Metagame np: SS DOU Stage 4: It's Bugsnax! | Volcarona Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

1david12

I COULD BE BANNED!
Not one of you got the point I made up until now... You all are speaking on it but not getting it. The mere fact that the ENTIRE Meta has to consider a singular move makes it broken and warrants suspect... My play style is winning in 5-10 turns using raw power (sweeping), not playing until turn 50. After 3 games playing 50 turns, I'd be exhausted... I'd much rather play 10 games in the same time than play until turn 50 and still lose... That makes no sense... I should not have to Throw Incineroar or Rillaboom or Imprison Mew on my team for the sole purpose of stopping Trick Room then they have little to no utility otherwise... This is my point... The mere fact we have to dedicate an entire Pokemon for countering a single move means it's broken... Now I have no idea if the guy who replied first read and understood my comment but I really think he should do so.

Let me show you the difference:

1. Indeedee /w Psychic Surge is popular, but needs no dedicated Pokemon to counter it even if you have Fake Out/Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak/Prankster Pokemon on your team... As most times you can still easily work around this without feeling crippled or having to completely prepare for it...

2. Whimsicott /w Prankster & Tailwind is also popular and is virtually unstoppable to counter yet it doesn't completely cripple your team when playing vs it and you don't even need to prepare for it to win against it

3. Drought + Chlorophyll Pokemon/Heat Wave spammers are common but you still don't need to prepare for it to properly deal with it in game

Now with Trick Room, you HAVE to consider it or else you will definitely lose... You have to consider having bulky Pokemon, have to consider sacrificing 1 move slot per Pokemon for Protect/Wide Guard/Taunt/Trick Room, have to consider having slow Pokemon able to spam as well or hit back hard... Indeedee + Hatterene is unplayable really, my best bet was a Life Orbed Chandelure using Heat Wave first turn and a Life Orbed Lycanroc-Dusk using Rock Slide in first turn and Hatterene still doesn't die, we have to bet on getting Critical or flinching Hatterene... That makes no sense yo!!! Lycanroc and Chandelure have two of the highest offensive stats in doubles OU yet they have to depend on luck to counter a single move or the entire team has to prepare to be attacked with little to no response... Focus Sashes are pointless, Dark types are pointless as Hatterene still has Fairy type and its moves and AOE dark types are super weak, won't even speak about Ghost types here and Bug types are virtually non-existent as they are so squishy (pun intended)...

I think I've properly laid out reasons why Trick Room should finally fall suspect and get nerfed or banned (regardless of the current arsenal of available Pokemon)

Alright I'll humor you, although since you seem to have completely ignored YoBuddy's excellent response I don't know how useful this will be.
My play style is winning in 5-10 turns using raw power (sweeping), not playing until turn 50.
This makes no sense: it's literally the same as saying "my playstile is running no fire resists" and then clamoring for a sun ban. If the way you want to play pokemon is running 6 frail mons and just click click click your way to victory you are free to do so, but don't come calling for a trick room ban when the tier clearly has plenty of tools for both offense and balance alike to deal with trick room, some of which you can see in the replays YoBuddy provided you with (did you even watch them? The first one literally lasts 10 turns, which, according to you, is the ideal length of a game).

I should not have to Throw Incineroar or Rillaboom or Imprison Mew on my team for the sole purpose of stopping Trick Room then they have little to no utility otherwise
Little to no utility otherwise? Aside from imprison mew, which is admittedly a very niche set that imo should only be run if your team has 0 trick room match up, the other two are perfectly viable regardless of trick room being in the tier, rillaboom is even tier 1 in the viability rankings thanks to how versatile and useful it is. Safety goggles tyranitar is another fantastic way to deal with trick room, while also being good vs sun and enabling excadrill. You should also consider using protect/fake out which, again, are staple moves in doubles regardless of trick room.
This, I feel, is the key take-away point from YoBuddy's post: you should not run those pokemon/moves to, in your words "dedicate an entire Pokemon for countering a single move", you run them because they are good pokemon that match up well against a variety of threats, including trick room/they are strong moves with a lot of utility besides dealing with trick room.

The only reason we should consider banning trick room is if it forced teams (and I mean good teams) to go out of their way to deal with it, say if every team was forced to run safety goggles+dragon tail duraludon, which is a set that has no use outside of countering trick room teams, but since that is not the case and the tools we have to check trick room are plentiful and varied I doubt we'll see a trick room suspect soon.

That being said, if you need further convincing I really suggest that you take a look at more replays from tournaments (both fall seasonal and snake draft are ongoing right now) to see how good players with well-crafted teams deal with trick room.

Anyways...

dlc is about to drop. What currently is the councils stance on freeing everything that was banned (except melmetal, dmax, and that other steel fairy mon)

Beat up was banned prematurely and the arguments were about how dynamax made it so fake out can’t stop it from setting up.

Volcarona lol nuff said. If you think it’s still ban worthy after all the power creep that is coming you’re crazy.

Urshfu with all the guardians back don’t really think a dark fighting mon would be that hard to deal with

kyerum should have never been quick banned in the first dam place

Is everything getting freed on release what’s going on? Suspects to reintroduce ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)