Announcement np: SS OU Suspect Process, Round 4 - Fish Out of Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seismitoad is literally the most passive mon there is. It just clicks rocks + knock off/toxic/scald, people pretend like Seismitoad is just as unswitchable to as Vish itself holy shit lmao. If toad gets it's Leftovers knocked off, it won't survive for long against the Vish because you can chip it with Crunch/PFangs, U-turners or just straight up give it a bad time with mons like Conk, Zeraora, Aegislash, Kyurem and much more.

Stop pretending Dracovish can only be played in this team. This is not 1v1 meta, this is 6v6 where switching is allowed.. This ain't even a meme, I've seen people discuss things like "yEaH bUt I gOt A sEiSmItOaD aNd PeX sO iT's NoT bRoKeN"

Dracovish is literally anything but prediction reliant. Unless the opponent has Seismitoad, you just press Fishous Rend on anything, and something is dying. And even if they do have Seismitoad, you can press Fishous Rend anyway. At worst you are just facing a Seismitoad who you can easily switch out of, and at best you get a free kill.

Also, please define what you mean by "easily switch in"
252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 291-342 (89.5 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
"Prediction reliant" my ass. The moment your opponent switches Dracovish in, you either sac a mon or send in Seismitoad. Regardless of your choice, the Dracovish user will probably click Fishious Rend regardless, or, in the case that he/she is aware of the Water Absorb mon, click Outrage. A "safe" switch-in is completely out of the question.

That said, an opposing Dracovish can actually tank a Fishious Rend really well, but then there's Outrage . . . and we all know how that's going to end.

That said, an opposing Dracovish can actually tank a Fishious Rend really well, but then there's Outrage . . . and we all know how that's going to end.
To be fair we all know that ends up with Clefable/Dragapult being switched in. Outrage is just there to fill the moveslot but technically you only need 3 moves at Vish. Outrage doesn't make the Vish broken or anything, it's literally just Fisheous Rend. You click that move and just inshallah for the KO.

Since voting probably starts soon, I will be stating my opinion on this ancient fish. I, without a doubt, am also on the bargin of banning Dracovish. From the start, Dracovish has slowly been getting recognition. Even with it's drawbacks, such as it's low speed making it a "hit and run" Pokemon more than an actual sweeper, it is possibly one of the best breakers that has intrigued the OU metagame.
Regardless of what Pokemon you use to stop Dracovish from breaking apart your team, whether it be a Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Seismitoad or some other unviable Pokemon or water absorber, there is no denial that Dracovish potentionally limits and restricts teambuilding. If Dracovish gets an advantage over your Pokemon, you will either have to sack it or switch into a check only to possibly get hit with chipped damage. As Dracovish only usually relies on clicking Fishious Rend, it can always suddenly predict your switches at the same time.

Not to mention that Dracovish is completely viable in the Ubers metagame as well, with and without rain. This can, in my opinion, further increase it's chances of moving up. Now, the difference between Choice Scarf and Choice Band gives off different perspectives of this Pokémon. Choice Scarf is just used to help outspeed a higher number of Pokémon, whilst Choice Band is an overall better breaker who sacrifices its speed. I will say that I highly prefer Choice Band over Choice Scarf, as it is what Dracovish is supposed to be; powerful. If you can't outspeed a Pokémon and kill it, then you should probably just switch out, hence why I call it the "hit and run" Pokémon.

Not much else to say as lots of people have already been discussing in this thread lol, but I saw some good stuff. BTW, using Freeze Dry Kyurem on Dracovish actually seems skeptical, as it is unexpected whether it's scarf or banded (unless you figure it out during the battle, of course.)

`
New players who have less experience would struggle against dracovish but smart players could easily toy with it specially as it is prediction reliant.
I used the dracovish , I outplayed the shit out of the kid because I can but that doesn't mean dracovish is broken...
You both seem to lack an understanding of how any pokemon or pokemon mechanic should be judged and instead want to focus on making it known that, in your opinions, you are good players. Maybe you're only ever on low ladder and so you only play 'bad' players, but when making decisions about bans you should assume in all scenarios that your opponent is competent and knows what they're doing. In fact you should assume they don't make a single misplay.

Praying that you play someone new and inexperienced is not counterplay, and telling us that you outplayed some rando on the ladder (without even putting a replay) is not counterplay. If something is even raised as a suspect, its safe to assume that far better players than you, who play against equally better players than you, have trouble with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)