October 14th VGC Regional - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Won by bearsfan092!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Boyfriend and I will be there. We're also doing TCG, so if he top cuts, he'll likely be doing the TCG Top Cut instead that day.

This will be a much smoother ran tournament then last year. I will personally make sure of this. We already have things in place and have a much better understanding of what is needed to be done. It was tough to gauge just how many people we were going to have last year since this was the first time an event like that was ever planned. It was like a national championahip from when they were at gencon. I know a lot of people were upset but just be happy the tcg and especially the vgc community is rapidly growing. Pokez isn't going anywhere for a long time. On another note if someone could trade me any event absols i'd love them forever.

I'm not sure anyone is actually paying attention to this thread, but is there a reason the participants list doesn't include me? Would that be due to a lack of "official" Smogon training?
Edit: Masters, if anyone cares.
Anyways, good luck tomorrow guys. This is going to be a blast.

Event went much smoother than last year, I hope everyone had a good time. Congrats to bearfanz and cybertron for snagging some swag. I personally got dq'ed for move tutoring earth power to gastrodon instead of doing it from dp... Thought it'd be ok since gastro learns it in a prev gen but oh well. Goes to show anyone can get dq'ed even judges/staff. Total master count pre dq'ing was 164.

Excellent games by all, and a very smooth event. I think this is the longest single tournament in Pokemon history (8 Rounds, followed by Top Cut of 8... 8 hours of games). Congratulatiosn to bearsfan, an excellent opponent who definitely deserves the win :)

Good games guys. I must say that getting 1.5 hours of sleep REALLY hampers your capabilities once you start playing against the top players(worry seed is obvious with regigigas whimsicott lead...dont try to put regi to sleep, switching works best when you switch out the right poke...)

Gravity may have failed me this time, but we'll see what happens next time.

Forgot to mention I finished in 6th place. I went 6-1 in swiss (only losing to Darkpenguin67 who won the whole thing). The notable players I played and beat were iss and PFruit's bro Nate. I was 4th seed in Top Cut and lost to Randomtron in the Top 8 match. He continued on to finish in second. Pretty cool to say that my only two losses were to the winner and 2nd place finisher!

Excellent games by all, and a very smooth event. I think this is the longest single tournament in Pokemon history (8 Rounds, followed by Top Cut of 8... 8 hours of games). Congratulatiosn to bearsfan, an excellent opponent who definitely deserves the win :)
I played as many games at Regionals in 1 day as I did at Worlds in 2 days, and all my matches at Worlds were best 2-of-3.

12-5 x.x

Philadelphia is considered to be the hardest regional for seniors & masters. You have iss, Superpokemon67, DarkPenguin67, destroying the competition in seniors. Then you've got Wolfey, and Cybertron, bearsfan, and countless others. To all who maybe did'nt have the record they would've liked, just remember, your paying at the highest level of competitive Pokemon for a regional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)