Tournament NUPL3 FINALS [Won by roscoe and CasedVictory]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LOL finch gave me no shoutout what a (BAN ME PLEASE)

first up: we did well despite Circucumstances being ridic.

shoutouts:

Finch: I gtta admite I had my doubts after the first hting you said was that I was a failed upbid and that also the last time I knew you was from PO when you were a dumbass LMAO. but really you were a great manager and I hope I get to work with you again (SPL ;))))

Anti / Purl: The old PO (BAN ME PLEASE) i love you guys

Teddeh: you went 6-0 so obviously you own.

everyone else: I never really got to know you guys but I think ur all cool thanks4 having me.

FUCK NUPL garbage tourny u all suck dix

Django

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LOL finch gave me no shoutout what a (BAN ME PLEASE)

first up: we did well despite Circucumstances being ridic.

shoutouts:

Finch: I gtta admite I had my doubts after the first hting you said was that I was a failed upbid and that also the last time I knew you was from PO when you were a dumbass LMAO. but really you were a great manager and I hope I get to work with you again (SPL ;))))

Anti / Purl: The old PO (BAN ME PLEASE) i love you guys

Teddeh: you went 6-0 so obviously you own.

everyone else: I never really got to know you guys but I think ur all cool thanks4 having me.

FUCK NUPL garbage tourny u all suck dix

last shoutout: cased for not having the balls to buy me

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
oh right

[19:47] Session Ident: Djangoo (synIRC, Finchinator) (~chatzilla@synIRC-307B37FF.range86-167.btcentralplus.com)
[19:47] <Djangoo> supp
[19:47] <Finchinator> ill be straight with you
[19:47] <Finchinator> i was intending to use you
[19:47] <Finchinator> as bait to make people waste money but
[19:47] <Djangoo> LOL
[19:47] <Finchinator> that's a pretty damn big steal
[19:47] <Finchinator> lmao

:]

Django

oh right

[19:47] Session Ident: Djangoo (synIRC, Finchinator) (~chatzilla@synIRC-307B37FF.range86-167.btcentralplus.com)
[19:47] <Djangoo> supp
[19:47] <Finchinator> ill be straight with you
[19:47] <Finchinator> i was intending to use you
[19:47] <Finchinator> as bait to make people waste money but
[19:47] <Djangoo> LOL
[19:47] <Finchinator> that's a pretty damn big steal
[19:47] <Finchinator> lmao

:]
great management skillz

Cased

Banned deucer.
yea nvrm im too lazy to do shoutouts but everyone contributed equally, although id like to mention hikari and metaphysical specifically

hikari for actually caring about this tournament a little bit and metaphysical for growing the most as a player, this tournament is about smaller names making a bigger name for themselves (half the ORAS OU players i dont know lol)

but yea fun tour, sucks my hard drive crashed after week 2 but shit happens

Teddeh stop flashing me in random posts and asking me to stop talking shit about you when i've never brought you up in any conversation i can remember, get over the fact i dont think you're that good jesus christ

thanks for the trophy boys

leremyju

Banned deucer.
LMAOOO WE WON THIS SHIT.

Thanks Cased for buying me, soul gaze and blunder for being my top supporters, blarajan for playing, realistic waters for doing well. Aim for playing, meta for going to my rival high school, vuvuzela for being chill, and everyone else!!! O yea papai Noel and hantsuki and roscoe and the other dude. Sorry I don't know you.

Great season, MVP was probably hikari and ily2 KratosMana

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
semi-shout outs because i'm lazy and ass as shown by my performance this tournament (and also because I'm not writing shit like "you're a great guy but i didn't really get to talk to you much" because that'd be hypocritical and because my love doesn't need to be expressed through such superficial words).

Finchinator - biggest dumbass on smogon and probably on the earth's surface. you really did waste 9k on a mascot LOLOLOL. Thanks for buying me and being a good manager tho :)

bugzinator - actually, forget what i just wrote above. this guy is even dumber than finchinator. must be the -ator part of the nicknames i guess? haha. however, I still love you in spite of those divergences. shame you only loved me 'cause you thought i was a girl ;_;

Teddeh - how can someone have a girlfriend and get a hang of pokemon?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? life sure is mysterious sometimes!

HJAD - nice hail team :) stay up fella

KratosMana - lol this nigga really was FTT on PO smh. dunno what to else i should write here ngl

Django - shame I couldn't stay tight with the rest of the old niggas for so long, but it really is astonishing how you're almost done with university when we were just kids back in 2010. but then again, wtf would've guessed kokoloko would become a chef LOLOL. but yeah man, you know how much i cherish the old times by now even tho i'm not as weak anymore (still got the dumbass vein tho. remember when coyotte removed PO mods off of me cause I couldn't resist trolling a new user? those were the days man. cbb probably despises me too 'cause of my suspicions about style and bloo but that's how life goes)

ZoroDark - nice likes you farmed at my cost (BAN ME PLEASE). see ya in team europe, i'll learn the ways to become the perfect mascot until then

rural - you rly think you're cuter than me LOL, delusional. and let's not forget the fact i'm a better minesweeper league players. much love tho

atomicllamas - butt. you and molk have the potential to make ru the best thing ever, don't waste it. however, make you sure you don't lose your way and start taking things as seriously as work like spirit who got mad cause i didn't "credit" some cheese meloetta set hehe. llamas > alpacas :)

ium - doubt you'll ever read this or you'll consider it sarcasm if you ever do, but i still think you're a cute user and i do agree with you that finch does sound like he's scolding people sometimes, but it's unfortunate we couldn't end in a better way :( stay up!

passion - i don't even know why i'm tagging you here LOL much love and dank memes

Cased - grats but stop "bullying" teddeh :(

Soulgazer - grats but stop bullying my team :( you're adorable when you ain't doing it :) also, start watching AOTS punchline if you ain't already!

Texas Cloverleaf - for inventing what i'm about to do now

ANTI SHOUTOUTS (haha):

Karppi - get a cancer and mix it with a good taste in women and you get karppi! i swear our skype chat during the first half of nupl was karppi talking shit rofl. worth noting that this looks like a regular shoutout

myself for going for 9k and doing absolutely 0, thanks for almost carrying me to a NUPL victory team, all of you (even if you were benched or/and i didn't mention you in my s/os)

keep in mind that i didn't mention some ppl out of bad feelings or anything, just that (like i said before), i didn't quite get to communicate with you even if i knew you beforehand (Montsegur fits this criteria pretty well i guess)

Thanks FireMage for hosting this (but seriously, your namechange is the worst I've seen in my entire life, go get a grip rofl)

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appropriate delay from me doing this jawns. So shoutouts

Oglemi Figure I'd be safe for ADV ez because I had the guy that made and only guy that basically played the tier. That turned out to not necessarily be the case but was still extremely helpful with older generation team building and he could of had a better record with how close his battles were. Prof pics are also spot on so def a good buy.

The Goomy I heard he was decent. I don't think he won 1 game lol. But he took the bo3 slot in stride (scorp was too lazy and took the glory of oras when goomy could have gotten it lol), and was dedicated to the team. If you only knew dpp better we would have been fine. Thanks for setting up the skype chat too, im pretty sure that was you anyways. And belly drum magmortar is god.

Marilli Knew I wanted him for bw from the great bw nu days, but forgot he quit when bw2 was around so it made it even easier to put him in bw1. Obviously anyone who brings linoone and wins has my respect lol. But great teammate willing to test out teams, thanks a bunch. Also a nice guy to talk to

Deej Dy One of the most reliable battlers on the team, as I suspected. I knew I could place him in any bw or xy gen and he would succeed. Such a cheap buy. Even though you can be somewhat cocky, you definitely backed up your play against some good competition. He was also extremely helpful with aiding other people in teambuilding against certain opponents, which shows the dedication. I put you as the co-MVP to the team for what that's worth

-Tsunami- Perfect pickup. I picked you to be the trashtalker of the team that would win some games and you definitely filled in that role. tbh i was a little annoyed you brought the same team so many times and was gonna bench you if you lost week 2 with the gimmick punchshroom shit, but it worked (I still think your opponents played a little ass/should have somewhat prepared for team but whatever), and you backed up your talk. And he helped set up the popular irc channel when it took me like 1.5 hours to set up the channel because i didnt use irc lol. We did have enough old people that i think some user were on there, but skype is better imo. I know you had bigger commitments than nupl, but i appreciate the effort into this :)

Honko RIP. Also figure I would pick him up as he was a big contributor to dpp, and he went undefeated when he was actually around lol. Thanks for the games when you did play tho

Bughouse The other co-mvp. tbh, didnt know who you were, I think it was goomy and oglemi that told me to try to pick you up, so I did. I knew I needed a third adv/dpp backup when honko inevitably did not show up, and you easily filled in the shoes of subbing in with days to hours notice. You also picked up the slack to play bo3 when I shook up the rosters, which meant you learning a new tier basically on the spot. You consistently provided everyone, specifically goomy, with great teams and insight for dpp (even if he didnt listen :0) and later gen teams, and also kept me on task when I might of had irl priorities. Also found out he goes to a university like 12 miles from me so that's cool. Here's a toast to that (I think that is a good/recognizable pun lol)

Scorpdestroyer I cant really have 3 mvp's, so I guess you're honorable mention. I was waiting to bid on you on auction in the hope people would forget about you and now want to spend money, which I think somewhat worked. You didn't quite do what I expected you to do. I was hoping you would get more activity wins. However, you had actually wins, which I guess works. Also knew I could place him in older gens (even adv) if needed and he would still succeed, so good work.

Lolk Solid bw2 player, I knew you would an easy slot in. Unfortunately the battles did not go the way we wanted at times but still had a positive attitude for the team throughout, which I appreciate.

Toxzn Not active, would of liked to see you around more :(

Dentricos Knew I had a great value buy in draft. I planned on you being a first sub for the ORAS slots. I know people said you were a very predictable player to prepare for, but you did a solid job helping test teams. Also one of the most upbeat person on the team, which I appreciated :) I would of liked to of seen you more active towards the later weeks so I had more confidence to sub you in, but you provided alot of behind the scene help with this team, which cannot be undervalued

DTC RIP I really wanted to put you in bw1 to quiet the naysayers, but nevertheless, they were correct lol. Still a good pick up for 3k tho. come back please.

Chef Rice Idk why you changed your name lol but similar to dentri, providing teams and testing was very valuable, thank you for your dedication.

Galbia Such a steal. I would of had you in for dpp when baghouse was in bo3 if honko didnt show up, but that was never needed. I appreciate you testing teams, and also appreciated this image :)

Steve Angello Huge steal, knew you were a good battler so I knew I could put you in oras no problems. Too bad you could not get more battles in then you did, but you did fine. Bulky scyther is too good.

Shaneghoul I wouldnt be surprised if half the managers did not know who you were when I drafted you lol. But out of all the tryout battles I had, you really impressed me with teambuilding, general battling and being a good/not annoying guy (some people should take note :0). With the larger squad we had I knew I would have trouble putting you in a battle, but I could rely on you to test teams and could put you in on short notice and would have a good chance to get a win. I know you did not get any game play, but I hope the experience was helpful :)

Robert Alfons The only 'trade' of the season, and definitely worth it. TBH I had you as the 3/4 slot for bw2 (3/4 depending if I decided to play it or not), but you came in the clutch when needed. You can definitely say you went undefeated in nupl season 3 on your resume. Thanks for the help and would buy you again!

Well, I did not think I was going to be picked as a manager when going through the process as I wasnt as active during 6th gen as I was 5th gen. I also didnt quite know what to expect going into the draft, I went through alot of work deciding who I wanted on this team. For the most part, I am satisfied with our team knowing we basically could have made the finals if we won in the last week, which I nor many people expected going into the season. Though I could have prepared better (family issues, finals exam, grad school apps and graduation made it a little difficult), I really appreciated all the hard work the wobbuffets did this season. Most importantly, being a manager got me to meet a bunch of really cool (and annoying, but mostly cool) teammates and people in this community, which is awesome and definitely the best experience playing mons (besides finding and beating ash in Pokemon Gold). General shoutouts to Tennisace for originally getting the tournament started and being a good bw2 nu mentor, Raseri because dewgongs and being helpful for my first time as manager and HJAD for making the logo, cool stuff. And congrats to Cased for winning it, I think my team did better than you thought though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)