Hello again everyone! With the tier being in a very stable place at the moment, the NU Council has decided that it's finally time to re-introduce a new Pokemon into the metagame and re-test Mega Abomasnow.
Following the results of the previous suspect test, the NU Council brainstormed various ideas to address some of the communities comments on the meta, and eventually we settled on retesting Abomasnow-Mega. When Abomasnow first arrived in the tier, the meta was very volatile due to the plethora of other behemoths that dropped with it, however now that we've managed to get to a very balanced and stable stage, we believe that it is the perfect time to give one of the more divisive Pokemon in NU-BL a second chance. Abomasnow-Mega gives players another option against the bulk Water balances which dominate the metagame and introduces a unique wallbreaker in the meta which can potentially encourage a spike in viability for offense and a bunch of other potential positive boons for the tier. Abomasnow-Mega's fantastic mixed offenses and high powered moves allow it to function as a very threatening wallbreaker with enough tools to run a variety of sets, ranging from Mixed Attacker, Swords Dance, and potentially others. However, its poor defensive typing, weakness to Stealth Rock, and pathetic Speed leave it extremely vulnerable to being revenge killed by a wide range of Pokemon. This suspect test will confirm whether or not Abomasnow-Mega is a balanced and positive addition to the tier or if its presence is too overwhelming to handle.
There will be no suspect ladder. Instead, we'll be using the normal NU ladder which will remain open for the duration of the test. A message will pop up at the beginning of ladder games to indicate that the suspect is going on. (Tagging Marty to implement, thank you!) Abomasnow-Mega will be legal for the entirety of this suspect test. Anyone who wishes to participate in this suspect test will use a newly-made alt with a suspect-specific tag to indicate that you are trying to achieve reqs. The requirements for this suspect test are the following:
- All games must be played on the Pokemon Showdown! NU ladder on a new alt with the following format: "NUMAS (nickname)" For example, I might register the alt NUMAS Hootie to ladder with.
- Do NOT impersonate other people in your ladder alt, do NOT use any usernames which are offensive, flame-baiting, or targeting specific users, and do NOT use usernames which could be interpreted as breaking any of the username rules on Pokemon Showdown! Failure to abide to this will result in you being barred from voting in this suspect, and potential infractions.
- To qualify for voting, your alt must play a minimum of 35 games, and achieve a minimum GXE of 82.
You have until Monday, December 3rd at 11:59 PM GMT -5 to meet voting requirements. This thread will remain locked for a couple of days to allow people to play with Abomasnow-Mega and form an educated opinion on it.
- No one liners nor uninformed posts;
- No inappropriate / meme posts that would be deemed off-topic.
- No discussion on other potential suspects;
- No discussion on the suspect process;
- You are required to make respectful posts;