That's right folks, 5th gen OU suspect testing is finally here! Now that we have an official 5th gen server and an initial banlist, we can start determining the tiering fate of even more Pokemon than ever! This time, things will be a little bit different, though. Here is a general outline of how things will go down this generation:
- As soon as Super gets some free time tomorrow, he will reset the Standard OU ratings and post that he has done so in this topic, which will mark the start of 5th gen OU suspect testing.
- Testing will last approximately two and a half weeks and end on December 18th at 11:59 PM, EST.
- A tentative qualification rating of 1500 has been set as the threshold for being able to vote. Yes, we know this is a very high rating to achieve in such a short period of time. We therefore reserve the right to lower this rating as needed at the end of the testing period. Please understand that this is a brand new rating system, so we're trying to get a feel for what is an appropriate rating right now. Still, try your hardest to hit 1500, as that's the only way to guarantee that you will qualify!
- On December 19th at 12:00 AM, EST, users will be allowed to post suspect nominations in this thread. There is no rating criteria to qualify for nominating -- anybody can submit nominations. The nomination phase will last one week, until 11:59 PM, EST on December 25th.
- Nominations will be accepted or rejected based on a combination of sound logic and popularity.
- You will also be allowed to nominate Uber Pokemon which you believe should be brought down and tested the next round.
- Unlike the 4th generation suspect voting process, the characteristics outlined in the Portrait of an Uber are not required for justifying a Pokemon's tiering. Instead, we encourage you all to justify your nomination with whatever reasoning led you to your opinion. Please keep in mind the definitions listed in DougJustDoug's Characteristics of a Desirable Pokemon Metagame thread when posting your opinions, as if you use a word from there, that is how we will interpret it. Also, note that DougJustDoug's thread, although very detailed, probably does not cover every characteristic of our metagame, so don't feel limited to just the ones he listed when justifying your nomination. That thread is just a good starting point :)
- On December 26th, a voting thread will be opened with a list of qualified voters and Pokemon whose nominations were accepted. Qualified users will be allowed to vote once per suspect. A short explanation for your vote is encouraged.
- This round's voting will be closed at 11:59 PM, EST, on January 2nd, and we will have our new OU metagame!
Now that that's all explained, I just wanted to wish everybody the best of luck. Enjoy your testing for the next few hours, because after Super resets the ratings tomorrow, it's game time!OU Banlist