\o/ lol I rly haven't reffed in months - Zarator vs Wanderer

Ghnaak!

Rico!

Shit, that focus blast was a nasty one. If this keeps up...

Hnngh..I'm okay...I can still...wait, what the...

I noticed it too; Things were happening to Rico. The aura billowing around his neck began to turn red. At first I panicked, thinking it was blood, and ran out in to the field to help him...but by the time I reached my partner, that red aura had solidified into his trademark scarf. Rico's fur began to change color in spots, and fall out in others. Aura started forming on his limbs and chest, burning away those spikes.

I had panicked over these changes at first, thinking my partner was going all Tetsuo, but calmed down when I realized all I was witnessing was his mega evolution wearing off.

Nnngh...dammit...what the hell's going on?

I think it just wore off. Can you stand?

Yeah...yeah, of course I...nggh, dammit!

I'll take that as a no. Come on, let's head back...

I went to my station, bringing Rico back with me. All that leaves is his battered brother...Is there really no way out of this?
Endure -> Heal Bell -> Shadow Ball

Sorry that this is so late.
Pre-round:

Togekiss [Sethim] (M)
HP
: 13
Energy: 54
Stats: 1/4/5(6)/4/80
Abilities: Serene Grace / Hustle / Super Luck
Other: +10% Accuracy. Poisoned

Gardevoir [Sune] (F)
HP
: 63
Energy: 82
Stats: 2/4/7/5/100
Abilities: Synchronize / Trace / Telepathy / Pixilate
Other: Trace [Adaptability] (3 Actions)

Snorlax [Bagthru] (M)
HP
: 115
Energy: 45
Stats:4/4/3/4/26
Abilities: Immunity / Thick Fat / Gluttony
Other: -10% Evasion. Paralyzed (10%).

The Wanderer sends Sethim-Togekiss back into the fight, who braces itself in anticipation of the next strike from its foe, which comes in the form of Thunderbolt that Gardevoir fires at it, and thanks to its preparation, Togekiss manages to Endure the attack, but then falls unconscious as a result of a lasting poison inflicted upon it by Snorlax earlier in the match.
Action 1:
Togekiss used Endure
Togekiss braced itself
-15 energy

Gardevoir used Thunderbolt
[to crit <625] 7229 no
[to paralyze <1000] 3259 no
[(9 + 10 - 6) * 1.5] = 19.5 damage
Togekiss endured the hit
-7 energy

-2 HP (Togekiss) [Poison]
Togekiss fainted

Post-round:

Togekiss [Sethim] (M)
HP
: -1
Energy: 39
Stats: 1/4/5(6)/4/80
Abilities: Serene Grace / Hustle / Super Luck
Other: +10% Accuracy. Poisoned. Fainted

Gardevoir [Sune] (F)
HP
: 63
Energy: 75
Stats: 2/4/7/5/100
Abilities: Synchronize / Trace / Telepathy / Pixilate
Other: Trace [Adaptability] (3 Actions)

Snorlax [Bagthru] (M)
HP
: 115
Energy: 45
Stats:4/4/3/4/26
Abilities: Immunity / Thick Fat / Gluttony
Other: -10% Evasion. Paralyzed (10%).

Rewards:

zarator: 9 CC
Gengar: 1 KOC
Gardevoir: 4 MC / 1 KOC
Snorlax: 4 MC / 1 KOC (I believe that Snorlax gets the KOC from Togekiss, as it inflicted the Poison that KOed it, but let me know if I'm wrong.)

The Wanderer: 9 CC
Lucario: 1 KOC
Togekiss: 4 MC
Hydreigon: 4 MC

P2X7: I honestly have no idea, as I cannot find the rules for the old system of referee compensation. If someone could inform me of such, I would very much appreciate it. Edit: Thanks to Its_A_Random:
P2X7: 8 UC (I think)

Last edited:
Well, that sure sucked.

While we were waiting for Nurse Joy to heal Rico and the others up, El and I took a few seats in the corner to discuss the results of the test...well, not so much that as getting chewed out for that utter embarrassment.

Seriously, were you even trying?! Ugh, the pundits are gonna have a field day with this one...

Couldn't blame her; that was flat out pathetic, even for me.

Wait, why would they do that? I mean, the glove worked, didn't it?

Well yeah, but it won't stop them from 'raaaaah that guy bombed the fight horribly why would El put her faith in such an idiot raaaaah,' and the stockholders end up believing those jackasses, and-

El kept lecturing me for a while, but went off topic pretty quickly. It got into some personal stuff, so I'll skip the details, but she was basically complaining about her job.

...Okay...so...does this union have anything to do with the losing that fight?

No, they just whine about every concession you make, and they piss me off!

So this is just a rant about work, then?

No, it...*sigh* Yeah. Yeah, it is. Wow, not like me to go off on a tangent like that.

Still...sorry for fucking that up so hard. Didn't think you'd get so much fallout for it.

Ehh, the gloves worked, at least. Speaking of which, I'm gonna need that back so I can look through the data.

Yeah, sure thing. How close are you to completing it?

Well, I might need to look to an outside party about the Lucarionite, given what went on with Rico...

You mean that aura scarf thing? I figured that might have been a personal touch.

Maybe, but I still gotta rule out any possibilities. I'll need that back too, for the time being. If all goes well, I'll return it along with the finished glove.

Alright then...uh...

I couldn't find the Lucarionite anywhere...fuck, did I lose it? Wait...no, Rico's still got it.

Shit, Rico still has it. I'll have to go get it from him.

...Now that you mention it, where is he, anyway?

I glanced towards the counter; no sign of Joy. El had a point; Shouldn't she have been done with Rico and the others by now? It's not like there was a crowd or anything, we were the only ones here!

Hang on, lemme go check.

I made my way up to the counter and rang the bell...silence.

Hey nurse, you there?

I rang it again...nothing, except-

[♪But yoooooooooooou! Why'd you gotta give me the run-around?♪]

El's phone going off.

[♪Is it a surefire way to speed things up, or is it gonna sllllllllooo-♪]Hello?...Oh, it's you. What's up?...Wait, what?...Can it wait? I just need to secure the Lucarionite and...what do you mean those HaRP idiots are back?! Ugh, for God's sake...fine, I'll be right there. You owe me, though. Hey, Ben! I gotta take off! I'll just come to your place tomorrow to pick it up, alright?

Alright. Night, El.

Night. Give me a call when you're available, alright?

The automatic door began to close, silencing the clack of El's heels against the concrete as I rang the bell a fourth time...

...nothing.

In all honesty, I was starting to get worried. True, nurses have always made me uneasy (long story short, a one night stand gone horribly wrong), but the fact that I haven't gotten a response from this one yet was making me have some really unnerving thoughts...What if Rico's come down with something? What if there was a flaw in the mega glove? What if he's going all Tetsuo?!

...Nah, it's probably not anything that bad. Still, I am a bit worried, so I figured I'd sneak into the back room to have a peek...

...where I found Joy curled up in the corner, bound, gagged and unconscious.

What the fu-

*WHACK*

The first thing I knew is I had a fuckawful headache. The second is that I was not in the pokemon center, but somewhere else, sitting on what I think is a chair.

The third is that my hands were tied behind it.

Benjamin Lad...we meet at last. Valiant work back in Poketopia.

Someone was sitting in front of me. My vision was still coming to, so I couldn't tell who he was exactly. That voice of his sounded familiar, though. He waited a moment before speaking again, presumably waiting for my eyes to focus...then it hit me.

...Do you know who I am?

gg, Zarator. Thanks for reffing, p2x7.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)