front, but the back leg looks like it's on the right of the top of the cross.

Hi,
Here is a new one:

I might change the colors a bit, so it doesn't look so torchic-ish? Also might put something on the top of the head...
The evolution of it is comming

also some lineart:

I wanted a simplistic looking bug,
I might make it the prevo of heracross, because hwile making it, I reallised it look a little bit like it.

All of these are sick. I especially love the fire starter and evos and the dreamcather Pokemon. Can't wait to see more of your work.

hi,
thanx for te comments

Here is the evo of the sunbird:

still based on the sun, and a roosterish bird
The last evo isn't 'designed' yet but I know that already what I'm going to based it on.

to quimicvital;
This isn't a request treath actually, but when I find some spare time, I'll make your pokemon.
But that probably will be around midseptember, since I'm going on vacation for a while in a week

hi,
the last few weeks have been totaly crazy, so I didn't have time at all to make some new sprites. I also wanted to wait untill all black/white pokémon where revealed. I also just got windows 7 and I'm quit struggling with the new Paint.

I'm really happy not alot of my ideas where used on black and white because I didn't really wanted to have something based on the same thing as another pokémon. The only pokémon that are based on the same idea as one of mine are, the 3 monkeys, the toad and the hermit crab. The 2 first ideas are already designed but the sprites aren't there yet. But I think I'm going to make them anyway. It isn't really clear that the 3 monkeys of black/white are based on the 3 whise monkeys (see,speak and hear no evil) so I don't think somebody is going to be bothered when they see my design. Also my design of the toad is totaly diffrent then the toad of black and white.

Anyway, you can expect a few sprites from me this weekend,
Hopefully you'll like them :p

ps: I'll update this post when the first sprite is finished

ps2: and here it is :)
...... or not X(
I can't get it uploaded proprly X( Stupid windows 7. Does somebody know how it works?

thanx

I think I know how it works now,It's really difficult but I did it I think:

It looks good too me, hopefully the colors aren't slightly changed
For more info check the first post

I'll edit this one if other ones are finished...

Comments about the new pokémon are always welcome.
Something I odn't really like of this new ones is that they maybe are a little too simple, maybe I shoudl add a small pattern or something

edit:
here is the next one:

It doesn't really feel finished to me,
maybe the colors should be diffrent or something
http://www.iaza.com/work/101004C/scratch_chass3906341483-iaza.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)