Metagame NP: NU Stage 10 - Kids See Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that we got another really splashable SR setter, Inc check and Brolix check as well as an ok Heliolisk check. If Toad picks up in usage, and I think it should, my guess is that Xatu will find its place on more ladder teams (pretty much already a staple in tours). This seems like another tier change that helps out Vileplume and I think that its spdef set will be something to keep in mind when building - right now it checks many annoying Pokemon such as Comfey, Sceptile, Diancie and the new drop. Not to mention the sinergy it has with Toad could make it a staple on balance.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
grass knot heliolisk

glad we got toad back though, another decent bulky water and rocker to use. trying not to rehash thoughts, but i do think heliolisk will still be a problem even with stuff like spdef plume although it now has to choose its checks.

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon

NU got this back and I'm hella excited to try it! It's a splashable Stealth Rocker that can beat Steelix, Rhydon, and Diancie and serves as a decent check to Heliolisk (though it might start running Grass Knot just to beat this). I don't know for sure how well it'll do considering that Xatu has increased usage and with all of the Grass-types NU has (Dhelmise especially is going to be a problem), but it's fun that we have Quasimotoad back from UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)