If you're to use body press, wouldn't it be better if you put the dump evs in Defense?Top 5 Birds of Gen8
With the nerf of Talonflame in Gen6, the Bird sub-typing took a major drop in viability in Gen7. But despite the loss of Zapdos, Birds are back and better than ever in Gen8. The introduction of Corviknight is the most obvious but also some previously nonviable mons may turn out to find a niche or even be high up the tier list due to all the changes taken place.
Corviknight @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
- Body Press
- Iron Head
- Brave BirdCorviknight is a physical steel/flying attacker who I expect will fill the fairy resist and check role on many teams. He has decent bulk and attack, but clearly its best attribute is access to the new ability Mirror Armor which bounce back stat lowering effects. This means it is immune to intimidate and lowers the attack of intimidators.
Details on the sample set:
Meant to be used as a Max-Attacker. Brave Bird boosts speed, after 2 speed boosts you outrun max speed Dragapult. Body Press would be the second most common Max-Attack to raise its Attack stat.
Using max HP to get the most out of Maxing and Avest to take fire and electric type attacks. Attack EVs are a dump.
Pelipper @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- U-turnWith Char-Y gone, Pelipper seems to be easily the top weather setter. There are plenty of great Swift Swimmers to take advantage of Rain including new ones Barraskewda and Drednaw
The sample set is the same set commonly used it gen7, you could also use Damp Rock and/or move some of the Speed EV into HP
Braviary (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- ProtectBraviary is a powerful all out attacker. Its used similarly to Corviknight as a Max attacker with flying and fighting moves but with more power at the expensive of less bulk.
Sample set is curtosy of GenOne , he says "Max HP makes it impossible to kill when dynamaxed. And you can just pick up speed with Max Airstrike along the way"
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Limber / Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- ProtectHawlucha is another Bird taking advantage of Fighting and Flying max moves. Its is not able to ignore intimidate but its access to Thunder Punch gives a niche role as a Gyarados check. Its naturally high Speed means you do not need to invest much EVs, and Limber is a nice ability for a mon that likes to go fast.
The Sample Set Speed EVs allow you to outrun max speed Gyarados. Max HP is to make the most of the 2x HP boost from maxing, dumped the remaining EVs into Attack.
Togekiss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 80 SpD / 60 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Fire BlastTogekiss got a nerf in gen8 as it no longer can learn Tailwind. How ever it is probably the best redirection support. It still has access to Thunder Wave so can provide speed control and prevent what is paralyzed from moving by Air Slashing it.
With Fire Blast it can 2HKO a Copperajah with 252Hp/4SpD.
It lives a Copperajah Iron Head and can live a -1 Life Orb boosted Copperajah Iron Head. Dump into SpD
Helping Hand and Life Dew are other options