np: NU Stage 8 - Who Let the Dogs Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it hits them super effectivly lol maybe not demolish them as Pokemon like Braviary has nice bulk. But you get the point
hitting SE =/= massive damage/2hko

There's a massive difference there lad

Alas, I've got nothing interesting to add. Barely have time/motivation to play comp. pokémon at the moment.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
What about a Tangela and Bastidon core along these lines?

Tangela@Eviolite
Trait:Regenerator
Nature:Bold
Ev:252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpA
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-hp-Ice

Bastidon@Leftovers
Trait:Sturdy
Nature:Impish
Ev:252 Hp/252 SpD/4 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Toxic
-Stone Edge

Tangla can take the ground and fighting type moves aimed at Bastidon, while in Return it can take all the Pokes trying to take advantage of Tangela's low special side. And stab stone edge demolishes all the types that hit Tangela super effective.
This core are literally demolished by the likes of strong special attackers like Samurott, Gorebyss, Ludicolo, Gardevoir etc. And are free setup bait for BU Braviary as it can easely stall out Bastiodons Stone Edge's, and Tangela can't beat Braviary with HP Ice so they are both massive setup fodder for a lot of common threaths. Stuff like Nasty Plot Misdreavus rapes this core so badly it isn't even funny, the reason for this is that most special attacker in this tier especially water types have an coverage option in Ice Beam which let them beat bulky grass types like Tangela with no problems at all, and will therefore automatically become a massive threath against this core.

This is a short post, but if you are using Sludge Wave Seismitoad, I would use Sludge Bomb instead of Sludge Wave. The 30% chance of getting poison on mons such as Musharna, Braviary, or Regice is really great for Seismitoad, and there is a miniscule power difference. It sort of makes up for the lack of Toxic, as well. (Sorry for this short post, but I just wanted to get this out of the way, because Sludge Wave is a worse option that many use on toad.)

I prefer sludge wave as i have had pokemon just barely survive sludge bomb and i didnt get the toxic.

I've been testing out a Choice Band Ludicolo set thats been working pretty well.

Ludicolo@Choice Band
Trait:Swift Swim
Nature:Jolly
Ev:252 Atk/252 Spe
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch
-Waterfall
-Bullet Seed

With great coverage with Waterfall and Bullet Seed the only Pokemon that resist both are Dragons ,Jumpluff, and grass types. All of them are taken care of with Ice Punch. Drain Punch with Choice Band is the equivalent of STAB Drain Punch so it makes is a semi-reliable recovery move. Drain Punch also allows it to take Sucker Punch from Cacturne , hit it back and heal enough damage to survive another one. However it still has troubles from Pokemon such as Swellow and Braviary who can outspeed and easily OHKO it, and in general anything that can outspeed it and hit hard can give it a hard time.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CB Ludicolo isn't that great of a set tbh. Ludicolo's 70 Atk is pretty bad no matter how you look at it, and all of its moves, while they have good coverage combined, are easy to set up on for many threats when you're locked into them. If you want to use a physical Ludicolo set, a SD set would be better to give it more power to attack things. It would also let Ludicolo switch moves to actually be able to make use of its coverage. As an added bonus, it would be able to beat the special walls that think they could come in and wall Ludicolo. SD would go over Drain Punch if you were using that set, and you'd use a LO. Seed Bomb is also a good idea over Bullet Seed since it gives you a consistent damage output, and will usually be stronger than Bullet Seed would be.

I can see your point but you still have to have time to Set Up SD. It also lacks immediate power that choice band set provides. As well as without any method of healing, it is easily worn down. Bullet seed is also used to break thru subs and sturdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)