Noobtube=Rain Dance(UU)

First Look
First things first. I don't want to waste your time, so here's my team.

Now, if I caught your eye with something, then keep reading. If not, then I'm sorry I wasted your time.

TEAM BUILDING

One day, I got sick of OU. So, I went to UU. I built a team in UU. All was going ok for a couple games until I came across a rain team. I planned it all out, but it didn't matter. The damn Kabutops was incredibly strong. Alright no problem. I'll just make a new team. The first game I fight, another rain team. Hah, bitch. I came prepared. Go Rotom. *Rotom dies*. Grr. NEW TEAM! The first game, ANOTHER rain team. Go Venusaur! *FAIL* Go Milotic! *FAIL* Go....Houndoom...F***.

The process repeated for the rest of the day, no joke. Until:
me:I've had enough of rain teams.
me:This is like the 10th one in a row.
foe:lol
me:How the heck do you lose?
foe:I don't.

That's when I realized. I can't beat them. They are like f*cken noob tubes. And, the only way to beat a noob tube, is with another noob tube.

So I created this team out of the blue(no pun).

Team 1:

Butterfree was the most unexpecting lead. People know a Sleep Powder is coming, the smart ones know it has 97.5 accuracy thanks to CompoundEyes, but no one expects the Rain Dance. Nonetheless, this team had 4 ground weaknesses, and the ones that didn't resist it, weren't quite strong enough to take on the likes of Rhyperior. So, after a few changes here and there(although it wasn't all at once like it is here), I ended up with this.

Team 2:

Admittedly, I missed the power of Omastar, but it had to go after I got outsped by a scarfer(i seriously don't remember, but it wasn't that fast). So, I had the three fastest Swift Swimmers, a lead that got the job done, but usually died. Now, I faced a new weakness. That piece of shit Hitmonlee. Qwilfish could come in, but a Mach Punch would kill it afterwards. The next edit didn't really fix it, but it worked to an extent.

Team 3:

Milotic was beginning to piss me off. So I added Venusaur. Clefable, while still having that damn fighting weakness, had Wish and Heal Bell. It was pretty bulky, but now I was low on Rain Dancers(that could live), so I had to make Ludicolo a Rain Dancer, which made it even weaker(if that was even possible.) So, I eventually caved in and went back to my old friend, however slow he may have been.

Team 4:

Also, Hitmonlee's were really starting to become a problem, so I changed Clefable to Uxie. By the time I was on this version of the team, I got up to 1420 CRE. I was quite proud of myself. Just a few days ago, I was a 1180 CRE noob. Now, I was actually a somebody. With that rapid shot up of my CRE, I thought I could get to the leaderboard. But, I stayed pretty still at 1420(I won a lot of games, but when I got this high, every loss was a -10 while every win was a +2). I looked on the forums for tips, information, other teams, warstories, etc. I found a couple of guys who ran a team very similar to mine. I didn't want to change my Fossil/Poison Sweeping crew, so there was only one pokemon that stood out among the rest.

Final Team:

Yes, I chose the other pixie in UU. It had decent bulk, with the right EVs, and a little something special. It had healing wish, which gave my death fodder Omastar another go at killing the rest of their team. It also gave me another ground immunity and fighting resistance. Lastly, Mesprit, while not being the best choice, could hurt Venusaur with a STAB SE Zen Headbutt(still calculating if Psychic is more powerful if I'm Bold vs. Venusaur). I went up slowly to a 1440 CRE, and that's where I am now.

Second Look

One last time, here's an overview.

In-Depth

Uxie@Damp Rock
Nature: Impish
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Rain Dance
-U-turn
-Heal Bell
-Yawn

Very bulky, to say the least. The first turn is usually a Yawn to buy me that free turn for Rain Dance. But I've seen some wierd leads lately and have gone with the Rain Dance on the first turn just to be safe. It usually comes in later on to cause a switch with Yawn and use Heal Bell. Without Leftovers, Uxie really does seem less bulky, but what choice do I have. I know the moveset is wierd for a lead, especially without Stealth Rock, but Mesprit can learn Stealth Rock, and it can't learn Heal Bell. It was a tough choice, but it has proven to be a better one. Status is so popular in UU, Heal Bell is almost a must. Maybe Relaxed would be better to make sure U-turn goes last, but that's all I could think of. Pretty basic stuff here.

Mesprit@Damp Rock
Nature: Impish
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Rain Dance
-Healing Wish

To put it shortly, it's my second Uxie. Whatever I couldn't fit on Uxie's set was basically put here. It has the perfect typing with the rest of the team, and it has Healing Wish in place of U-Turn. With Uxie as my lead, it will go down soon. When it does, all my other pokemon will be left for status and eventually used as death fodder. Healing Wish gives one of these pokemon a second chance. On a Rain Dance team, that is very lethal, supposing one pokemon could take out a whole unsupported team.

Kabutops@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Aqua Jet

At first, I was using a Choice Band Kabutops, but being locked in the rain wasn't very fun, especially when things like Lapras switched in. Also, this gives me free access to Aqua Jet. Life Orb damage really hurts at times, and although I can hesitantly rely on Mesprit's Healing Wish, it gives Kabutops a weakness to stall. But, 2.6 is much stronger than 1.5 and I think it's worth it. Little to nothing can stop Kabutops after a Swords Dance on it's own.

Omastar@Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Grass
-Rain Dance

When both of the Rain Dancers are down, which I've never seriously run into, Omastar is my backup Rain Dancer. But he's so much more than that. I really feel bad now for taking Omastar off of my first team because he got outsped by a Scarfer. It was really my fault for not predicting correctly. Jesus, I sound like a soap opera. Anyways, Omastar is my first go to sweeper, unless I sense a Grass, Ground, or Electric move coming. He can take hits thanks to his high defense and hit back hard as hell, even out of the rain. In the rain, I still haven't run into anything, bar Chansey, that can stop this thing. Hidden Power Grass is an easy 2hko on Milotic(possibly OHKO if it comes in on Surf, but don't quote me on that). Rain Dance could be substituted out for Earth Power, but what does that really hit? Registeel? Non-resisted Surf in the Rain hits harder than Super-Effective Earth Power.

Qwilfish@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Explosion

Qwilfish usually comes in as a precursor to Kabutops. Water/Poison hits everything I've run into for at least normal damage. Leftovers may seem odd, but Qwilfish can actually take a hit from most things. This let's him get possibly another Swords Dance in, or just let's him take out that foe. Venusuars tend to fall to a couple Poison Jabs, if I am at full health. Then, I wait for their next Rain Dance counter and explode to open holes for Kabutops to sweep. Probably the biggest hole in my team, but it does its job nicely and sometimes manages to pull off sweeps on its own.

Venusaur@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 88 HP / 204 SpA / 216 Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

In the rain, Venusaur can actually manage to take a Fire attack. Leaf Storm finally gets rid of those bulky waters and Sleep Powder cripples another one of their pokemon leaving it mainly for death. When one pokemon is asleep, that could give one of my sweepers the one turn it needs to set up Swords Dance in the rain and start sweeping. Sludge Bomb does a decent job of taking out opposing Grass types, who are otherwise a bitch for this team. Leech Seed is mostly filler, but can be useful against pieces of shit like Registeel or Chansey. For the most part, I use him as a bulky sweeper, so the EVs aren't properly distributed, and the Life Orb recoil tends to be its biggest downfall because I spam Sludge Bomb. His set doesn't fit his role, so he does need to be changed, but his Speed has proven to be useful against the likes of Hitmonlee and most notably Milotic. If the EVs are changed, he still must outspeed Bold Milotic, Adamant Feraligatr, and, if at all possible, Adamant Hitmonlee. Hitting these threats with a Sleep Powder helps the team tremedously, and if I don't use Sleep Powder, I can just Leaf Storm the Water types to the next world.

================================================

Threats

My biggest weakness is Venusaur. If hit comes in before the Rain is up, I'm pretty screwed. I'll have to put Mesprit to sleep and then bring in my own Venusaur. Alternatively, I could always explode with Qwilfish. But in general, Grass types are troublesome. Venusaur and sometimes Mesprite or Uxie are my best bets against them. Qwilfish could hold his own against the weaker Grass types, but if Poison Jab doesn't OHKO, he's usually through too.

Just know that this is only a weakness if the Rain is not up. Once the rain is up, I feel pretty invincible. Hitmontop and Hitmonlee aren't even close to a threat thanks to Mesprit, Venusaur, and Qwilfish.

Closing Statements

Lastly, I'd like to thank you all for reading. Please leave any comments, concerns or ideas you have. THANKS!!!

-Hey man, I think I just battled you earlier today. (does a Specs Slowbro 2HKOing your Venusaur with Surf ring a bell?)

*Just a small suggestion, try an EV spread of 128 HP, 164 Sp.Att, 216 Spe on Venusaur. This would allow you to outspeed Adament Hitmonlee while also 0HKO Sceptile and Bulky Milotic with Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm respectivly (the latter with SR support). The HP gives you more bulk to take hits better. You can also run Leftovers as an item if you want to. Do be warned that you'll need SR to 0HKO Sceptile, and you'll miss a 0HKO on bulky Milotic.

*I also suggest Life Orb on Quilfish. You'll want to cause as much destruction as possible. If you don't think you'll need the extra power, you could try Lum Berry to allow it absorb Wow or T-wave. Allowing it a chance at another boost/attack.

*Finally, I suggest trying out Memento over Heal Bell on Uxie. Rain Dance teams tend to be more offensive and suicidal. So I don't see Heal Bell finding much use. When Uxie is low on health, it can use Memento to lower your foe's Att+Sp.Att at the cost of Uxie's life. Allowing easy switching to Kabutops or Quilfish and gain a free SD as they switch or inflict little damage.

-Outside of that, nothing stands out as a problem to me. Nice team, and good luck.:toast:

-Edit: Sorry for that miss. That sort of costed ya.

oh ya, when Sleep Powder missed. How can I forget? :( I'll try out your suggestions and see which ones work best. The extra bulk on Venusaur will help in the long run, but it needs to be able to OHKO Milotic, assuming there are no stealth rocks. But now I know that 216 is the magic Speed number.

I'll try out Life Orb, and Lum Berry is pointless since I have heal bell.

Memento is interesting. It seems like a good idea, but Life Orb damage will kill me, so I'll have to keep the Leftovers on Qwilfish if this is the case.

Thanks for rating!

EDIT: forget about the miss, i've been through 100x more hax than that.

Hey, I would really consider going back to Ludicolo with Swift Swim and Rain Dance over the Venusaur.

Also, I have a currently undefeated Rain Dance mono-type team. My lead is the most unusual lead. I use the Swift Swim Sweeper set as the lead with Focus Sash. Always gets rain started and then you can hit hard and do some damage, hopefully a knock out. I usually can get a knock out with Waterfall.

I hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)