np: Stage 3 - Family Reunion ("This Is Why I Created" Remix)

Are we going to have to write six paragraphs at the end of this?
And yeah, SD Chomp is not even a threat right now, but maybe that's jsut because I crammed my team with suspects... but they're all so good :/
People's only switch into Skymin seems to be Lati@s, which boggles me since they're dead with a flinch. All the old counters (Heatran, Zapdos) aren't doing so well with three new Dragons on the scene.
Also, all the leads seem to be either Deoxys-S or something designed to beat it (like mine).

Hahaha that was a gimmick I started using, I didn't think it would be any good (I still don't think it is)

I find it kinda weird that teams are absolutely loaded with suspects--there are at least four in a team! Is this because of people's interpretations of the requirements--and if that's the case, do we have to run a team comprised primarily of suspects, or may we use multiple teams that contain various suspects?

Otherwise, I've found this to be not so bad in my brief experience. Interestingly, I've been using a team from the Latias suspect test which I have barely updated since then and it's doing great, although it has a huge SubSeed Skymin weak, it seems. Looks like I'm gonna have to invest in a Dragonite.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I tried putting my OU team into directly into this.

It didn't work. I can see why everyone was like CHOMP FOR UBERS.

Haven't seen much else yet. Only won 1 battle out of 4 thanks to luck.

Ah, the memories this brings back. I tried using my standard team in this... failed. It came close to beating a team comprised of all suspects though even though a crit sealed defeat for me. Pretty interesting.

I find it kinda weird that teams are absolutely loaded with suspects--there are at least four in a team! Is this because of people's interpretations of the requirements--and if that's the case, do we have to run a team comprised primarily of suspects, or may we use multiple teams that contain various suspects?

Otherwise, I've found this to be not so bad in my brief experience. Interestingly, I've been using a team from the Latias suspect test which I have barely updated since then and it's doing great, although it has a huge SubSeed Skymin weak, it seems. Looks like I'm gonna have to invest in a Dragonite.
I think we're using all the suspects because we can, really.
Also, that's the only way to get experience using all of them unless you want to build six teams.

Eh, I never liked SD Yache Chomp, and now I've been seeing them decline. I literally haven't seen a single SD Yache Chomp =/ Of all my battles, they've been either Scarf or Band, although I use SubSalac in order to screw over Skymin, Lati@s, etc...It's not as great as I thought it would be, due to all of these damn Metagross I keep seeing, and how offensive Deoxys-S are just running rampant. SubSeed Skymin is still pretty decent, Suicide D-S is still one of the top leads, and even with all these "Anti-DS leads running around" (Meta, Scizor, etc...) I still managed to get both Screens up like 90% of the team. Skymin leads are such obvious Scarfers, so I usually just switch-out to Bronzong, and begin setting stuff in motion. Latios is still it's nautrally powerful self. Manaphy is an ass, especially Subbers. I haven't seen any of those Rain Dancers, though potentially they could be a real menace =(

I don't really know, of all the suspects, the only one I can see being "clearly" uber is Deoxys-S. As a lead it's amazing, and it really hurts offensive based teams if Scizor / Metagross dies. And by hurts, I mean...obliterate =/

CB Brozong is amazing. With all the high speed, it 2HKO's most things with Gyro Ball. Also wins against Deoxys. Try it out!

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, well I did some testing today for about 2 hours using my upgraded hax team. People seem to think that triple dragon is cool, but hell, triple serene grace + parafusion is cooler. :D (I must be the only one not using a Dragon...)

Right now, the only suspects I'm using on my team are Deoxys-S and Skymin, I do plan to make other teams with the other suspects though.

Anyway, here are some of my observations so far:

- People are making teams that are loaded with suspects, but I seriously expect this to die down very soon. I suspect that people are just trying to get re-acquainted with the old suspects (and getting SEXP easier obviously). But people will probably start experimenting more.

- Garchomp is on every team I see, but honestly, it's not as overwhelming as it used to be (though I voted it OU before). As others have said, the Swords Dance set isn't nearly as good as it used to be, and this was the set that was truly broken back before it was a suspect. CB Scizor rips off 50% from Garchomp with Bullet Punch, so he's a lot easier to revenge-kill in that sense. The ChoiceChomp sets are still annoying though, as they switch into any Thunder Waves and land a big hit; however, it's not a daunting task to beat them IMO. The only thing I really hate about Garchomp is Sand Veil, but at least that requires a Sandstreamer.

So far, I believe that I have come across: SD YacheChomp, SubChomp, ScarfChomp

- Shaymin-S is one of the pokemon I use, and I used it a lot in the previous test too. They've actually been a lot more common than I thought they would, but I suppose they are the most important suspect here for SEXP. I've been seeing a lot of Scarfmin-S around, which is expected since they have the potential to beat DX-S leads. I've found Skymin to be an easy opponent though. When he uses Seed Flare or Earth Power, he turns into Scizor food, and frankly, he takes a lot of damage from neutral hits. I haven't seen any pull off the SubSeed strategy yet, because I use Encore Support Togekiss on my team, so they don't get a chance.

I personally use the Substitute version with Expert Belt, and it works very well at securing those OHKOs. I don't like Life Orb, since I like flinching the hell out of my opponent, and that doesn't work very well when you're losing 10% every turn.

So far I've seen: Scarfmin-S, LO Skymin, SubSeed Skymin
So far I've used: Submin-S

- Latios has shown up quite a bit in my battles, mostly of the Choice/LO variation, which is to be expected. It usually ended up being Scizor food for my team, but that Draco Meteor is extremely painful, and if I didn't have a Steel on my team I would've been toast. I didn't participate in the Latios test before, so this guy is new to me. He's not that difficult to kill/cripple, but he certainly does leave quite a mark before he goes down.

So far I've seen: Choice Specs Latios, Choice Scarf Latios, LO Latios

- Latias has been pretty much non-existent, and for the 2 or so battles that I did see it, it was just a worse Latios (LO version). I suspect that people will eventually find a way to differentiate the two, but for now, people don't seem to be changing their regular OU sets. Thus, I can't really comment much on it.

So far I've seen: LO Latias

- Manaphy has also been pretty much non-existent. I saw a couple of Tail Glow, and a couple of Calm Minders (I can only assume they were, whenever they subbed, I encored them). They were very poor against my team, since Skymin can rip Manaphy apart with Seed Flare, and is faster, plus it can't take on my Lanturn very well (obviously not every team has a Lanturn, so this is only my own opinion). I have yet to see a Crocune though, and I'm frankly surprised that there have been so few Rain Dance teams, since they could do very well against these suspects (especially ones with Kabutops since it rips all the suspects besides Manaphy itself a new one).

So far I've seen: LO Tail Glow Manaphy, Calm Mind Manaphy, Choice Scarf Manaphy

- Deoxys-S has been on pretty much every team I've faced. It's no doubt the #1 lead right now, and that should be obvious to anyone playing. Right now, I see the Spikes/Stealth Rock set a lot more than DS-DS. The Spikes/Stealth Rock set is just like any other suicide lead, Taunting the opposition and setting up hazards. However, the DS-DS set is actually quite annoying, since it's pretty much guaranteed to set up the screens unless the opposing lead is a ScarfGar/Scarfmin-S/opposing DX-S, and the opponent takes very little damage for 8 turns, giving many opportunities for setup. I saw one mixed sweeper, but my team has 3 members that are pretty much unfazed by it (Jirachi, Scizor, Lanturn), so it was easy to beat. I haven't seen a staller yet.

So far I've seen: Spikes/SR Lead, DS-DS Lead, LO DX-S

Anyway, those are my observations so far, but things may very well change, since it is the first day of the test.

I dunno why, but I haven't really been having problems with Deoxys-S leads so far, even though my team wasn't geared to take them on to begin with. It usually goes with my opponent using SR or, rarely, Taunting as my Jirachi U-Turns out of there, from which I can eliminate it with Heracross or something while they only set up one screen, and it's usually easy to continue on from there provided I don't give SD Garchomp a free switch in. Maybe it's my team, or maybe the opponents just aren't using it right, I dunno.

My first impressions.

Deoxys-E leads are everywhere and Scarf Shaymin leads are used to counter stuff like this.

Scarf Garchomp is what I mostly see atm, I'm thinking that this is because of the Lati@s.

Latias however is being overshadowed by her brother, Latios. As a matter of fact I haven't played one yet.

Latios is being used quite a lot. I've seen Scarfed versions to beat Shaymin-S I suppose and provide a good check.

Haven't seen many Manaphy yet. I think this is due to Shaymin-S being used a lot.

Shaymin-S is not really at all what people expect it to be. It's so frail and the Stealth Rock weakness imo make it seem a OU. The Hax is working against me though.

Surprisingly Heatran is mowing through a lot of Suspect teams. Scizor is being used a lot. Mamoswine seems to be really effective at revenge killing the Dragons and Shaymin-S,

I've been playing since the test started, and am really loving scarf Latios. Sure its pursuit bait, but only if its caught on the wrong move. Revenging Gyarados/Mence/Chomp/Skymin/Manaphy/SpecsLati@s has been invaluable. Chomp has been very underwhelming to me, thought maybe thats because SD is outsped by lati@s and skymin. Too early to make judgements though really, lets see what happens.

Noticing a lot of games come down to Deo V Deo Speed tie in the beginning, dual entry hazards is a huge help.

I tried putting my OU team into directly into this.

It didn't work. I can see why everyone was like CHOMP FOR UBERS.

Haven't seen much else yet. Only won 1 battle out of 4 thanks to luck.
That's probably because you're using hail + the clefa 3. As if you're going to learn anything from this test with that.

My first impression: Fire Punch Deoxys e is having a field day with cocky Scizors looking for a free Pursuit / U Turn. Also 3HKOs Metagross so it cant switch in too much.
That's exactly what ive been running.

Anyway. All Skymins ive seen have been scarfed with one being a subseeder which fails against my team. Chain flinches are annoying.

Garchomps have been generally scarved, only seen one yache, and i saw the infamous bright powder subchomp which i lost to due to untimely misses.

Lati@s- one latias which was scarved and lots and lots of specs latios. Draco Meteors hurt but easily killable. I run a scarf just like Hunt for revenge kill.

Deoxys-e-- not too bad since only one with fire punch was mine that ive seen. Scizor and Jirachi (and Lanturn) are very good switch ins. Scarfmin shuts down suicide leads as does T-tar which ive been using.

Manaphy- Only LO and one Calm mind. Not a threat to me, i never played with him in the suspect and he's been really underwhelming with all the fast dragons and skymin running around for revenge kills.

I like the metagame more, no stall from what ive seen

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
no stall from what ive seen
This. I've seen a couple defensive pokes (Skarm to counter Garchomp I guess, Hippo to set up SR and sand for chomp, etc.) but no full out stall teams.

Obviously Day1 doesn't mean that much but still.

For the battles I've managed to complete today, I will agree that Deoxys-E has been the opposing team's lead in nearly all of my battles, but my own lead is tailored to beat Deoxys-E extremely easily, so that only makes it better for me.

Garchomp has truly been underwhelming for me, as being one of the few users of SDYacheChomp. I haven't had many chances to pull off a sweep with this as Lati@s and Shaymin-S outspeed, and Scizor still deals a fair chunk with Bullet Punch. However, ScarfChomps appear to be the most effective set at the current moment.

Shaymin-S hasn't been too troublesome for me, as most of my Pokémon take its attacks with ease. So far, I'm only seen Scarfmin and maybe one or two Specs varients. I'm assuming the SubSeed set has not been tried out much.

Latios still remains a common Pokémon, and the ones I've encountered are either Specs'ed or LO'ed. Somewhat troublesome, but my team can handle it.

All of the other suspects have been rather unexistant. I ran into Manaphy maybe once, but it wasn't that much of a big deal. Latias has received little to no attention in the shadow of Latios.

Surprisingly the Pokemon which I find most annoying at the moment is Bronzong. It comes in and sets up screens or uses Hypnosis with relative impunity against the majority of the effective Pokemon in this metagame, including all of the suspects. The only Pokemon which had Fire STAB in the original OU were Infernape and Heatran, both of which are less effective overall in a metagame where they are constantly outsped and KO'd by the various suspects (except Scarftran, but 4 of the 6 suspects resist Fire and many Skymin have Scarf anyway, so he's still not much use in general); I've yet to find a suitable Pokemon which can take care of Bronzong while still functioning well against the rest of the metagame. You can't even set up on it because it will just Explode on you at the first hint of a set-up attempt.

My first feel of the metagame is that it's VERY fast paced. Since I haven't had a chance to write a good "first warstory" yet my eyes are always peeled for one, but so far I've noticed that games go so fast it's really impossible to get a warstory-worthy match going. Or maybe I just suck too much... but I still think it's fast.

I tried to combo dual-screen memento latios with SD garchomp, but it hasn't worked out very well so far. I feel like there are sooo few pokemon in the metagame right now. The suspects minus latias, and scizor seems to be just about the only pokemon I see. Overall I found it to not be very much fun.

Wow, variety.
For once, most teams arent stall based.
Garchomp isnt as much of a threat with 50% of its health being taken off by Scizor.
Shaymin-S feels really underwhelming to me, there's too much in the metagame which can stop its sweep really. The leads are easy to out-predict and counter, its only SubSeed SHaymin-S that's troublesome.

This metagame is brutal and sucks the big one... even Manaphy has fallen by the wayside.

Personally, I'm having serious trouble seeing shit like Shaymin-S and Specs Latios on the same team... which are taxing steels to oblivion.. also.. Latios + Latias isn't uncommon. Its almost like every match takes 20 turns and just a Draco Meteor + Shaymin fest...

As for team progression, my Rain Team that I had drafted up for Suspect was going to include Manaphy / Scarfchomp and a few swift swimmers, and was a rip off one of my old teams.. and i must say that rain in this metagame is EPIC FAIL. You would think it would be effective with the high speed, but shit like Scarf Shaymin-S and Deoxys-E are running around and not even the swift swimmers can beat them.

As for my old RaikouLover balance team of Yanmega / Heatran / Bronzong / Chomp / Jirachi / Gyarados... it actually is doing very well in this metagame (though I had to make a few adjustments rightfully so). So I will see how that progesses.

I've found it nearly impossible to run highly defensive balanced teams without a sturdy Steel like Metagross, and something to provide Dual Screen support, which is another annoying thing floating around all over the metagame. However, the Screens are needed to keep Latios from coming in and wrecking everything in sight with DM at the press of a button. While this hyper fast tempo certainly is a pleasant change for me, this metagame at the moment sucks. Deoxys-E is the only lead (if you dont counter him or lead with him your an idiot), and the suspects are at least 3 to a team... Hopefully it will get better though...

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
I've been laddering a lot and i have come to notice Garchomp isn't as good anymore with the Lati's running around... and the person winning the most speed ties wins the game lol.

Yeah, Garchomp actually has been the least impressive... Hell its easy to get a Lati in on a Dance... i also found that bulky DD RestTalk Gyarados if you EV it for 223 speed has time to get in... Dragon Dance... hit it for 70% with Waterfall. Garchomp at +3 need to Outrage to kill, which means its sweep is over with anything faster... if it D-Claws... it loses anyway...

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually, garchomp has been the most effective suspect for me. Yache is not the way to go though.

I'm really liking this fast-paced metagame, full out stall is like impossible.

Manaphy and Latias seem to be used the least at the current point in time.

This is just dragon and steel centralisation on a whole new level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)