NU NU Classic VI Playoffs

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
1636142677439.png
(banner stolen from last year's classic)
Now that all the cups have wrapped up, we are going to move onto playoffs to determine the winner of the sixth NU Classic! Winner gets bragging rights over being the best at these crusty tiers for a year!

The standings are as follows:
  1. Beraldinho
  2. Heysup
  3. robjr
  4. Pohjis
  5. Garay oak
  6. neomon
  7. zben
  8. poh
Round 1
1. Beraldinho vs 8. poh
2. Heysup vs 7. zben
3. robjr
vs 6. neomon
4. Pohjis vs 5. Garay oak

Round 2
3. robjr
vs 7. zben
5. Garay oak vs 8. poh

Round 3
3. robjr vs 5. Garay oak​

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
r1 predicts because I can

1. Beraldinho vs 8. poh - very biased take from me :D I'm just more familiar with poh and know he's got a really solid understanding of at least 2/5 gens. Beraldinho won DPP, and while I've honestly got no idea how much they know the tier beyond their experience with it in this run of DPP cup, it's still worth pointing out especially given poh's relative lack of experience with the tier. ORAS and BW are pretty up in the air given both players' performances in their respective cups, hence me favoring poh a bit overall.
2. Heysup vs 7. zben - Heysup knows the boomer generations better than zben. I'd genuinely just draw the line there.
3. robjr vs 6. neomon - robjr is an SM fiend despite his poor performance in SM cup this year and is just overall an incredibly strong player. I'm gonna give neomon his credit for making finals(?) of ORAS cup and generally having a weirdly good amount of knowledge in unmetas. I'm just unsure that can carry him past rob.
4. Pohjis vs 5. Garay oak - definitely the highlight match. I think I favor Pohjis slightly; the overall meta knowledge probably goes Garay's way (I'd put them on pretty even footing for SM, though), but I rate Pohjis more highly as a player. Hoping to see Garay make it back to finals this classic and win it, though, so bop

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
goated Heysup made finals of all of ADV-BW and as BW shows (considering he knew next to 0 about BW entering this tour) he's perfectly capable of stealing wins in more modern gens when necessary. I'd be hard pressed to predict against him in any Bo5 here.

Also, just curious if there was an overall sheet and what the scoring and tiebreak system was?

Rabia

GP & NU Leader
goated Heysup made finals of all of ADV-BW and as BW shows (considering he knew next to 0 about BW entering this tour) he's perfectly capable of stealing wins in more modern gens when necessary. I'd be hard pressed to predict against him in any Bo5 here.

Also, just curious if there was an overall sheet and what the scoring and tiebreak system was?
Sheet is pinned in the tours channel in the NU Discord. Overall win percentage was used to determine tie breaks where applicable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)