ORAS UU np: Kaya N'gan Daya - now entirely rebuilt!

My name is malinowski and welcome to my 2nd (serious) RMT !

This team was build in the previous meta, before all those new drops and suspects occured, so it have some flaws that I hope you guys can help me mitigate n_n

I actually rebuilt the entire team lol. I spent some weeks trying to build teams, week over week, and while I got some good results, I wasn't still very satisfied. So after playing my fren Horsehead-3 and seeing he using my old mind plate Espeon, I decided to unbury the team and rebuild it entire.

It's clearly inspired by Aerolyn, which frankly molded UU balance a few months ago and still is a very effective all around build.

I'm not going thru the entire teambuild process because it changed a lot over the time, but basically, I started from Mega Aero, Florges and Forretress core, then I added Suicune to help me with physical attackers and Mamoswine to help me wallbreak. The last slot is really interchangeable: I tried several different mons in this slot, and decided to keep Espeon - it's SpA and Spe stat called my attention, and so I came with a set that really satisfied me.

After playing this meta quite a bit, I decided to bring Swampert to my team over Mamoswine and Suicune as both Ground/Water type of the team offering a good role compression. Swampert was fine, but I was having problems with Florges, both CM and cleric sets - imo this meta isn't very kind for this flower, with threats like Crawdaunt and Gyarados around + other offensive and defensive water types. Since I lost my wallbreaker in Mamoswine, I decided to bring Toxicroak for this team. Water Absorb is a fantastic ability, that Croak can use to setup against most waters. I still need some sort of backup in resistances and perhaps some revenge killing. I found Hydreigon an excellent choice. Once again, I tried several other options over Espeon, but for now I'm keeping it in.

YET! Swampert + Toxicroak doesn't look enough. I was lacking a special sponge, that could take some hits and maybe hit harder or at least help me creep opposition. I decided do try Seismitoad and Snorlax. Seismitoad keeps rocks, fire resist, water absorb and scald, while packing some utility on Knock Off. Snorlax is a great special wall, that can hit hard and fish for a para on Body Slam. Both having being great for me, currently the MVPs of this team.

Without further ado, I present you, Kaya N'gan Daya. Changes are marked in red.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Crunch/Aqua Tail
- Pursuit Hone Claws

Mega Aerodactyl was the best mega evolution a few months ago, and even after the new drops it still remains a top threat. Mega Aero speed and typing are really useful, threating offense pretty badly and checking a lot of stuff with its dual STAB + coverage. For a long time I used Hone Claws over Pursuit, but nowadays it's hard to find opportunities to setup, so I decided to go Pursuit > HC since this team struggled against the likes of Chandelure and some other stuff that could be pursuit trapped.

Currently, I'm using a set of Stone Edge/Aerial Ace/Crunch/Hone Claws, with a Jolly nature. Jolly is kind needed nowadays bc we better have as much Gyarados answers as possible, rite? Crunch is a good move that gets Tough Claws boost and hit for SE damage bulky psychic types that unfortunatelly this team has problems. It OHKO/2HKO most of psychics in UU without a boost, bar probably Cresselia that is a bitch ;d EQ is a good filler or Crunch if I'm having too much problems with Poison/Steel types, but my current build deals with most of them fine. Lately, Aqua Tail looks promissor. M-Aero movepool is fuckin versatile and Aqua Tail getting the Tough Claws boost helps a lot against all those ground types. I've been trying those moves a lot.

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Forretress offer that role compression we all looked for, with hazard control, checkin physical threats and getting chip damage with Rocky Helmet for a late game setuping Spikes. On this team' first versions, I had Spikes > SR and SR on Mamoswine or another ground type, but I noticed I couldn't keep hazards as much as I wanted, so I decided to only use Stealth Rock, which proved to be enough hazard in most matches. Hazards forces defoggers/spinners out, so Volt Switch is a must for creating momentum, allowing Mega Aerodactyl or another mon a free switch in against my opp. Volt Switch also allows Forry to be a pain for a Gyarados setup, especially with Maero on the back. Gyro Ball is for DD Mence and similar threats, Rapid Spin for my own hazard control. Sturdy > Overcoat so Forry can survive at full HP some hits and, perhaps, take some hazards off or setup its own, idk, Roserade isn't a thing nowadays and I always have Bounce Espeon on the back.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off​

Seismitoad offers a nice pack of resistances, water and electric immunity, a fire switching, a SR setter, Knock Off, while Forretress can tank some grass moves aimed to it and scout moves with smart play. I'm still researching Seismitoad, but frankly it seems a great mon for this meta, kind of annoying to switch in bc of Scald + Knock Off frankly, and can consistently keeps rocks up over a match. Water Absorb is helpful if I wanna create mind games against opposing Crawdaunts, willing to Knock Off over Aqua Jet in front of, let's say, Mega Aerodactyl, since Hydreigon resists Aqua Jet and Seismitoad actually heals itself. But Seismitoad is not a Daunt answer by any means: hopefully you take 20% from LO recoil + 50% from EQ, making it able to be revenge killed by Hydreigon.

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest​

Snorlax was the last member to get on this team. After several versions of this team, I realized I was in need of something bulkier enough to tank some special hits well, pokemons that my other team members couldn't deal in their typing synergy that well, especially the Nidos. Snorlax shows up as the answer I was looking for. I decided to go with EQ coverage with Chesto Berry over Sleep Talk, so I don't straight up lose precious turns sleeping. Snorlax is bulky enough to tank 1 or 2 hits from a plethora of the meta, so it is usually able to setup at least one Curse and cause damage with EQ coverage. I opted EQ over Crunch to catch those Cobalion switchins.

Espeon @ Mind Plate Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot/Shadow Ball
- Psychic

My team last member. I decided to go with Espeon mainly as my secondary hazard control. Actually, I don't count on Magic Bounce to keep hazards off, but its mere presence is enough to keep my opp from mindless clicking Stealth Rock. At first I was using an Specs set, which proved to be very good tbf, but I had some problems when trying to predict switches, so I came with this set. Psychic/Psyshock allows Espeon to break past some walls, like Blissey, Florges, Milotic, etc, hitting them on their weak side when they don't expect it. Frankly, I wish Mind Plate was still good, but with Sableye around we can't have that luxury. Psychic is chosen STAB over Psyshock because Specs Psychic OHKOes Cobalion 100% of the time, BUT Psyshock is an option as well. Dgleam is a good option aswell Dazzling Gleam is a necessity nowadays. Sableye cteam this team hard, but Espeon helps Sableye think twice before clicking Will-O-Wisp/Taunt. If it gets in, Specs Dgleam does 82-96%, making at least revenge killing more easier lol. Grass Knot is an uncommon coverage for Espeon that hits ground types like Krookodile, Mamoswine, and especially opposing Swamperts, but Shadow Ball helps against opposing psychic types if I start having troubles, altho Trick is there to help my matchup against stall and to creep walls like Cresselia. I also found that Espeon threatens teams built around Nidos quite a bit, and since I have problems with Nidos on 9 out of 10 teams I make, I believe I will stick with it for a while. Overall, I focus on the unexpected aspect of this set to suceed, but even after my opp gets its not a choice set, it's still hard to switch on it. To be honest, there are times I miss using Mind Plate, being able to switch moves, faking a choice set and still KOing things like Crawdaunt, Krookodile and opposing Hydreigons, but Sableye is a threat and Dazzling Gleam is no Moonblast sadly :|

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn​

Choice Scarf is not the optimal Hydreigon set, but it fits fine for this meta imo. With Choice Scarf users in decline, Hydreigon can run a Modest nature that actually helps him catching some crucial KOes while still outspeeding the entire unboosted meta and mons like +1 Gyarados(!). U-turn works incredibly well for Hydreigon, since every team has a sponge like Florges, Snorlax, Umbreon, etc, all of them being taken care by my other mons with a nice and predicted switch in. Shoutouts to NV who suggested this set on ORAS UU Type Cores. Amazing set.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
The CM Florges hype was high, but once I got Suicune on this team, I decided to drop CM/Synthesis for the well-know support Florges with WishTect shenanigans. As my only special wall, this Florges has some added special bulk to better take on the likes of Mega Blastoise, which otherwise could threaten my team very hard, but it still have enough bulk to take on physical fighting and dark type mons. Florges passes wishes and Aromatherapy helps with status, which is really helpful since I'm using CM Roar Cune, and I don't want to keep Suicune asleepin on crucial turns.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Rest
Suicune. No secrets here too. Scald for scald burns, Calm Mind to work as my lategame wincon, Roar to prevent opposing setup sweepers, and Rest to keep it healthy. I never really used Suicune on my teams bc I never made it to work, but it's doing real fine on this team, thankfully.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off/Superpower
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
Mamoswine: the Balance Breaker. Mamoswine didn't have a real switch in for balance teams (or any team besides stall if that matter) before drops, and I guess it's even more difficult after the drops. I choose 4 Atks LO for it's wallbreaking power and lack of switch ins, crippling walls early game and threatning a late game clean with its STABs + priority. The choice between Knock Off and Superpower is personal, the former being very spammable with the later being able to catch those pesky shuca users. EQ is a really spamable move, and Ice type mons are really strong in the UU meta. Mamoswine captalize on both for its success.

-----

Overall, this team is pretty good. On it first version, I won some room tours with it, and I ladder with it for ULT, which got me to #4 on the 3rd week. On this version, I haven't played more than some ladder and room games, and some friendly matches. I won some room tours, lose some games, and I see room for improvement, so I still hope you guys could help me a bit more :) I will, once again, add a threatlist later, but for now that's it.

About Espeon, frankly I will just wait for Zam to come back so I switch them and finally makes use of the best psychic type to grace UU.

Thanks a lot :)

-----

Threatlist:

Mega Blastoise is fuckin' hard to bring down if it gets in safely and it will eventually takes at least one kill per match unless my opp plays really bad. Espeon is like my best offensive answer to it, and yet it can't OHKO the mf turtle, so my strategy is to take as much damage as possible, so Espeon or perhaps Hydreigon/Maero can take it down.

Special dragons are annoying. Since I don't have a fairy type, they lose nothing when clicking for their Dragon STABs, and could even go for their coverage instead. Once again, I have to play pretty offensively, keeping hazards up and forcing them switches. Most of my team outspeed those and can force them out somehow, so I just have to be careful.

Sableye is very annoying overall. Priority Will-O-Wisp can fuck with M-Aero, Hydreigon (it's not 2HKO by Modest Dark Pulse) and Snorlax. Taunt stops Seismitoad and Forretress also very hard. To beat this thing, I need to keep Espeon as alive as possible. It's my most efficient answer to it and the one that will often makes this thing go for Knock Off when it should have willo.

For now that's it :)

----

Replays
some replays taken from room tours

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323740709
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323738587
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323709238 - against aquadext
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323680803 - good ladder game

i cant seem to find replays with this team but here is one against iplaytennislol for auth vs non auth tour

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-300041992]

got this one against King UU too

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-315177297

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Hone Claws

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Happiness: 0
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
Really great team man. As a player and especially a hardcore balance user i really like the team. If anything, only problems i can spot is a minor reuni weakness(how do u beat last mon healthy reuni?) and a total innability to switch into specs pz (florges is 2hko-ed). I would suggest maybe turning aero into hc withcrunch, or even giving espeon trick and a choice item.About the pz issue just invest a bit more spdef on the flower and you will be ok. Other than that really solid; totally like it...Nice job :]

Really great team man. As a player and especially a hardcore balance user i really like the team. If anything, only problems i can spot is a minor reuni weakness(how do u beat last mon healthy reuni?) and a total innability to switch into specs pz (florges is 2hko-ed). I would suggest maybe turning aero into hc withcrunch, or even giving espeon trick and a choice item.About the pz issue just invest a bit more spdef on the flower and you will be ok. Other than that really solid; totally like it...Nice job :]
Oh yeah I have no way to deal with last man reuni tbf. Cune can come on Reuni and roar it out, maybe even setup one CM to pressure a bit whatever comes after the roar, but a +2 or even a +1 Psyshock will hurt a bit. If my opp keeps Reuni healthy thru the game (unlikely since it's hard to play a 5vs6 mons game) and it comes to a last mon scenario, it's a gg kek

I'll add it to my threatlist later :)

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Florges's EVs should be 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD with a Calm nature.

Consider putting more Speed into Suicune's Roar so that you don't lose against other Suicunes. 36 should be the most, unless you're feeling particularly daring. While you're at it, remove Suicune's Attack IVs n_n

Cool team, bud. Worked well against me.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
this is a really solid team :) and you're an amazing player.

I noticed that playing against you, GYarados can 6-0 you if Suicune gets worn down. And ofc Suicune can get pressured easily from tanking likes of Mamoswine, maybe SD Cobalion. When I played against you I took down Cune with Crawdaunt and opened up a hole. I think maybe you should run Freeze Dry on Mamo or HP electric on Espeon?

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi.

• There are lots of mons that could use suicune's sleepy turns to give you a hard time such as Feral and Gyara so replacing Calm Mind with Sleep Talk might be worth your while. Also opposing Roar Cunes look like a huge nuisance so outspeeding them is definitely gonna be a big deal. Try a spread of 240 hp / 216 def / 52 spe. It hits a jump point in defence and is able to outspeed most RoarCune (a spread I believe Hogg used.)
  • To make up for the increase in passivity running SR on Mamoswine and Spikes on Forretress should help and it works well in conjunction with Suicune's phasing capabilities. This allows you to efficiently wear down threats to your team like Toxicroak, Feraligatr and Gyarados.
  • Now I know you said that you tried specs but had trouble predicting the move you needed to use however choice specs > mind plate has way too good a utility for your team to ignore crippling Reun, opposing cune and the likes with trick.
  • Just some little things: use SpD Florg like King UU said and make the atk ivs of your specially attacking mons 0. Every little bit helps. Jolly Aero outspeeds +1 Gyara which is kinda annoying rn. Also Roost Aero might be better to help with Croaker by creating sucker punch mind games (which is better than not being able to check it). Though I consider this more optional.
Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Hope I helped.

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I noticed that playing against you, GYarados can 6-0 you if Suicune gets worn down. And ofc Suicune can get pressured easily from tanking likes of Mamoswine, maybe SD Cobalion. When I played against you I took down Cune with Crawdaunt and opened up a hole. I think maybe you should run Freeze Dry on Mamo or HP electric on Espeon?
Forretress can help him take on Physical Hits, and Florges has a ton of great resistances to back up Suicune's defensive ability to tank (think Fighting types). If anything, it's more about how he plays those situations out. Roar Suicune + Forry should adequately take on Gyara.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Forretress can help him take on Physical Hits, and Florges has a ton of great resistances to back up Suicune's defensive ability to tank (think Fighting types). If anything, it's more about how he plays those situations out. Roar Suicune + Forry should adequately take on Gyara.
Oh yeah, well that makes sense.

I noticed an actual large weakness to Toxicroak though. Mainly because Aerodactyl without Roost loses to +2 Sucker Punch after rocks. And Forretress can't actually hit Croak back, which can be evident after some scouting. I think it would be very helpful to put a Jolly Nature on Mamoswine for this reason.

I don't think I have that much trouble against Gyarados. Forry' Volt Switch does about 44% to it iirc, Suicune can roar out non Taunt variants, and it doesn't have an easy time setuping on my mons besides Mamoswine tbf. Crawdaunt is really an entire other story, I have 0 switchins against it, Aqua Jet threats my team hard and I have to play some agressive moves if I want to have any chance :|

You talked about Croak, but tbf most SD users are annoying to deal, like SD Coba, Croak and Luke. Usually I play carefully against those while applying as much pressure I can with Maero, Espeon and Forry :P

Hi.

• There are lots of mons that could use suicune's sleepy turns to give you a hard time such as Feral and Gyara so replacing Calm Mind with Sleep Talk might be worth your while. Also opposing Roar Cunes look like a huge nuisance so outspeeding them is definitely gonna be a big deal. Try a spread of 240 hp / 216 def / 52 spe. It hits a jump point in defence and is able to outspeed most RoarCune (a spread I believe Hogg used.)
  • To make up for the increase in passivity running SR on Mamoswine and Spikes on Forretress should help and it works well in conjunction with Suicune's phasing capabilities.
  • Now I know you said that you tried specs but had trouble predicting the move you needed to use however choice specs > mind plate has way too good a utility for your team to ignore crippling Reun, opposing cune and the likes.
  • Just some little things: use SpD Florg like King UU said and consider using Jolly Aero which outspeeds +1 Gyara which is kinda annoying rn. Also Roost Aero might be better to help with Croaker by creating sucker punch mind games (which is better than not being able to check it).
tl;dr
: Sleep Talk > CM
: Spikes > SR
: SR > Icicle Crash
: Specs > Mind Plate
: 252 hp / 232 def / 24 spd > current spread
: Jolly > Adamant ; Roost > EQ

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the rate dude n_n

I forgot about Trick on Espeon! I have it on another similar team and I will probably take a look on it for this meta too :)

As I told on op, I've tried Spikes Forry + SR Mamo, but I had some problems keeping hazards up, and tbf I didn't have many turns with Mamo to setup rocks - most of the time I felt clicking EQ/Icicle Crash/Knock Off was the best option overall, so I just dropped it and kept rocks on forry :P

About CM > Sleep Talk on Cune, I'm not that satisfied with it, since losing my only wincon would hurt this team effectiveness really bad :| but I might give it a try if I change Pursuit for Hone Claw on Maero or something

I'll try Jolly Maero since outspeed +1 Gyara isn't a bad thing at all

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah so as I've seen, bulky Psychic types such as Reuniclus and Cresselia can prove to be quite a hassle for you if it's the last remaining Pokemon for your team. To be honest, you have a problem against bulky setup sweepers in general, notably CurseLax and CM Suicune, as both of them van be troublesome if they're the last Pokemon you're facing, since phazing would be impossible.

I've noticed that your Mega Aerodactyl is Adamant Nature with Pursuit, which isn't really a good way to deal with Chandelure, as Scarf Shadow Ball 2HKOs it. Moreover, the only problem you'd be having is against Calm Mind or Choice Specs set, as you don't have a proper switch-in to them, because Suicune can switch into Fire Blasts while Florges can switch into Shadow Balls for Scarf set. The real problem is that Chandelure might use Trick, so you have to play very carefully against it. With that being said, I believe keeping Pursuit for Chandelure isn't really worth it, since your team can pretty much deal with it. Therefore, you should run Crunch over Pursuit, as it can 2HKO the likes of Reuniclus and Cresselia, as well as hit a weakened Doublade more easily. This also lets your team to not get obliterated by last Pokemon Reuniclus.

Now as I've said, other bulky setup sweepers can be problematic as well, especially Snorlax and Suicune, sincen your Suicune lacks Sleep Talk. Keep Mamoswine to Adamant, because hitting these threats with maximum damage is always a given. I also think your team might struggle versus Stall teams, as you so setup sweeper can get phazed out. Therefore I think running Calm Mind Espeon over Psychic is the best idea, since that allows you to setup on Suicune and hit Snorlax hard after +1 as well. Having Calm Mind also gives you a really strong matchup versus Stall teams especially since you have Wish Florges to back you up.

tl; dr
(Set)
(Set)

Hope I helped! :toast:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, malinowski! Cool team you have here :). Here are some suggestions to ease your match up versus some common threats.

• Firstly, I support Cyndequil's suggestion of Sleep Talk > Calm Mind on Cune. You really don't want to give your opponent two free turns when you're asleep, and relying on Aromatherapy to help with that weakness comes at the cost of so much momentum as you have to switch out to Florges. It pretty much gives your opponent free turns anyways.

• With the previous change having removed your only Wincon, you now need a new one. I would go with Hone Claws > Pursuit on Aerodactyl. You already have a solid Beedrill switch and counter in Forretress, and there is not too much that would make the opportunity of trapping weigh more than giving you an awesome wincon (you can at least play around specs Chandy between Florg and Suicune). The reason I believe Hone Claws would be better than Crunch is that HC helps you pretty much everywhere, rather than Crunch only helping with a limited amount of threats. Besides, between Mamoswine's Knock Off, Roar Cune and HC Aerodactyl, I think you'll be able to handle those psychics decently. HC Aero is a very threatening set up sweeper to deal with and I could see it putting in a lot of work for your team.

• Wish/Protect Florges is just really passive and gives away too much momentum. Especially if you give Sleep Talk to Suicune, this Florges set doesn't do too much for your team anymore. The only thing you would most likely be wish passing to is Forretress, and I don't think that is worth giving away some great offensive capabilities. I would suggest going with CM Florges > Wish/Protect. This gives your team yet another great wincon and takes away a lot of that passiveness.

• As for that gigantic Crawdaunt weakness, consider going Taunt/Roost LO Hydreigon over Espeon. This change gives you a solid switch in as well as revenge killer to Crawdaunt that could maintain longevity thanks to Roost. Not only that, but it also helps with how your team struggles against opposing Cune/Bulky Waters, while not becoming complete dead weight against those psychics. It also gives you a nice switch into specs Chandelure, which could really threaten your team with Aero no longer having Pursuit and mindgames between Florges/Suicune being your best way to play around it (either could get tricked). Also, you would now be able to efficiently deal with all of the common spinblockers that would trouble Forre. Florges checks&counters Sableye, Hydreigon checks&counters Chandy, and a slow volt switch from Forre to Hydreigon is a pretty good way to deal with Doublade (you also have cune). This way, losing Espeon as your secondary form of hazard control isn't too terrible.

I hope I helped, good luck with the team :)!

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 20 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Roost

Thank you very much Manipulative :) I like Espeon but it definitely doesnt have a room on this team anymore :| I will try those changes and try Hydreigon over it too. Since I won't have Wish support anymore, I will also change Rocky Helmet on Forry for Leftovers. Thanks y'all :)

Hey guys, sorrying for reborning this thread, but after some weeks playing mons and adjusting for this meta, I think I found a similar build that is all around great and very promising. I've already edited OP with the changes, whoever I will make a recap and offers a threatlist in this post aswell.

tldr version:

major changes: Suicune, Mamoswine and Florges got replace by Seismitoad, Snorlax and Hydreigon.

minor changes: MAero is now Hone Claws Jolly. Forry is now Leftovers with Spikes. Espeon is now Choice Specs Trick.

Seismitoad, Snorlax and Hydreigon gives me a good pack of answers or at least pressure against mons like Crawdaunt, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Kyurem, Mega Houndoom, well, plenty of mons that could pressure my build hard. Scarf Hydreigon might seem underwhelming but it fits fine in this team, giving me a much quick answer for many offensive mons. If I can't save a mon, Scarf Hydreigon + Mega Aerodactyl can effectively revenge kill probably the entire meta. Forretress keeping 4x grass moves from hitting Seismitoad and Espeon creating mind games with Magic Bounce close this team version for this meta.

Set explanation can be found on OP.

---
Threatlist:

Mega Blastoise is fuckin' hard to bring down if it gets in safely and it will eventually takes at least one kill per match unless my opp plays really bad. Espeon is like my best offensive answer to it, and yet it can't OHKO the mf turtle, so my strategy is to take as much damage as possible, so Espeon or perhaps Hydreigon/Maero can take it down.

Special dragons are annoying. Since I don't have a fairy type, they lose nothing when clicking for their Dragon STABs, and could even go for their coverage instead. Once again, I have to play pretty offensively, keeping hazards up and forcing them switches. Most of my team outspeed those and can force them out somehow, so I just have to be careful.

Sableye is very annoying overall. Priority Will-O-Wisp can fuck with M-Aero, Hydreigon (it's not 2HKO by Modest Dark Pulse) and Snorlax. Taunt stops Seismitoad and Forretress also very hard. To beat this thing, I need to keep Espeon as alive as possible. It's my most efficient answer to it and the one that will often makes this thing go for Knock Off when it should have willo.

SD BP Lucario is a very threatning sweeper against this team, since its +2 BP kills Maero and +2 CC/ES clean the rest, except Hydreigon at full. thankfully it only setups on Forry and Choice locked Hydreigon, so I have to play careful.

For now that's it :)

---

SHOUTOUTS!
Since this isn't the OP I will just send a big shoutout for all the UU community
Aquadext Horsehead-3 Merlouvynis Rattled Snakes ChoiceBnddUmbreon Pinkin Lark LeoLancaster R0ady Sacri' King UU lucqq Nightingales Island Spices Cancer On FLEEK BrandonBeast Bhris Brown Manipulative Euphonos LittleRunnerXC Christo. ManOfMany Arifeen DaSpoofy eaglehawk NV Hogg ok i might be forgetting a heck lot of ppl but i'm bad at this forgive me for my bad memory

---

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Hone Claws

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Happiness: 0
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest

some replays taken from room tours

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323740709
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323738587
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323709238 - against aquadext
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323680803 - good ladder game

Last edited:
I personally like the synergy this team brings, i feel like lucario does a lot of work to your team, i personally like siesmitoad because of its mono grass weakness, paired up with a flying type or oucario counter, it just makes it so much better, mandibuzz and siesmitoad is one of my favorite defensive cores, personally i think snorlax is out of place, but i really like the team dude, nice job :)

CBU

Banned deucer.
I personally like the synergy this team brings, i feel like lucario does a lot of work to your team, i personally like siesmitoad because of its mono grass weakness, paired up with a flying type or oucario counter, it just makes it so much better, mandibuzz and siesmitoad is one of my favorite defensive cores, personally i think snorlax is out of place, but i really like the team dude, nice job :)
Actually horse makes a very good point...if luc puts up an sd which can vs -2 hydra forri and lax and toad is a bit weakened your counter is hydreigon... I suggest maybe a scarf chandie over scarf hydra
Hope i helped

u guys are rite, SD BP Luc is a very threatning sweeper against my team. non BP variants are revenge killed by MAero, otherwise unless Hydreigon is at full health I'm in trouble. whenever I see Luc I usually play careful and click Hydreigon' STABs as minimum as possible. gonna add it to the threatlist but Hydreigon > Chandy is going to make me weaker to things like Daunt, cant do it

CBU

Banned deucer.
u guys are rite, SD BP Luc is a very threatning sweeper against my team. non BP variants are revenge killed by MAero, otherwise unless Hydreigon is at full health I'm in trouble. whenever I see Luc I usually play careful and click Hydreigon' STABs as minimum as possible. gonna add it to the threatlist but Hydreigon > Chandy is going to make me weaker to things like Daunt, cant do it
tbf didnt even consider daunt...maybe i am used to sacing mons every time it comes in regardless :P
U can maybe un-choice lock hydreigon, since aero provides speed control on its own with its natural speed. Maybe e-belt or wiseglasses can help boost your attacks, bluff the choice item and still counter the lobster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)