Tournament NUPL X - Week 7 (aka week 6 part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

NUPL X Info Hub
NUPL X Spreadsheet

Week 7

MF PLOOMS (2) vs (5) Vibrant Vivillons
SS: zS vs col49
SS: gum vs Sage
SS: Beraldinho vs xavgb
SM: avarice vs lax
ORAS: Spl4sh vs crying
BW: cb aaron judge vs shiloh
DPP: Togkey vs Staxi
ADV: Raichy vs Rabia

The Malding Machamps (4) vs (3) Catacomb Cacturnes
SS: Star vs Danny
SS: Xiri vs dunoks
SS: TJ vs rom1x38
SM: robjr vs EviGaro
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Shiba
BW: ninjadog vs roxiee
DPP: bb skarm vs innovamania
ADV: ziloXX vs ArcticBreeze

The Moneymaker Musharnas (6) vs (2) The Freedom Frogadiers
SS: GXE vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS: pdt vs GW
SS: Confide vs Boat
SM: Luthier vs EternalSnowman
ORAS: Kiyo vs PrinceOfAllTacos
BW: Shuckleking87 vs quziel
DPP: vivalospride vs Drud
ADV: Jisoo vs JabbaTheGriffin

The Holy Heliolisk (5) vs (3) Tailor-made Talonflames
SS: Kushalos vs OnArceus
SS: turtledoggo1 vs Elias PSY
SS: Alpha Rabbit vs GoldCat
SM: etern vs Clementine
ORAS: gorex vs Shaneghoul
BW: Annoyer vs Bughouse
DPP: HSOWA vs Oathkeeper
ADV: Roseybear vs Heysup

Deadline is 11 PM GMT-4 (note: 1 hour later than normal for Finch related reasons) on Sunday, June 26th.
MF PLOOMS (0) vs (0) Vibrant Vivillons
SS: zS vs col49
SS: gum vs Sage
SS: Beraldinho vs xavgb
SM: avarice vs lax
ORAS: Spl4sh vs crying
BW: cb aaron judge vs shiloh
DPP: Togkey vs Staxi
ADV: Raichy vs Rabia

The Malding Machamps (0) vs (0) Catacomb Cacturnes
SS: Star vs Danny
SS: Xiri vs dunoks
SS: TJ vs rom1x38
SM: robjr vs EviGaro
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Shiba
DPP: bb skarm vs innovamania

The Moneymaker Musharnas (0) vs (0) The Freedom Frogadiers
SS: GXE vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS: pdt vs GW
SS: Confide vs Boat
SM: Luthier vs EternalSnowman
ORAS: Kiyo vs PrinceOfAllTacos
DPP: vivalospride vs Drud

The Holy Heliolisk (0) vs (0) Tailor-made Talonflames
SS: Kushalos vs OnArceus
SS: turtledoggo1 vs Elias PSY
SS: Alpha Rabbit vs GoldCat
SM: etern vs Clementine
ORAS: gorex vs Shaneghoul
DPP: HSOWA vs Oathkeeper

Last edited:

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
MF PLOOMS (3) vs (5) Vibrant Vivillons
SS: zS vs col49 (Col is epic but this meta isn't particularly kind or conducive to his innovative style of building, so i'll be interested to see what he comes up with. zS is on a roll and has been solid as a rock with his level of play amidst an ocean of eye-bleach worthy SS games, expecting him to continue his great run of form in a fun match.)
SS: gum vs Sage (Sage seems more comfortable in SSNU and more experienced, edge to Sage here.)
SS: Beraldinho vs xavgb (Honestly this one is more of a gut feeling, I just sense a Beraldinho win, but it could easily go either way.)
SM: avarice vs lax (lax has had some poor rng this season, but I still wouldn't bold anyone against him at this point.)
ORAS: Spl4sh vs crying (crying has the better oras support and has gotten some great matchups, edge here.)
BW: cb aaron judge vs shiloh (joojoo)
DPP: Togkey vs Staxi (togkey farms the bw/dpp zone)
ADV: Raichy vs Rabia (mewbaby has been doing well and has not fire blasted any flareons yet, so I'm bolding him)

The Malding Machamps (6)
vs (2) Catacomb Cacturnes
SS: Star vs Danny (Danny pulled off a big win last week, and is far more invested in this tour so I think he'll prep well and take it)
SS: Xiri vs dunoks (I've got no idea who Dunoks is and it seems this is their first game of the tour which will be very difficult against an opponent who consistently strings win together AND has the power of Zarel on their side.)
SS: TJ vs rom1x38 (Either I'm more of a boomer than I thought or roxiee is picking names out of a hat here, who is this??)
SM: robjr vs EviGaro (This one will be close, but I think Evi has some patterns that people are starting to catch onto in terms of SM building, and rob is just a great player in general who can take advantage of that.)
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Shiba (I haven't seen Shiba play NU more than once in the past 5 years, and Chait is a frequent ORAS NUer so going with them.)
BW: ninjadog vs roxiee (I stan roxiee but I also stan ninjadog the goat, who I'd argue is one of the best lower tier BWers on the site.
DPP: bb skarm vs innovamania (Haven't seen innova in forever so not sure what kind of form he's in, edge to bb skarm)
ADV: ziloXX vs ArcticBreeze (I haven't payed much attention to ADV but I've heard that ArcticBreeze is quite solid, and he won last week.)

The Moneymaker Musharnas (4) vs (4) The Freedom Frogadiers

SS: GXE vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d (Ho3n will sweep with an undiscovered PU mon that he safely brought in off an eject button Eldegoss and get it banned by July)
SS: pdt vs GW (The warrior is on a redemption arc and will have to fight to lead his team into playoffs, since Abejas is useless.)
SS: Confide vs Davon (Fun match, but Davon played a solid match last week while Confide clicked SD in front of an encore whirlpool Snorlax :sob:)
SM: Luthier vs EternalSnowman (Luthier is strong and doing well, think he takes this, but snowman could have some tricks up his sleeve to turn the tide)
ORAS: Kiyo vs PrinceOfAllTacos (KID KIYO should win this with some cool techs)
BW: Shuckleking87 vs quziel (BWziel isn't something I expected to see prior to the draft, but quz seems to enjoy BW and I think he'll innovate something to catch Shuckle off guard.)
DPP: vivalospride vs Drud (Viv is doing good, haven't seen Drud's games so this is a bit of a guess, just have more confidence in viv.)
ADV: Jisoo vs JabbaTheGriffin (Miss Jisoo runs ADV)

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader

ArcticBreeze is probably uncontested best player in the pool at this point, so this is a pretty trivial bold to me.

Idk if Jisoo is demotivated with the tier or just busy, but I still would favor them in this matchup because their building versatility has me feeling they'll cteam Jabba's offense tendencies quite effectively.

Roseybear is finally not too busy to play games, weeeeeee! I think this is a really close matchup. Roseybear is one of my top-4 ADV players, and Heysup has pretty openly shown his preference for ADV in recent years compared to DPP, so I'm sure he'll be happy to get out of that hellscape and play a metagame he enjoys. Slightly favor Rosey here just because he's been still involved with the Heliolisks ADV gameplan the whole tour, whereas I'm unsure how much Heysup has been playing lately (although realistically that doesn't matter too much).

roxiee's prep is very good and with ninjadog's limited samplesize for a scout and limited BW resources afaik roxiee should be able to whip up a fun looking ninja cteam.

both great players but quz is known to create monstrosities in MU fishing and is also the luckiest mf I know

this is gonna be the best match of the whole tournament tbh, big shame its only bo1 because both of these players carry a huge legacy and wealth of knowledge in the tier. Bughouse has been far more active from what I know so I think he can abuse some recently developed stuff or whip out some iron defense dustox type bs

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
shoutouts neomon and Oathkeeper for drafting me, was far from being my best tour ever but I built some heat and SM NU is not that bad
I had a lot of fun building / testing stuff, it was nice playing some NU after all these years and I hope everyone else on the team had a great time as well

I do however have one huge complaint about my managers, specifically one of them
1656076259092.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)