np SS UU Stage 2 - Here Comes The Sun (Gyarados & Primarina BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Death-Dracozolt.png

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 262-310 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 274-324 (84.5 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 259-306 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
View attachment 221190
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 262-310 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 274-324 (84.5 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Dracozolt Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 259-306 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Wins 100% of the time, 80% of the time

I'm just going to say I'm concerned about Dracozolt [Bolt Beak wrecks everything that isn't Ground] and what Bolt Beak dosen't ruin is wrecked by Outrage.

About the only thing that can probobly handle Dracozolt's STAB combo is Steelix.

Likewise; Galarian-Corsola is going to be a pain and might be a bit too hard to break. Of course, the banned trio that all went up to OU anyway would all have been good Corsola answers.

Corsola is going to suffer from the release of home in a week and a lot of mons (presumably) getting knock off back. It also still has the same problems it has in OU, lack of useful resistances and being complete fodder for anything with 101 hp subs.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Likewise; Galarian-Corsola is going to be a pain and might be a bit too hard to break. Of course, the banned trio that all went up to OU anyway would all have been good Corsola answers.
nah, corsola has a lot of flaws. it's very weak to hazards, and while this may be remedied by wider defog distribution post-home, it'll also have to deal with the fact that a lot of things are getting knock back (for uu mamoswine and golisopod are probably the most relevant ones since they both get checked by corsola otherwise). it'll also have to deal with toxic on random mons, which completely ruins it, especially with clerics being practically gone. being reliant on strength sap means that certain mons won't give u much in the way of recovery. also, trick is still a common move and ruins corsola even more than most walls. this is without mentioning that anything with recovery can sit on it for days, it struggles to get rocks up vs magic bouncers, it's taunt bait, etc. honestly doubt this thing will even be particularly good, if stall becomes unexpectedly great i can see it having a good niche in uu but i feel it's a little too passive for the kind of team that's common in uu right now

I know everyone is lowkey freaking out about the introduction of Dracozolt, but I have to say I'm cautiously optimistic about Zolt's impact on the meta. Bolt Beak is incredibly threatening as a STAB option that hits a lot of the bulky waters (Milotic hem hem) in the meta, but at the same time, there are definitely viable ground types in the tier that could switch into Beak. Also, I think forgetting how exploitable Outrage is as a STAB move, and with the prevalence of fairies in the tier such as G Weezing, playing around this mon could be easier than meets the eye. If I had to guess, Zolt is going to add its name to the billions of other threatening wallbreakers we have in this tier (Hax, Sirfetchd, Diggersby, etc) but I haven't played yet, so its possible this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Brief thoughts on the shifts:
- RIP Rotom-Mow, you will be missed.
- Not too surprised about either rise honestly, Cloyster's been gaining traction in OU lately with some scummy King's Rock set and Rotom-Mow is a great check to the Seismitoad and other Water absorbers roaming OU. Haven't used Cloyster so IDK what it was like in UU.
- Dracozolt is legitimately scary, even if Hustle can screw you over at times. STAB max power Hustle Bolt Beak is no joke.
- Corsola-G is like Blissey from last gen: bulky as hell with great support moves, but incredibly passive.
- Slowpoke-G is... a thing, I guess. Don't use this; just let it drop to RU... where it'll be just as useless.
- STOP. USING. COALOSSAL.

please stop using coalossal so i can try to use it in a bad nu niche thx xoxo /s

of the two, dracozolt will probabily make more impact on the meta, i feel like, but hustle + decent ground/fairy coverage does make things harder. I'm interessed in seeing what it can do without being cucked by dugtrio though. Fun pokemon to use!

I'll admit im still learning about uu, but does g corsola fit well in any kind of team rn? I haven't seen most of the stall options yet (because I'm a fool)

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
It's been a couple of days since usages drop and we got Corsola-Galar and Dracozolt. Obviously, I'm not gonna talk about the first one since it's in my opinion a pretty mediocre mon in the current metagame. It can set Stealth Rock and handle some hits but overall Corsola-Galar is just decent... The Pokemon I would like to talk about is a bit more controversial in my opinion and it's Dracozolt !

I've been reading some people on discord and on the UU showdown! room who talked about this Pokemon and I've been kinda shocked to see that some people thought that Dracozolt is meh. While I agree with the fact that Hustle is at the same time a bless and a curse for Dracozolt,.. I do believe it's more a huge benefit for this Pokemon which has a pretty mediocre attack. The main issue I have with Dracozolt is that it forces people to run a Ground-type in every team if you don't want it to freely spam Bolt Beak (which is a dumb move not gonna lie). Some people may say that even before, Ground-types were great so it's not that much of an issue to have one of them in a team and I agree to a certain extent with that.. Yes Ground-types were great before but now they are a necessity. You can't run something like a Dragon-type or a Grass-type in order to deal with Dracozolt because those Pokemon get burst by Dracozolt's Bolt Beak. On the other hand, people have to run a Fairy-type in their team if they don't want to be shredded by Dracozolt's Outrage / Dragon Claw. It was also a thing before in order to deal with mons like Haxorus but I feel like it's even worse now.. Even within Ground-types, there is in my opinion only one really good answer to Dracozolt which is Hippowdon since it can heal itself. In the long run, most Ground-types are weakened with ease and can't check reliably Dracozolt. Most of the time when I've faced Dracozolt, I had to force it to lock itself into Outrage in order to revenge kill it with a Fairy-types and that's lame as fuck. Dracozolt forces a ton of 50/50 and those 50/50 are way more punitive for the player who faces Dracozolt than the one who's playing with it. It's also important to mention that even if Choice Band Dracozolt is great, it's not its only set ! Choice Scarf Dracozolt can act as a insanely nice tool in order to remove faster threats (like bulky Noivern or Roserade which are OHKOed by Jolly Scarf Bolt Beak) while Sub Dracozolt is able to punish players which would like to play around it by switching... In my opinion Dracozolt is a Pokemon which impacts in a really bad way the current tier and the teambuilding and it's not a good thing at all. Obviously its lack of accuracy due to Hustle may seem sufficient to keep it from being an absolute nightmare but I still think that even with its lack of accuracy, this Pokemon is an issue.

Last edited:
It's only been a few days, but how have people found Dracozolt and Corsola now that there's been a bit of time to experiment? I've felt like Dracozolt suffers from/causes a lot of the same issues Dracovish does in OU. He's got a few sets that can force the opponent to make a bit of guesswork, like Scarf, Band or Sub, but each one comes makes it a bit pidgenholed. Band can theoretically let it beat it's counters, but being locked into bolt beak or Outrage gives the opponent a free switch into their immunity, and base 75 speed is just not good, especially for a mon who's most powerful attack requires it to go first. Sub LO can be scary since it can still beat it's main checks under a sub, but I haven't really experimented with it yet.

252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 208-246 (52.7 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 286-337 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hustle Dracozolt Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 224-265 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Scarf has been what I've used the most and I've found a bit of success with it but the game really comes down to playing around their defensive walls or immunities, but if you can take out one of them it can free you up for spamming bolt beak or outrage, and lategame it can still be a decent cleaner. Generally I haven't found Zolt to be super impressive as a wallbreaker since a lot of people are prepping for him, but it can also be seen as a problem that you need to prep a lot in the teambuilder to not get 6-0d, although maybe not as heavily since you just need type immunities and not an absorbing ability.

I think I've only seen one Corsola and it did nothing so can't really say much about that.

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Imo Zolt needs to go.
I like to compare it to Crawdaunt. Its STABs may not be as spammable as the ones from Daunt but the damage output is just huge. In order to get rid of Lugg Daunt needed to Knock Off its Heavy-Duty Boots and then hit it while its switching in on rocks with CC. They both are pretty slow (Daunt being a freaking snail) but the potential of wall-breaking is so impressive that you really have to build around it. It even has the bulk to live most neutral hits.
Also, why are people using EQ? Wouldn't Low Kick do more damage to Lix? Maybe just because Ground has better coverage.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
while “having to run a ground” kinda sounds bad on paper, I don’t think it’s really that big of an issue in practice. 3/4 of the viable rockers in this meta are grounds anyways (rhyp, mamo, hippo) and all 3 are pretty viable checks to zolt in their own right. from there, 75 isn’t that great of a speed tier in this offensive meta and scarf has trouble playing around some of the better bulky pivots in the tier, especially when running the aforementioned grounds. all-in-all I think zolt is a pretty great mon in the meta but that’s about it, nothing game breaking.

I haven't played many games with Galarian Corsola compared to Dracozolt but I think it's ok. As a physical wall it can check a decent amount of threats such as Golisopod, Mamoswine, and to an extent Durant that we otherwise lack a number of responses to; however, as a Fighting check, it's not all that great at taking most of them on. The only Fighting-types it isn't afraid of are Toxicroak and Bewear. It's a decent SD Lucario check but given Lucario's versatility of being able to run NP sets or even Crunch on SD makes Corsola an inconsistent response. Pangoro beats it for obvious reasons and Machamp doesn't care about Hex and proceeds to Knock its Eviolite. Corsola is also overtly passive in such an offensive meta, which really hurts its viability in my eyes. Something else to keep in mind is that when Home drops everything is going to get Knock Off and Toxic back so Corsola is going to take a big hit here. Overall, I'd say it isn't going to affect the tier all that much but at least we have another rocker to use.

I've spammed quite a few games of Zolt and I think it's just one of those Mons that people automatically assumed would be broken, similar to Barraskweda dropping last month. I've just found that Zolt is so overly reliant on Bolt Beak to break past common defensive cores because otherwise it is relying on a 100 bp Attack stat (+Hustle). I agree with fatty in the fact that having to run a Ground-type isn't difficult to do when all our best rockers are Ground-types and are good responses to it, which I've found makes it pretty reliant on Outrage or Dragon Claw. Dracozolt has a really mediocre Speed stat of 75, which a vast majority of Pokemon take advantage of and prevent the Zolt user from getting that guaranteed 185 bp Bolt Beak. Against a lot of bulkier teams, it really isn't all the simple for Zolt to just click buttons, as it is very prediction reliant for this Mon to just plow through teams. This mainly stems from all of its viable sets having a good degree of flaws to them.

CB may hit like a truck against a majority of the tier but it is really easy to take advantage of the predictability of its choice lock and low Speed stat. I don't know about others but I personally run Protect on a lot more things as of late, not solely for Zolt but to deal with all the strong breakers and priority from the likes Sirfetch'd, Gardevoir, CB Haxorus, Golisopod etc. which is something I think people should be more open to, to not give up so much momentum to them. There is some difficulty that stems from distinguishing between CB and Scarf Zolt especially if Bolt Beak drops something that doesn't resist it, but this is something you can determine as the game plays out or from preview. Scarf Zolt is also pretty underwhelming outside of clicking Bolt Beak because that's literally where the source of its dmg comes from and this seems like the only reason you would ever opt for the item than wanting to run it as a dedicated revenge killer? I've used a decent amount of Sub Zolt, which makes up for the low Speed stat without forcing it to lock into a move, but again it is very reliant on Bolt Beak and the moment Leftovers are revealed then it isn't incredibly hard to play around it.

Dracozolt's potential definitely shines more against offense teams as they have fewer switch-ins but this does increase the likelihood of there being more offensive threats you are outsped by. I can agree with the sentiment that the need for a Fairy-type can be restricting but bulky Steel-types can also help with its secondary coverage also. I've found it doesn't easily switch into many things for free either, for instance every bulky Water-type is running Ice Beam and it being a physical Electric-type means it can't just ignore the factor of being burned by Scald. This post probably sounds like I'm underselling it, but I just want to get my point across because I think it's a good and nonproblematic addition to the tier. I definitely think it's a great wallbreaker that probably falls under A- or A if I were to rank it on the vr. However, I think the best way to describe this Mon is being a one-trick pony that literally only wants to press 185 bp Bolt Beaks but realistically this just isn't possible. Hustle also sucks.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
:dracozolt:

Wanted to touch on Zolt a bit more. The first few days, I actually thought it was a bit overrated. As scary as it is, wallbreaker sets (both CB and Sub) really didn’t feel like they stood out that much compared to other top breakers like Haxorus, Gardevoir and Sirfetch’d. On paper it’s even more dangerous than any of those, but all three have some distinct advantages over Zolt that keep them from being totally outclassed.

Then I started using Scarf sets and damn, that made a hell of a difference. It’s still an effective breaker, except now it also has 409 Speed and the ability to punch through key foes like Noivern that threaten out the breaker sets. After seeing Estarossa run a Scarf set with Draco Meteor last so that you can revenge things without fear of a Hustle miss I’ve taken to doing the same, and it’s really excellent. It can clean, it still breaks common defensive cores (things like Milo and Noivern get completely obliterated, and you can even OHKO max HP Geezing), etc. The main thing you lose out on is the ability to “reliably” break Hippo, but you end up with something that is really threatening to both offense and balance alike.

In particular I’ve been enjoying the combo of Golisopod + Scarf Zolt. Golis is great against fat grounds, can set Spikes to help Zolt clean and can get Zolt in safely via Emergency Exit. Zolt meanwhile is really excellent against the fliers, especially Noivern, that tend to check Golis.

Anyhow, I’ll keep playing with it, but after messing around with Scarf sets a lot over the past 24 hours I’m finding myself a lot more concerned about its presence than I was when it first dropped.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I peaked #1 from laddering sessions while waiting for buses so I decided to share some of my thoughts on some Pokemon and share the main teams I used.

Dracozolt @ Leftovers
Ability: Hustle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Low Kick

This is the Dracozolt set I've been using and it's been extremely good. The combination of Substitute + Leftovers grants Dracozolt with longevity that is extremely effective because what most players do is try to scout around it, which gives Dracozolt more rounds of Leftovers recovery. On top of that, playing around Dracozolt becomes almost impossible for the opponent without having to let it kill or severely damage at least one Pokemon.

Electric + Dragon + Fighting coverage gives Dracozolt perfect coverage against the tier's viable Pokemon, with Low Kick being extremely useful for 2HKOing Ground-types like Rhyperior (guaranteed after SR) and Diggersby without having to be locked into Outrage.

As for Dracozolt's impact on the metagame, I like the fact that it makes it so bulky Water-types aren't as braindead-to-use like priorly to the tiers shift, but that will probably change anyway to some extent because Toxic is expected to be widely distributed after Home drops.

I don't have a clear opinion on if Dracozolt's too much for the metagame, but I do know that I don't think choice sets bring Dracozolt to its fullest potential.

Mantine @ Metronome
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Substitute

I might regret posting this set later because it's pretty satanic but whatever. I saw someone using it on the ladder and I decided to try it for myself and it's been really good and in fact, it might be the best Mantine set because Vaporeon and Milotic mostly outclass it in purely defensive sets, at least until when Mantine gets Defog.

Mantine comes in on every annoying bulky Water-types and even on passive Pokemon like Umbreon, sets up a Substitute and ruins your opponent's day.

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock

People have been using Duraludon for their suicide-SR setter on Offense as if this boy doesn't exist. It will pretty much get SR up on almost every situation and mostly even severely damage a Pokemon in your opponent's team, if not get a kill.

Rotom-Frost @ Salac Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

I saw vivalospride using something similar but without Salac Berry because he is bad. It hits a very good speed tier at +1 and it destroys stall because Umbreon's Foul Play never breaks its Substitute.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1059367531-pnfahzde91g9dz9dps2erux1l0uoxe6pw

Dracozolt @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Low Kick

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Haze

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Strange Steam
- Defog
- Fire Blast

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Taunt

Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Giga Drain

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- First Impression

Rotom-Frost @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
Hi, esteemed uu councillor and ladder flamer yeezy k here with a message for all you jive turkeys

Dracozolt is broken

Like, even on paper when it first dropped it seemed broken because of bolt beak calcs. It's a mon with a decent speed tier that 2hkos the meta. Obviously hustle makes it less worrisome in practice but after playing a fair amount of games on ladder it really opened my eyes as to just how unhealthy and frankly aggravating to play this mon truly is.

I've seen four core sets, all of which I think are unhealthy

CB: 2HKOs the meta with the right prediction, practically necessitates one of hippo+weez-g/another viable fairy on your team, can OHKO weez-g and 2hko hippo regardless. broken asf

Scarf: Outspeeds+lures tons of most that could typically creep and kill zolt, menace for BO to play, essentially cleans any even moderately chipped variant of BO/offense/balance. broken asf

Sub+lefties (credits misa): scouts the scout, 2hkos the according switchin of literally every mon unless it's fully physdef hippo. broken asf

Life orb: again, 2hkos hippo, OHKOs weezing g, OHKOs all other potential switch-ins. broken asf

As a whole, what dracozolt does is force an inherently unhealthy matrix of 50/50s vs your fairy and your ground type, and if you don't have one of the two, you're literally losing a mon to either bolt beak or outrage unless you somehow manage to fish a 1/5ths miss chance.

When this mon intially dropped it seemed busted on paper because of bolt beak calcs, but i think people softened on it initially because the mon's usage wasn't widespread. After running into dracozolt after dracozolt on ladder with a pretty competent team and constantly losing because I lost a 50/50 scout or my team wasn't healthy enough to endure a scarf zolt sweep is inordinately aggravating from a playing perspective. The only semi-reliable counterplay is literally max physdef hippowdon, which still loses to two of the four aforementioned sets. The fact that legitimately only one viable mon can serve as reliable counterplay is absurd, and I believe that this meta would be far healthier (even though its kinda wack) without dracozolt.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Good lead in, yeezyknows...

The UU council will be voting on Dracozolt! Backed by Hustle, Dracozolt's Bolt Beak is the strongest attack in the game. To put things into perspective, even without a boosting item, it hits neutral targets harder than LO Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent. This kind of power means that simply resisting it is not sufficient; any team that doesn't pack immunities will find it tearing through them in due course. It can also run a number of sets, including CB (which makes it capable of 2HKOing the entire tier), Scarf and Substitute. However, it is held back by Hustle's unreliable accuracy and a mediocre Speed that leaves non-Scarf sets easily revenge killed.

Despite its flaws, many members of the council feel that it is simply too much for UU. Therefore we will be holding a council vote. Council members will have until Sunday, February 9 at 9 PM EST to submit their votes. In the meantime, please provide your thoughts on Dracozolt in UU!

:Dracozolt:

Moutemoute

Error 404
Hey, I already made a post talking about Dracozolt and I'd like to complete it by talking about Sub Dracozolt I tested more in depth during the last few days. Like Amane Misa said, Sub Dracozolt takes advantage of players mindgame when they're facing Dracozol. Some players want to scout it with Protect while others try some doubles to play around and it's here that Sub Zolt shines the most by punishing those kind of plays. Sub Dracozolt is also super nasty to deal with Ground + Fairy core which otherwise check choice locked sets. Quick replay which shows how dumb Sub Zolt can be..

I also would like to clarify something I said in my last post when I talked about the fact that Dracozolt forces people to run a Ground-type.. I agree that I may have misspoken a little bit. I know most of our best Stealth Rock users are part Ground-type (Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Mamoswine) but what I was trying to say is that Dracozolt forces people to keep their Ground-type around if they don't want to let Dracozolt abuse of Bolt Beak but that's not easy at all because outside of Hippowdon which can stay healthy thanks to Slack Off, there isn't a single Ground-type which can both set Stealth Rock and heal itself. Even with some Wish support, Rhyperior struggles a lot to keep in check Dracozolt and it's even worst for Mamoswine. Of course there is a plenty of good Ground-types in UU which include Diggersby, Flygon or the ones mentionned above but let's be honest, Hippowdon is the only one which can check Dracozolt in the long run without too much support and even Hippowdon need to watch out for Choice Band or Life Orb Dracozolt which can 2HKO it with Outrage (and even more if it's not paired with a Fairy-type which could prevent Dracozolt to spam Outrage).

In my opinion, Dracozolt is way to nasty to play around between Choice Band, (Mixed) Choice Scarf, Sub + 3 attacks or Life Orb and it applies too much pressure on the teambuilding which restrain the possibilities of varied teams. With all that in mind, I'll be voting ban.

Btw heres two teams I've been using and I enjoyed them a lot. For the second one, the aim is to Trick the Ring Target on a Ground-type which allows Dracozolt to use Bolt Beak on them. I've been using Rotom to lure Ground-types but I also used Rotom-Fan or Manetric which is probably the best one but outside of this role it doesn't do as much as Rotom or Rotom-Fan. Both of them work so feel free to try them.

Vanilluxe @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard / Aurora Veil

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Dracozolt @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- First Impression

Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Claw / Nothing

Rotom @ Ring Target
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hex

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)