np: Rating Practice Team Round #32 - From Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the newest round of rating practice teams. If you're an aspiring rater, then these will hopefully allow you to pick up on and address any problems with your rating, provide you with experience rating teams that have been specifically made to be as tough to rate as possible, and make you think creatively in order to find the best changes for the team. Any rates we receive will be replied to with personalized feedback by an official Team Rater. At the end of the round, we'll give some general hints and feedback on how things went, and post the best rate that we received as an example of how to rate the team.

After speaking with some other team raters, we have decided to include teams for non-OU metagames in this round of rating practice teams (and potentially future rounds, depending on the interest shown in this round). Before you ask, you may rate more than one practice team, and your rate(s) will get feedback proportional to the amount of effort you put into it / them. PM all rates to Trinitrotoluene and Celticpride by Saturday, 15 August 2015, and make separate PMs for each team you rate. Indicate which tier your rate is for in the title of your PM!

Practice Teams by Tier:
  • OU Practice Team by DennisEG
  • UU Practice Team by Snowy.
  • RU Practice Team by Snowy.
  • NU Practice Team by DennisEG
  • LC Practice Team by Corporal Levi

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OU Practice Team by DennisEG

I got this team that may be good for rating practice, having mons not often seen.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

The team is based around Mega Manectric which is really good agaisnt every playstyle in the current metagame having a great speed and coverage, able to volt switch around to bait some of the check this have such as Lati@s or bulky ground types or simple gaining momentum for the other member of the team, having intimidate as ability after mega evolve give a solid answer for bird spam and solid check for Mega Scizor. Overheat is usufull againts steel types that can block electric types attacks or being immune such a Excadrill.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

A great support to get rid of checks of Mega mane it is without a doubt Weavile, has the ability of trap Lati@s which is one of the switch for Mega manectric, also hit for super effective all the bulky ground types that try to block electric type moves and are bulky enough to take Hidden power ices from Mega manectric such as Hippowdon which is pretty common right now. Having the volt switch support as well give a Weavile a free switch ins to deal damage or weaken the opposing team.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The team it is frail and very weak to dark types such as Bisharp, also lack of a solid revenge killer so Keldeo solve all this problems with the Choice Scarf Set, also it is another bait for Lati@s and grass types which Weavile can handle those with his STABs moves.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

At this point the team doesn't have any switch ins or ways to deal with fairies or strong and fast threats like Mega Metagross, so spedef skarmory was the pokemon I choose because give a solid fairies answers and provide the team a necessary ground immunity. Skarmory have the ability to set up spikes for all the offensive pokemons in our team and secure some HKO as well provide a phazer move to remove some bulky set up sweeper that get out of control.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

The team looks very weak to Electric types, Rain Teams, bulky waters and Keldeo, so Seismitoad check all this mons and it is our Fire resist, also provide stealth rock. Scald it is the best move in the game and maintains away the Physical attacker, EQ is a better option than Earth Power in case we face a Sub CM Keldeo. Toxic is to wear down bulky water or just bulky pokemon and general. The Ev spread allow you to live a +1 D Claw from Zard X which as you can see this is the only answer in our team that can handle it bar Scarf Keldeo.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Having a hazard stack team without a hazard control in our team give a Alakazam a plus to shine, because due to Magic Guard it is immune to residual damage. The fuction of Alakazam Focus Sash in this team it is a backup check for set up pokemon as you can see in the moveset this Alakazam is packing Thunder Wave, this allow you to live any move due to Sash an return back with Thunder Wave crippling any threat for the team, also it is a lure for Tornadus-T which is a common switch agaisnt Kazam.

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
UU Practice Team by Snowy.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Team startered around Chandelure, due to it's incredible power, coverage and ability to act as a spin blocker. It also allowed for me to trick fatter Pokemon to cripple them, which not only opened up a lot of doors for the rest of my team, but also allow itself to be free from being choice locked. Infiltrator was chosen over Flash Fire, as I wanted the ability to revenge kill or trick users behind substitute, as things like substitute Gatr were extremely threatening.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

I added Gatr next, because it really benefitted from having chandelure break and cripple the majority of things that can handle this monster. It also worked as a great win condition for this team, with it decent speed and insane power gain a nice boost from Dragon Dance to power up it's solid coverage and make a potential sweep happen.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Chesnaught was added in next to create a cool fire-water-grass core and patch up the majority of weaknesses the current two Pokemon had. It also had access to Spikes, which fit the hazard stackin ideals I had originally had for the team. Wood Hammer + Leech Seeds, allowed me to deal with suicune effectively and is the main reason I installed it on this set. Synthesis was chosen over a fight STAB, as I really wanted the reliable recovery to constantly be able to get up spikes and handle with threats to the current mons, for the entire game.

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

The Team was lacking Stealth Rocks at this point, as well as Knock Off support and a way to reduce the effectiveness of volt-turn. Krookodile filled these roles greatly, as providing some great fire power and a way to trap certain Pokemon to allow for an easier time for the rest of my team later on.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Look at the team now, i didnt really have an answer for dragon types like Salamance and the team also lacked a general way to absord a majority of special hits. Florges fit the bill nicely and also provided wish support for the members on my team lacking reliable recovery, which just increased the logetivity of all my Pokemon. On top of this it has access to Aromatherapy, which yet again help me increase the logetivity of my team, seeing as being statused can really cut down how long your Pokemon are around for.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Finally, offensive flying and fire types were looking like they might just blow this team back a few pegs. Seeing as I had a Mega spot free, Mega Ampharos fit the bill rather nicely, with it great bulk and appoiately typing. It also provided this team with a form of momentum which was something this team was lacking and needed to allow me to safely get in my hard hitters.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
RU Practice Team by Snowy.

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I started this team around Tyrantrum, as it's one of the best win conditions in the game, due to it's great movepool, solid ability and absurd power. I choose an adament nature over jolly, cause I want the extra power to allow me to completely obliterate teams, as well as the fact that I was running Lum Berry and was not benefitting from the increased power from an item.

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Trick

Delphox came next, as it allowed me to break down the common Steel types and a majority of bulky walls that could put a stop in Tyrantrum's sweep. Grass Knot was choosen to hit Pokemon sharing the duel typing of Water and Ground, as the majority of those Pokemon stopped Tyrantrum from sweeping. Choice scarf was applied to give the team some speed control and allow it more easily revenge different Pokemon. On top of this, when paired with Trick, I was able to cripple Alomomola, which was an easy stop to both these Pokemon otherwise.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Alomomola was need to check a wide variety of threats to the core, such as offensive water and fire types like Clawitzer and Emboar. I choose a mix spread, as it better handle the previously mentioned threats better than a full out defensive spread. Alomomola also served as a great supporting mon to this team, allowing me to pass heft wishes to the other members of my team and spread status with scald and toxic.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

I added in Tangrowth to not only complete the every so amazing fire-water-grass core, but to also better handle the remaining threats that Alomomola couldn't handle due to it's division in spread. It yet again gave great support to the rest of the team, by allowing me to Knock Off the opposing team Pokemons items, Leech Seed the opponents Pokemon to put them on a timer and restore not only Tangrowth's, but other members on my teams health as well as put mons to sleep with Sleep Powder.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

I placed in a physically defensive Togetic, as my team was extremely threaten by Scarfty at this point and Togetic is one of the best answers to it in the tier, due to it being able to eat up any hit and blast Scarfty to the next demesion with Dazzling Gleam. It also provide Defog and Heal Bell support, which allowed me to increase the longetivity of my team, by clearing the residual damage from hazards my team would receive, as well as removing status that would other wise eat away at my Pokemons health points.

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Finally, lacking a mega, hazards of my own and a switch into banded Escavalier, I decide that I would add in Mega-Steelix. Acting as more than just that, it also gave the team a nice back-up sponge, a way to haze out the opponent in dire situations and an electric immunity which would allow me not to blown back a peg by teams that uterlised the very effective and popular stratergy of Volt-Turn.

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Trick

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
NU Practice Team by DennisEG

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 44 HP / 212 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Pursuit

Welcome to NU Skuntank, wanna build around a core based on CB Sawk + Pursuit trap user and automatically skutank come to my mind with the incredible typing check a lot of the threats right now in NU like Liligant, Mega Audino, Rotom, etc. The idea of the set is trap mesprits, Choice locked rotom, revenge liligant and fairies and get a freeway from Sawk and Spam close combat. Also it is our hazard control in the team for that annoying HO team that are running around, it is very realiable defog due to the bulk this had.

Sawk @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

With Skuntak getting rid of things that bother Sawk, also Sawk help skutank getting rid of bulky stuff that resist Poison STAB like Rhydon, Steel types, and another poison type ( due to EQ ). I choose sturdy as ability just for a backup check for some set up sweepers as Skutank is a reliable defog sawk can conserve his Sturdy even late game. EQ hit Garbodor which is one of the main switches, Ice punch for Vileplume and bulky grass types, and last slot knock off best move in the game.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

My rock setter and my first wall in the team, provide me a malamar, Tauros, Skutank, Garbodor ( With no Seed bomb) check, a bird spam counter and also provide electric immunity although almost every electric type run Hidden power grass Spedef Rhydon can take at least one due to his incredible bulk. Rock Blast is more necessary in case subs or lead Crustle.

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- U-turn

Scarf Mesprit was the revenge kill of choice for this team providing momentum with u-turn and a Ground Immunity for the team, also has healing wish support for the team in case i need a second chance to break stuff with Sawk or i need a wall for late game. Also is my way to deal with fighting types.

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 160 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Stun Spore

Was looking a bit weak to Rain team and Bulky waters in general, so i add Tangela as my water resist enough Spedef to live an Ice beam from Life Orb Ludicolo after rocks and an Ice beam from Samurott LO. HP fire is needed for not be set up fodder agaisnt Klinklang which is a huge threat for this team but tangela can take it on. Stun Spore support as speed control and help Sawk for being the faster mon in the field and spam freely CC.

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sleep Talk

And the glue for the team is this beautiful and fat beast that never dies, help the team against stronger attacker like magmortar, Pyroar, Samurott, etc. I made Crodino for the status absorber and the ability to beat special attackers 1 v 1 also as late game cleaner, you can go Wish / Protect / Heal bell but i really like more Crodino to set up and beat things dangerous for the team.

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 44 HP / 212 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Pursuit

Sawk @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- U-turn

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 160 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Stun Spore

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sleep Talk

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
LC Practice Team by Corporal Levi

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Level: 5
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Mienfoo is a good pivot because of Regenerator. It is very strong, and fairly bulky while Eviolite is intact. It can knock off Fairy-types and sometimes opposing Fighting-types so Carvanha can sweep more easily. It also checks a variety of threats, including Pawniard, Scraggy, Snovanha, Shell Smashers, and Normal-types.

Togepi @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Baton Pass

Togepi is the team's initial switch-in to Fighting-types. It also lures in Ferroseed, which is severely weakened by Fire Blast, paving the way for a Carvanha sweep. Togepi's most important role here is as a Nasty Plot passer. The boosts can be given to Carvanha, Gothita, or Lotad for a late-game sweep, or to just put a lot of pressure on the opponent. Togepi's low speed means that the frail Carvanha or Gothita can be passed the boosts safely.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
Carvanha is the team's main win condition, as the team is built around a combination of Togepi and Carvanha. Carvanha normally lacks the power to break through healthy enemies, but the Nasty Plot boost helps it get the KOs it needs. Special Carvanha's Hydro Pump is more powerful than standard Carvanha's Waterfall. Dark Pulse is a more accurate STAB move that comes with a handy flinch chance to break past Abra. Ice Beam hits Grass- and Dragon-types, and Protect ensures that Carvanha can get at least one speed boost.

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
Carvanha's sweep is stopped by Fighting-types, Fletchling, healthy Chinchou, and Abra. Gothita KOs weakened Fighting-types with Psychic, gets rid of Fletchling after Stealth Rock with Thunderbolt, and heavily weakens Chinchou with Energy Ball. Abra is forced to have its sash broken as well. Gothita also has Trick to guarantee the removal of Eviolites off troublesome bulky Pokemon like Porygon and Munchlax. Gothita can also take advantage of Nastypass late game, if Dark- and Steel-types are removed.

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
Tirtouga is the team's Stealth Rock setter, which is important for any offensive Pokemon. It also lures in and Knocks Off Fighting-types, Chinchou, and bulky Grass-types so that Gothita can do more damage to them. It acts as a repeated switch-in to Fletchling.

Lotad @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Synthesis
Lotad's unique typing allows it to check key threats that the team would otherwise struggle against, most notably Omanyte, Corphish, Staryu, and Ground-types. Giga Drain lets it tank through Water-types. Scald is Lotad's most spammable move thanks to its burn chance. Ice Beam damages Grass-type switch-ins, especially if they have been Knocked Off. Synthesis is used so that Lotad can check stuff throughout the match.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Togepi @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Baton Pass

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock

Lotad @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Synthesis

Hi guys, this round of rating practice teams has officially concluded! The winning rate from this round was submitted by user fleggumfl . He efficiently improved the team in some aspects without compromising the original purpose. Here's the winning rate:

Okay, first thing I noticed with the team is that it has no Zard Y switch in, Alakazam can only come in once and something needs to be sacced pretty much every time to get Manectric in, so I recommend Latias > Alakazam. Latias provides a switch in for Charizard Y and threatens it out with Draco Meteor or Psyshock, while being able to Roost off the damage and heal a teammate completely with Healing Wish.

This means the team lacks a way to stop set up sweepers, and so I think Klefki should be used over Skarmory. Klefki retains a switch in for Fairy types and Latis, being able to cripple them with priority Thunder Wave, providing Spikes, a pseudo ground immunity with Magnet Rise and being able to deter some set up sweepers such as Mega Scizor with Foul Play.

Another suggestion I'd make is Hidden Power Electric > Hidden Power Ice on Keldeo. Belly Drum Azumarill is quite threatening to this team too, and so, HP Electric can pick off Azu if it falls to around 45% which should be easy considering the offensive pressure put on it with Spikes.

Another thing I noticed with the team is that it seems very very weak to Sableye Stall. Seismitoad isn't so necessary if Latias is on the team as Latias provides an answer to bulky Waters and Keldeo, while being able to pivot into Electric types when necessary. So I would replace it with Stallbreaker Heatran. Heatran helps with the Stall issue this team has while being able to provide rocks and an alternative Electric check. This does leave the team quite weak to Rain, but fortunately, Rain isn't a very common playstyle right now. This also helps with another issue in Taunt Talonflame as Heatran can whittle it with Magma Storm and Earth Power on the Roost.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Healing Wish

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Changes in short:
Latias > Alakazam as team lacks a ZardY switch in
Klefki > Skarmory as the team now lacks a way of preventing set up sweepers, while keeping Spikes
Heatran > Seismitoad as the team is very MSab stall weak and Latias mostly covers what Seismitoad is supposed to anyway.
HP Electric > HP Ice on Keldeo allows it to pick off weakened BD Azu
The next round should be starting shortly, so keep a look out for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)