np: SS UU Stage 13.37 - Sandstorm (Tyranitar + Excadrill Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
is this a aprils fools joke or...i cant tell

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Reactions: TMM
got my reqs with a 28-2 record, sand seems underwhelming I'm definitely gonna vote unban

here is the team i used: https://pokepast.es/a4dc34f2b86027ee

will edit this with a more in depth opinion on sand later
Hi,

I'm going to an official Rate My Team of this team instead of the many UU teams in the actual RMT forum that need rating:

First off, the team is bad. Let me go one by one:

:ss/Mamoswine:

If you're going to use Mamoswine, it's pretty stupid not to put Rocks on it. Trying to pretend that Gigalith is a good rocker is foolish - Gigalith's only worth is to set 8 turns of Sand and explode. I recommend axing Earthquake and instead using that slot for Rocks. Earthquake isn't really needed in the Bulu meta anyways.

-

:ss/Gigalith:

As mentioned above, the only use for this is to set sand and explode. I fixed the set to something that better reflects this:
Gigalith @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sandstorm
- Explosion
- Rest
- Stomping Tantrum
The main perk of this set is to use Rest at full HP or Sandstorm in Sand, causing it to fail, and then strike with the double powered Stomping Tantrum. Way better than whatever it was that you had (I don't remember)

:ss/Roserade: :ss/Milotic:

This Roserade I think is perfect it seems to do its job better than anything else in the tier, so I wouldn't change it for anything. Milotic though is set to rise to OU tomorrow, so I wouldn't bother using it here. Use something similar that does its job just as well, such as Escavalier. You're a smart guy so I'm sure you can figure out the set to use.

Let me skip to some overall points now:

:ss/Crabominable:
The team is incredibly weak to Crabominable, especially with Alolan Exeggutor Trick Room support. Crabominable OHKO's Mamo, Gigalith, Roserade, Cobalion, and Noivern with STAB moves. You should have picked up on this when you were building, as I am certain Crabominable will be a premier UU threat in 2022 once it is released. Seems silly to make a team now that won't stack up then.

To solve this problem, you can simply swap out Noivern for something more reasonable like Araquanid. I think that's something that you like, so I optimized the set for you:

:ss/Araquanid:
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sticky Web

At max defense, Crabominable is never a problem. The 12 Spe is to outspeed 0 speed invest Crab. You can also lay down webs to outpace the opposing sand rush teams that will come up since this is likely getting unbanned with this test. Check out the calcs:
0 Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Crabominable: 169-201 (42.4 - 50.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
4+ Atk Iron Fist Crabominable Thunder Punch vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Araquanid: 138-164 (40.8 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Once these changes are made, your new team should look like this: https://pokepast.es/9404611048a884cc

Good luck!!

For peoPle that cOmplaining why you Guys!1!!!!11 dont use GalARıAN bOWSER

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

lEARN tO pLAY The Gmae IdıOtS

ok guys you wanna hear a good april fool's joke?

ou taking fucking BISHARP from us as well as our top 3 mons and giving us a major fucking broken in return :psysad:

at least we finally got buzzwole back

and moltres! moltres is sick!

still no swampert, dragonite, urshifu-rapid, or mandibuzz though... :fukyu:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
i cant tell if its an april fools day joke since unlike ou's blatantly obvious attempt this actually seem semiserious

also with latias banned what is this place going to do with latios?

check what tier ttar and excadrill are currently in and I think your first question will be answered

as for latios, it finna boutta be quickbanned
For testing something into UU, the tier they are in remains unchanged. For example, Aegislash was still UUBL during the last suspect until it ended, so if they are testing TTar and Excadrill into UU, they will remain as "OU" until the end of the suspect. Also, there's a special UU Suspect Ladder in PS atm that lets you use TTar and Excadrill. I'm excited for this new change.

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Blacephalon:

imagine trying to drop two relatively decent pokemon to OU...

seriously I think that this is actually a joke, i don't think anyone with 1 drop of IQ would vote Unban on these two

yeah no I have a feeling this just evaporates the metagame with its mere existence

ESPECIALLY with Sand around too
120+ Atk Life Orb Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Buzzwole: 175-208 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Shit mon cant ohko buzzwole, we also have god av tang inmediately give us the funny mole and the sand

120+ Atk Life Orb Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Buzzwole: 175-208 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Shit mon cant ohko buzzwole, we also have god av tang inmediately give us the funny mole and the sand
i can see something wrong with that calc here

you're not running 252+ attack on that Dracozolt

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader

my thoughts exactly, also does anyone else here plan on building rain when the drops happen

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Earned reqs by subbing to vivalospride and ringing the bell so i gotta give my thoughts

they lose to tang ggez

Now for what i really want to talk about....
Pokemon Bans!

And I, Detective FF, shall be your host on this day.
There are two pokemon that I believe should be banned. Now before you start clickety-clacking at your keyboards demanding for my blood, I want to say the following. I am not banning these pokemon because they are broken. Nopenopenope. In a Tyranitar meta? Absolutely not! Fighting coverage? Pfft who runs that? I want to ban them because they are CRIMINALS. FILTHY STINKIN CRIMINALS.

:bw/alakazam:
I mean LOOK at Alakazam! It’s bulging head, its snoopy nose, its terrible sense of mustache taste, it’s already an affront to our beautiful society. But the WORST PART?

He’s not even wearing any PANTS! He’s just walking around in public like that! There are CHILDREN that play this metagame, yknow!
Absolutely disgusting how our tier leaders still allow a perverted criminal to walk amongst these streets. Injustice, i say! Injustice!

:bw/latios:
Now Latios may not be accused of indecent exposure, but! That does not excuse him for his crimes! Or should I say...her?

That’s right, my fellow UUers, what you notice here is not loyal balanced citizen Latios! But rather....a LATIAS DISGUISED AS A LATIOS! Now, you may claim that they are completely different pokemon, but that just doesn’t click with me!

Latias clearly wanted revenge on UU for removing her and rendering her unviable for the rest of the generation...so she made the perfect disguise in order to seek vengeance! Her twin brother was bound to drop here ever since people realized that all the “ghost resists” in the tier were either a single spdef drop away from losing/easy u-turn bait for the superior Dragapult. So as such, nobody used Latios. The perfect cover for a surprise revenge.
But wait, there’s more! Ever since the beginning of SS CT OU, Latios had always recieved more praise for being a better pokemon, which clearly must have struck a nerve with Latias, who had nowhere to go. So, she must’ve been plotting a way to get back at him for once. And what better wya than to disguise herself as him so she could wreak havoc once more, and once the officials found out, she’d pin the blame on her brother! That was how she’d get even with him.

And there you have it. Evidence of jealousy, revenge, and dangerous criminals who don’t wear pants.
I’ll see to it that these two are locked up immediately. Especially after Officer SlowKing has gotten a promotion at another tier, and won’t be here to handle the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)