NyttyN Tournaments! (goddamnit nyttyn you pos why you do delay)

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Up next: CAP 10$ Internationals(See page 2)
Time: N/A
Date: TBD
Single Elimination
Infinity Slots
Invited:
Solace
Birkal
Imanalt
jas61292

I need a thread for this.

Ok so here's the deal. My name is NyttyN, and I host tournaments on PS! So I've decided it was high time I started to get a bit more organized with hosting them.

I host many different kinds of tournaments. Most famous are my (Almost) Any Ability tournaments.

There are a few rules that you must follow to play in my tournaments. They are simple, but it is very important that you follow them!

1. Don't be a dick.

2. Don't be a dick.

3. Don't cheat.

4. Don't quit without notifying a host.

5. Do not join if you have any reason to believe you will not be free for a solid hour and a half to two hours.

6. Do not suddenly vanish when the tournament starts.

7. Only registered users may join tournaments.

8. You do not talk about rule 8.

9. You do not talk about rule 8.

If you break a rule, k fine we all make mistakes. You will get one strike that will wear off with time. Break two rules, two strikes. If you get three strikes, or if you are clearly a malicious person you are blacklisted and prohibited from joining future tournaments.
Shining Latios - 1 strike

Essentially, you are allowed to put (almost) any ability on any pokemon you want. You must still use 510 EVs, and you must still use legal items and movepools (no soul dew bros).
Clauses: Standard OU. Swift Swim + Drizzle is legal.
Ability banlist: Huge Power, Pure Power, Moody, Imposter, Snow Cloak, Sand Veil, Zen Mode, Multitype, Wonder Guard, Shedinja + Sturdy
Note: Banned abilities are legal on the pokemon that naturally have them, with the exception of unreleased DW pokemon.

Please note that as the battles have to be held in the hackmons tier, there is no team preview. In addition, please don't be that dick who does 252 in every EV. We're playing this for fun, you won't get anything from cheating! Finally, remember that the only special rule is that you can use (almost) any ability on any pokemon. Moves, EVs, etc must all remain legal.

In addition to all of this, in the tiers NU, RU, and UU, Slaking, Regigigigas, and Archeops are banned

On a final note, you may reserve a slot in a tournament, but if you do not show up within 5 minutes of registration opening, your reservation will expire.

History:
(Almost) Any Ability
Time: 3pm Central (that's 4pm EST)
Date: 7/23/12
Double Elimination
8 Slots
http://challonge.com/nyttynpromisedmeapony
Champion: Mr. Uncompeitive

Double Weather OU (you must use two different auto-weather inducing abilities on your team)
Time: 8pm Central (that's 9pm EST)
Date: 7/24/12
Single Elimination
8 Slots
http://challonge.com/republicanconspiracy
Champion: Gajeel Redfox

Little Cup
Time: 8pm Central (that's 9pm EST)
Date: 7/26/12
Single Elimination
8 Slots
http://challonge.com/undergroundinfantfightingclub
Champion: Gone To The Beach

by the way, if anyone wants a speciifc tournament request it and I will consider it.

Oh, this is cool. A few questions:

1. If we can make a case for it, would you allow any type of tournament? I'm talking anything from Mono-type to Middle Cup to Ubers Rotation Battle.

2. Will we have to be on PS right when registration opens to get in the tournament?

3. More of a statement than a question, but I'm assuming both of these things:
a) these will be separate from official Smogon tournaments, and
b) this thread is where we can ask you questions or talk to you about NyttyN Tournaments!, and is also a general discussion thread about them.

EDIT: Also, how do you pronounce your name? Is it like "kitten" but with an N? This is seriously bugging me and I'd like to know.

If NU:

in addition to all of this, Slaking, Regigigigas, and Archeops are banned[/hide]
I don't really get this. Does this mean these pokes are banned even though they are NU (or RU), or they will be banned if they are used in an (A)AA NU Tournament?

EDIT: Also, how do you pronounce your name? Is it like "kitten" but with an N? This is seriously bugging me and I'd like to know.
I'd like to know as well.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
1. If we can make a case for it, would you allow any type of tournament? I'm talking anything from Mono-type to Middle Cup to Ubers Rotation Battle.
Yes. If there is sufficient reason to believe it would be enjoyable, I will consider it.
2. Will we have to be on PS right when registration opens to get in the tournament?
Slots are assigned on a reservation, then a FCFS basis, so yes. In addition, these tournaments happen all at once, as opposed to the system that smogon uses (that is, faffing about for weeks)
b) this thread is where we can ask you questions or talk to you about NyttyN Tournaments!, and is also a general discussion thread about them.
Yes, also yes.
or they will be banned if they are used in an (A)AA NU Tournament?
Yes.

Its pronounced nitten.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
Oh, this is cool. A few questions:

If there is sufficent reason to believe it will be enjoyable, then I will consider it.
Yes, as the tournaments are held from start to finish all within the span of a hour an a half or so. Slots are distributed on a FCFS basis. For larger tournaments I may make them last several days.
Yes, also yes. These are not offically sanctioned by Smogon, nor Zarel (unless he comes in and sanctions them in which case they are)
It is proncounced nitten.

I don't really get this. Does this mean these pokes are banned even though they are NU (or RU), or they will be banned if they are used in an (A)AA NU Tournament?
The latter. Archeonps, Slaking, and Regigigias are banned from NU tier A(AA) tournaments. I have also decided ahead of time to ban them from UU and RU A(AA) tournaments just to be safe, and the OP has been reflected to update this.

Edit: Just ahead of time, I would like to let everyone know the main server being down is not a issue, we are using the backup server instead in the meantime. [deleted]

I kinda got my post deleted by Zarel for posting a link to the backup server, so watchout about that. Thanks for answering all the questions btw. I'll try to be on for some of these tourneys :)

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
Apparently Zarel does not want us to link to the backup server despite there being no rule/disclaimer against it and it being linked to in the main Pokemon IRC channel.

The current tournaments as a result will be delayed until the main server is back up.

Server back up, tournaments happening tomorrow kay.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Where is "Rule 8. Don't be a dick." ?

Otherwise the Fight Club reference will be incomplete!

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll join the almost any ability tourney (This is Mr. Uncompetitive btw, though I will have to be a Guest for the tourney >_>)

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
once again, due to server issues, all tournaments have been delayed until tomorrow, 7/18/12. I'll try to get something simple up tonight.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH. Ok, I am infinitely postponing organized tournaments untli the server calms down for at least 2 days in a row. Until then, I'll just be hosting spur of the moment tournaments.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
...you mean temporarily postponing?

anyways, yeah its in a lot of ways easier to just run these spontaneously

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
At last, after far too many delays, the server is back up. The first tournaments shall be held tomorrow.

scractch that, they're being held today 7/23 STOP SABATOGING ME ZAREL I KNOW YOU'RE CONSPIRING AGAINST ME

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
The obvious Avenged Sevenfold joke aside, I will consider it, but it seems to me like it has some potential. I will consider it.

I shall attend, this tournament shall separate the strong from the weak and only the champion's name shall be engraved in the pantheon of the worlds best trainer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)