it was all just a metaphor
Hi everyone! The council has decided it is time to hold a suspect test for Mew.
Ever since the meta was first played, it was obvious that Mew was going to be a dominant force in the metagame. Nearly two months later, this is still holds very true. However, Mew's domination seems to some to cause an imbalance in the meta. Its Base 100 stats across the board makes Mew one of the bulkiest and strongest Pokemon in the metagame and paired with its Psychic typing, makes Fighting-types nearly useless. Mew also has access to several utility moves in U-Turn, Will-O-Wisp, and Stealth Rock, all of which can flip a match-up instantaneously. Paired with Mew's bulk and Roost these moves can be free to click in a lot of situations, meaning that the opponent will almost always be playing in the back versus it. Mew can also be an extremely effective cleaner thanks to its access to Nasty Plot and Roost, and even lure its common answers with a less conventional Bulk Up set. Despite these positives it is somewhat vulnerable to status conditions such as Toxic and Paralysis, but Mew is nevertheless able to beat most Pokemon in the meta 1v1 thanks to its bulk and sheer versatility. Mew is one of the most influential Pokemon in the tier thanks to its great stats, high bulk, and breaking potential and is being testing due to its subjective negative effect on the metagame.
There will be no suspect ladder. Instead, we'll be using the normal LGPE OU ladder which will remain open for the duration of the test. A message will pop up at the beginning of ladder games to indicate that the suspect is going on. (Tagging Marty to implement our Pull Request, thanks!) Mew will be legal for the entirety of this suspect test. Anyone who wishes to participate in this suspect test will use a newly-made alt with a suspect-specific tag to indicate that you are trying to achieve reqs. The requirements for this suspect test are the following:
- All games must be played on the Pokemon Showdown! LGPE OU ladder on a new alt with the following format: "LGT1 (nickname)" For example, I might register the alt LGT1 Ezaphs to ladder with. Don't impersonate other people in your ladder alt to avoid confusion and do not insult other users in your ladder alt or you risk being barred from getting reqs.
- To qualify for voting, your alt must either play a minimum of 40 games, and achieve a minimum GXE of 80, or play a minimum of 35 games, and achieve a minimum GXE of 82.
- No one liners nor uninformed posts;
- No inappropriate / meme posts that would be deemed off-topic.
- No discussion on other potential suspects;
- No discussion on the suspect process;
- You are required to make respectful posts;