np: SV UU Stage 1: Re-Entry (Beta starts now, bye Espathra!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Azumarill moved from New to OU
Hatterene moved from New to OU
Pawmot moved from New to OU
Rotom-Wash moved from New to OU

Baxcalibur moved from OU to UU
Charizard moved from OU to UU
Ditto moved from OU to UU
Lokix moved from OU to UU
Maushold moved from OU to UU
Orthworm moved from OU to UU
Tyranitar moved from OU to UU

Alomomola moved from New to UU
Armarouge moved from New to UU
Barraskewda moved from New to UU
Bisharp moved from NFE to UU
Brambleghast moved from New to UU
Brute Bonnet moved from New to UU
Donphan moved from New to UU
Espathra moved from New to UU
Floatzel moved from New to UU
Forretress moved from New to UU
Gallade moved from New to UU
Gastrodon moved from New to UU
Gengar moved from New to UU
Grafaiai moved from New to UU
Gyarados moved from New to UU
Hawlucha moved from New to UU
Hippowdon moved from New to UU
Hydreigon moved from New to UU
Indeedee moved from New to UU
Iron Jugulis moved from New to UU
Iron Thorns moved from New to UU
Kilowattrel moved from New to UU
Klefki moved from New to UU
Lucario moved from New to UU
Mimikyu moved from New to UU
Noivern moved from New to UU
Pelipper moved from New to UU
Polteageist moved from New to UU
Quagsire moved from New to UU
Salamence moved from New to UU
Sandy Shocks moved from New to UU
Scream Tail moved from New to UU
Slither Wing moved from New to UU
Slowking moved from New to UU
Staraptor moved from New to UU
Talonflame moved from New to UU
Tauros-Paldea-Water moved from New to UU
Tinkaton moved from New to UU
Toedscruel moved from New to UU
Tsareena moved from New to UU
Wo-Chien moved from New to UU

We have some new goons to play with! Losing those mons to OU is certainly a large blow, but with a few new toys to play with and the ability to perform tiering action now, we could certainly be doing much worse. Hope y'all enjoy the shifts, tell us what you find!

Also, probably unsurprisingly:
:ss/espathra:
The UU council has unanimously voted in favour of an Espathra quickban given its absurd warping nature and effect on the tier. Calm Mind, Speed Boost and Stored Power is a silly combination, who could have guessed? Tagging Marty / Kris to implement please, thank you!

Enjoy everyone and welcome to the new UU!!

Is that a new record? It's been less than an hour, correct? So glad that stupid chicken is gone. No, I don't think its actually a chicken, I just hate it too much to actually go and find out what it actually is.

EDIT: So that I don't double post, I want to add more. What does everyone think of Orthworm and shed tail falling? I personally think shed tail can lead to an unhealthy meta and would like to see it gone, but I'm also low ladder scum, so I want to hear what better trainers think.

it is still so funny to me that we got baxcalibur but didn't get ceruledge AND kept espathra

at least council remedied 1/3 of those oddities :blobthumbsup: get that same speed on for bax
I will see, I do want to see the chaos that Bax can cause. I think it could lead to a lot of fun. It definitely looks like a monster, but I want to find out how its flaws in OU get remedied down here.

I will see, I do want to see the chaos that Bax can cause. I think it could lead to a lot of fun. It definitely looks like a monster, but I want to find out how its flaws in OU get remedied down here.
I think In OU it sturggled a lot against the variety of unaware, tera-fairy users - Stuff like Garg, Dirge & Dodonzo. Those... don't exist here and neither the fish

I think In OU it sturggled a lot against the variety of unaware, tera-fairy users - Stuff like Garg, Dirge & Dodonzo. Those... don't exist here and neither the fish
We do have a decent number of good fairy types here though. Tinkaton is the number one used pokemon rn. Sure, it's EQ weak, but there could be something to deal with that. Air balloon Tink could potentially rise in usage, right? Plus we have Scream Tail. Not impossible to wall it...I think...maybe not.

We do have a decent number of good fairy types here though. Tinkaton is the number one used pokemon rn. Sure, it's EQ weak, but there could be something to deal with that. Air balloon Tink could potentially rise in usage, right? Plus we have Scream Tail. Not impossible to wall it...I think...maybe not.
Uhhh so funny thing. Bax gets Iron Head. On 145 base attack? They aint living. (Balloon Tink might, but it's a check, not a counter)

Baxcalibur @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Or Life orb, or crash, or stomping tantrum to combo with glaive rush

Uhhh so funny thing. Bax gets Iron Head. On 145 base attack? They aint living. (Balloon Tink might, but it's a check, not a counter)

Baxcalibur @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Or Life orb, or crash, or stomping tantrum to combo with glaive rush
uh just run dd, icicle crash/icicle spear with loaded dice and glaive rush and eq and just zoom past all ur counters

Wait Slowking is in the tier. Hail meta anyone?
Kinda hard without a decent Veil setter. Cetitan, from my observations, is a decent rusher, but it does kinda need some help as well. Maybe passing hail into passing sub with Orthworm into Cetitan can be something since that is now (somehow) legal down here, but idk.
Will Maushold find a place in UU where it absolutely couldnt in OU? ...Probably not. But it might be marginally more viable.
I mean, tidy up plus pop bomb with magnifying glass should be better down here since, theoretically, the pokemon are less bulky. It might have a problem with Tink tho.

Man, the more I look at this meta, the more I realize just how good Tink is. I guess there's a reason it is #1 usage. Ttar? Tink. Bax? Tink. Mouse? Tink. Hotel? Trivago.

Man, the more I look at this meta, the more I realize just how good Tink is. I guess there's a reason it is #1 usage. Ttar? Tink. Bax? Tink. Mouse? Tink. Hotel? Trivago.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 456-538 (121.9 - 143.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 440-518 (117.6 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 210-260 (56.1 - 69.5%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 456-538 (121.9 - 143.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 440-518 (117.6 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tinkaton: 210-260 (56.1 - 69.5%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
Touche. To be fair, I can imagine that air balloon will pick up quite a bit in usage to respond, but I am OBVIOUSLY no expert in the meta game. I should probably look a little more closely at some of these, mons shouldn't I?

Ah, yeah, it's mostly specially defensive. Makes sense.

We are banning gengar right fellas haha…right?!
Now that ttar is in the tier, probably not. Like, it's annoying, but not overwhelming...yet.

we had slowking since alpha mate, it didn't really work DX

as for the mons that dropped:

1672624961101.png

High key hyped about this one. after a DD you basically run through the entire tier with STABs + EQ, and life orb has a chance to 2HKO quag, though banded and loaded dice could have their place as well.

1672625099677.png

Shed tail shenanigans aside, this mon might have a niche as a tank and, funnily enough, a baxcalibur check XD the only thing limiting you is lack of recovery.
1672625375940.png

Prepare your rocky helmets people, ´cause this mon is gonna be a THREAT, though maybe this will make mons like gengar more popular and tera ghost a more attractive option.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Toxapex not dropping is disappointing, I really wanted solid RH users when THAT thing drops, but enough of that! Let's cook.

:ss/Baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fighting / Dragon / Fire
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Tera Blast / Earthquake

No Brelooms? No Scizors? Being able to abuse the inevitable Rotom Heat rise in popularity? Baxcalibur is here and will run amok! Bax has a major problem though, which is that it's unable to do anything to break past Orthworm, who walls it's dual STAB and is immune to it's best coverage option. Incoming Tera Fighting, allowing Bax to shed its Rock weakness and nail Orthworm for super effective damage. If you have Magnezone on lock though, you can drop Tera Blast and utilize Tera Dragon to drop the absolute most disgusting Glaive Rushed known to man (while also shedding your Rocks weakness :-)).
Tera Fire is a very solid option if you want to wall Fairies while beating Orthworm, but losing v TTar and Rain at once is not favourable imo.

:Ss/Maushold:
Maushold @ Wide Lens
Tera Type: Ghost / Normal
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Tidy Up
- Bite / Super Fang
- Super Fang / U-turn / Encore / Low Kick

I do not like Maushold. It's not broken, I just think it's really annoying. Anyways I think if you run Maus, your main goal should not be sweeping, but you should prioritize being a utility Pokémon that can also pack a punch when necessary. Don't get me wrong, if you have the chance Maus is incredible, but it's fragility and prone to being revengekilled by priority makes Maus a poor dedicated sweeper outside of screens. Instead, I think you should spam Super Fang, U-turn and Pop Bomb while annoying targets with Encore and Tidy Up. Prankster Encore + Fimp spam just makes it too risky to be a sweeper.

:ss/Orthworm:
Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Tera Type: Fairy / Water
Ability: Earth Eater
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Shed Tail / Iron Defense / Stealth Rock

Orthworm is funny. Honestly, if we ban Light Clay, I am not sure just how great Shed Tail will be on Orthworm. No Regen will always heavily impact how useful this move is, and I think Orth has real merit on teams where it maintaining it's HP throughout the game is much more valued. I still included Shed Tail though, just because I think it will be its most popular set. Iron Defense and dual Hazards seem like nasty work though, especially in the absence of Magic Bounce Hat.

:ss/Lokix:
Lokix @ Choice Band / Heavy Duty Boots
Tera Type: Bug / Dark
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch
- Leech Life
- U-turn / Swords Dance

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Bug Lokix First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 328-388 (105.4 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

LMAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lokix is a menace to society. Both Choice Band and Swords Dance Sucker Punch cleaves holes in alot of what we have in the tier rn. Talonflame and Tinkaton are it's best countermeasures, the former particularly putting Band and SD sets in a bind with the threat of burn from both Wisp and Flame Body. Outside of that though, not much else realistically can consistently swap into banded Lokix. Fast Will O Wisp is your friend, Fire Tauros rise up!

:ss/tyranitar:

Honestly, I can't even begin to pin down what Tyranitar will do once it settles in UU. It serves as such a menacing threat, a potent SpD tank, hazard setter, wallbreaker, Ghost check - you name it, Tyranitar can do it. TTar hates that Ghost types can Tera into types that flip the script however, but that is something everything including itself will have to deal with. We know what TTar does!

Slowking has always been in the tier....
I'm more worried about Charizard being in UU than Baxcalibur being in UU
Why? Charizard does next to nothing of note without Sun in UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)