Oddish [QC 1/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Defensive Pivot
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Strength Sap
move 3: Sludge Bomb
move 4: Giga Drain
item: Eviolite
ability: Chlorophyll
nature: Bold
evs: 156 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Oddish's niche consists of a defensive pivot able to put to sleep slower threats such as Munchlax, while serving as a check to Pokemon such as Corphish and Mudbray thanks to Strength Sap, which is prefered over Synthesis due to the unique trait of lowering the opposing Pokemon's Attack by one level, allowing Oddish to outbulk the aforementioned Pokemon to force them out. The given EV spread allows Oddish to give it enough bulk to heal as fast as possible and withstand important moves such as Earthquake from Mudbray and Psychic from Cutiefly.

Trapinch helps Oddish inmensely by trapping Ferroseed, Pawniard and Munchlax, all of which give Oddish a hard time thanks to their typing and bulk, and in return, Oddish checks Water-types such as Corphish and Krabby. Flying-type checks such as Onix and Pawniard patch up Oddish's weakness to the likes of Vullaby and Wingull while providing Stealth Rock support, and in return Oddish checks Corphish and Mudbray for them. Fighting-types like Timburr and Galarian Farfetch'd appreciate Oddish defeating Spritzee for them, which in return can defeat the aforementioned Steel-types and Munchlax thanks to their STAB moves.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Altariel von Sweep, 330191]]
- Quality checked by: [[tazz, 240933], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
free and fun amcheck
  • I’m still a lil unfamiliar with this format but somewhere it needs to be written that Oddish should be running 0 HP IVs to get that 19 HP LO number
  • Wingull gets KOd by Solar Beam and shouldn’t be mentioned in the threats part, bc if your Oddish is in against a Wingull out of sun you messed up
  • stress Ferro over Pawn as a counter because Oddish can at least sleep Pawn and hit neutrally with Moonblast.
that’s it from me, champ

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
For the EV spread sentence, it'd be preferable for you to explain why Timid instead of Modest (specifically what it's outspeeding), since right now the brief mention is just filler.

Suggest Galarian Farfetch'd as a teammate, provides both Knock Off support to make Oddish's life easier as well as a Ferro answer.

Would suggest putting in a mention of hazard remover support, webs mess with Oddish.

1/2

- The EVs should be 156 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe with a bold nature from what I've seen, as it gives you better damage rolls and high defenses w/ lower HP is better for sap
- I don't think "remove" is the right move for what vulpix does for ferro, as its almost always paired w/ something that can easily switch in to pix. pressured is probably slightly better?
- It says onix is annoying for oddish in the last sentence, seems like a mistype, replace it with Munchlax. I think Trapinch should be specified as the most common partner for sun sweeper oddish

in generaI I think you're trying to include both the strength sap and sun sweeper set within the same set, which is possible as the moves aren't very different but you seem to be somewhere in the middle between including both and only doing one. I think if you're focusing on sunless you should shy away from stuff like mentioning vulpix as its best partner (as that would make it the sun sweeper set, making it run more spe and making it run growth), and if you're trying to do both you should include the other EV spread, include some sun mons and slash growth on sap. I'll qc this after that

- Slower threats should not include timburr, it is usually crept to be faster than oddish
- The EV spread is not faster than Timburr, just replace that section with "to maximize bulk"
QC 1/2 once implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)