np: USUM UU Stage 6.1 - Échame La Culpa (Breloom unbanned, Buzzwole remains BL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Liquid Voice Prima will be nice. A way to not trigger Sparking Aria's burn healing via Hyper Voice is a nice thing.

I think Liquid Voice Prima will be nice. A way to not trigger Sparking Aria's burn healing via Hyper Voice is a nice thing.
Personally, I still find Torrent Sparkling Aria better for singles if you want to bypass subs considering Primarina’s role is as a breaker. It’s a cute option though, I’m not gonna lie, but personally I think that the ability isn’t that useful outside of Doubles-based formats.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Personally, I still find Torrent Sparkling Aria better for singles if you want to bypass subs considering Primarina’s role is as a breaker. It’s a cute option though, I’m not gonna lie, but personally I think that the ability isn’t that useful outside of Doubles-based formats.
Hyper Voice bypasses subs too as far as I'm aware since it too is a "noise" move.

The new releases don't really seem like they'll have too much of an effect; Intimidate Incineroar is cool-sounding but likely won't have an impact here.

Just curious, with the whole ban on Drought because Mega Houndoom was unbanned, can Zard-Y ever be truly unbanned? The point I'm going with this because Zard-Y is the one Drought user that can't be abused with Mega Houndoom. Kinda sad that Zard-Y is stuck in useless land because Pokemon like Toxapex walling it, Tyranitar being super common, Ash-Gren and Koko being the threats they are. Zard-Y would most likely be the best Mega in the UU tier if it was unbanned. Zard-Y would shred pretty much most balance and stall teams, without Heatran or TTar around, it forgo Focus Blast for Flare Blitz to 2HKO Blissey after Rocks with Naive nature. It's an interesting topic considering we lost a good wallbreaker in Mamo, could Zard Y fill that void?

Just curious, with the whole ban on Drought because Mega Houndoom was unbanned, can Zard-Y ever be truly unbanned? The point I'm going with this because Zard-Y is the one Drought user that can't be abused with Mega Houndoom. Kinda sad that Zard-Y is stuck in useless land because Pokemon like Toxapex walling it, Tyranitar being super common, Ash-Gren and Koko being the threats they are. Zard-Y would most likely be the best Mega in the UU tier if it was unbanned. Zard-Y would shred pretty much most balance and stall teams, without Heatran or TTar around, it forgo Focus Blast for Flare Blitz to 2HKO Blissey after Rocks with Naive nature. It's an interesting topic considering we lost a good wallbreaker in Mamo, could Zard Y fill that void?
HAhahahahahahahaha
No.

You can't compare it's use in OU to here. It would obliterate everything to the point where it'd be ZardY with its team, not a team with ZardY. Besides, anything that can 2hko Blissey without a boost as a special wall breaker screams literal nightmare to me.

HAhahahahahahahaha
No.

You can't compare it's use in OU to here. It would obliterate everything to the point where it'd be ZardY with its team, not a team with ZardY. Besides, anything that can 2hko Blissey without a boost as a special wall breaker screams literal nightmare to me.
That didn't answer my question if Zard-Y could be unbanned despite the Drought ban, but OK then?

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's the answer to your question, courtesy of the retired tier leader Hikari:

Technically this means we can unban Mega Charizard-Y, but it wouldn't be available for use regardless.
(due to Drought being banned, since that is Mega Charizard Y's sole ability upon Mega Evolution.)

I assumed that's what Hikari meant, but I wanted some clarification. Thank you both for answering my question. Anyway, to prevent this being a one-liner, I think Hidden Abilities of the Gen 7 starters won't have too much effect in this tier, except of Incineroar. We could see some Bulk Up/AV sets rise in usage thanks to it's ability, but even then Incineroar isn't the greatest mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)