UU Offensive Defog Hydreigon (QC 1/1) (GP 1/1)

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z / Dread Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Hydreigon is one of the best Defog users and offensive threats in UU due to its powerful STAB moves and wide movepool as well as its immunity to Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes thanks to Levitate. The featured set is being widely used in UU because of its great versatility and Hydreigon's good typing and defensive utility, allowing it to check common Water-types like Empoleon and threats such as Bisharp and Celebi and thus fit perfectly on bulky offense. It also fits on offense because of its good offensive and defensive attributes and reliability as a hazard remover. Scizor and Cobalion are two Pokemon that have decent general offensive synergy with Hydreigon, due to U-turn and Volt Switch, respectively, and their ability to pressure Fairy-types. Because this set is very vulnerable to most Fairy-types, checks to those such as Doublade, Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon have great defensive synergy with Hydreigon, making them great teammates.

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What you have now looks good, but there's a lot more info you could include. You have about 300 characters left until you reach the limit, so I'd dedicate those remaining characters to giving some examples of teams Hydreigon can fit on well and teammates it has good synergy with. Bring up that it finds a lot of use on offense due to its offensive prowess and reliability as a remover, and give some examples of Pokemon that it can support well with Defog that also often fit on these teams, like Mega Aerodactyl and Moltres. I would also give some examples of Fairy-type checks because of how vulnerable this set in particular is to most of them. Scizor and Cobalion are decent examples to bring up since they also have decent general offensive synergy with Hydreigon. Include all these points and tag me when you're done so I can get a final look at this. Nice job! :)

What you have now looks good, but there's a lot more info you could include. You have about 300 characters left until you reach the limit, so I'd dedicate those remaining characters to giving some examples of teams Hydreigon can fit on well and teammates it has good synergy with. Bring up that it finds a lot of use on offense due to its offensive prowess and reliability as a remover, and give some examples of Pokemon that it can support well with Defog that also often fit on these teams, like Mega Aerodactyl and Moltres. I would also give some examples of Fairy-type checks because of how vulnerable this set in particular is to most of them. Scizor and Cobalion are decent examples to bring up since they also have decent general offensive synergy with Hydreigon. Include all these points and tag me when you're done so I can get a final look at this. Nice job! :)
Thank you for the suggestions.

Could you please explain to me better what do you want?
I’m not a check or anything but what he means is that Hydreigon’s biggest flaw is how vulnerable it is to Fairy-types. It’s dual typing shows that it’s STABs aren’t doing anything to Fairies while Fairies deal quad super effective damage back. Most Hydreigon sets are pretty weak to Fairy types but they still have ways to get by this weakness like the Scarf set pivoting out into a Steel-type or the Specs set that runs Flash Cannon to deal with Fairies. There’s even a Z-Belch set for Hydreigon that acts as a one time powerful Poison lure to kill an opposing Fairy. This set however, is the easiest set that’s exploited by Fairies so I suggest talking about some Fairies that are in a good position in the tier that usually hard wall this set. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Suggesting you make the following changes:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb / Dragonium Z Dragonium Z / Dread Plate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor / Fire Blast

At the top of viability ranking list, Hydreigon is one of the best Defog users in UU, while also being an offensive threat due to its powerful STABs moves and wide movepool. The featured set is being widely used in UU because of its great versatility and Hydreigon's good typing and defensive utility, allowing it to check commom Water-types like Empoleon and threats such as Bisharp and Celebi. Hydreigon also can deal damage with Fire Blast on a switch to Pokémon like Scizor and Cobalion. The fact it isn't affected by Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes and Spikes because of his ability Levitate makes Hydreigon even more privileged with his performance being a Defog user, making it a great option on the players' teams. Currently Hydreigon fits perfectly into bulky offense teams because of its simultaneous ability to be offensive and at the same time defensive good offensive and defensive attributes, in which it can still fit very well on offensive teams because of its high effectiveness as a remover and its offensive part with the support of Life Orb and Dragonium Z Dragonium Z and Dread Plate. Scizor and Cobalion are two Pokémon that have decent general offensive synergy with Hydreigon(elaborate a little here. What makes them good partners?). Unfortunately this moveset does not touch Klefki unless it is accompanied by Fire Blast and its Because this set is very vulnerable to most of Fairy-types, so Fairy-type checks such Doublade, Aggron-Mega, Scizor and Empoleon have a great defensive synergy with Hydreigon, making them great teammates.
Once you've got that done go ahead and move this to GP. Just be sure you include why specifically Scizor and Cobalion are decent partners for Hydreigon.

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/1
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

At the top of viability ranking list, Hydreigon is one of the best Defog users in UU, while also being anand offensive threats in UU due to its powerful STABs moves and wide movepool as well as its immunity to Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes thanks to Levitate. The featured set is being widely used in UU because of its great versatility and Hydreigon's good typing and defensive utility, allowing it to check commomn Water-types like Empoleon and threats such as Bisharp and Celebi. Hydreigon also can deal damage with Fire Blast on a switch to Pokémon like Scizor and Cobalion. (theres no fire move on this set?) The fact it isn't affected by Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes and Spikes because of his ability Levitate makes Hydreigon even more privileged with his performance being a Defog user, making it a great option on the players' teams. Currently Hydreigon fits perfectly into bulky and thus fit perfectly on bulky offense. It also fits on offense teams because of its good offensive and defensive attributes, in which it can still fit very well on offensive teams because of its high effectiveness as a remover and its offensive part with the support of Dragonium Z and Dread Plate and reliability as a hazard remover. (you already said that it has good offensive attributes and defensive utility, i tried to cut the fluff while maintaining the sentence) Scizor and Cobalion are two Pokéemon that have decent general offensive synergy with Hydreigon, first because Scizor has U-T due to U-turn and second because Cobalion has Volt Switch, what give a free opportunity to do an effective core between both and Hydreigon to switch-in andrespectively, and their ability to pressure Fairy-types. Because this set is very vulnerable to most of Fairy-types, Fairy-type checks to those such as Doublade, Mega Aggron-Mega, Scizor, (AC) and Empoleon have a great defensive synergy with Hydreigon, making them great teammates.

implement this carefully. this was 500 characters over the limit, so i had to cut down a lot. you tended to repeat yourself pretty often, so i took the liberty in removing info that was already said and combining sentences with similar topics.

GP 1/1
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

At the top of viability ranking list, Hydreigon is one of the best Defog users in UU, while also being anand offensive threats in UU due to its powerful STABs moves and wide movepool as well as its immunity to Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes thanks to Levitate. The featured set is being widely used in UU because of its great versatility and Hydreigon's good typing and defensive utility, allowing it to check commomn Water-types like Empoleon and threats such as Bisharp and Celebi. Hydreigon also can deal damage with Fire Blast on a switch to Pokémon like Scizor and Cobalion. (theres no fire move on this set?) The fact it isn't affected by Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes and Spikes because of his ability Levitate makes Hydreigon even more privileged with his performance being a Defog user, making it a great option on the players' teams. Currently Hydreigon fits perfectly into bulky and thus fit perfectly on bulky offense. It also fits on offense teams because of its good offensive and defensive attributes, in which it can still fit very well on offensive teams because of its high effectiveness as a remover and its offensive part with the support of Dragonium Z and Dread Plate and reliability as a hazard remover. (you already said that it has good offensive attributes and defensive utility, i tried to cut the fluff while maintaining the sentence) Scizor and Cobalion are two Pokéemon that have decent general offensive synergy with Hydreigon, first because Scizor has U-T due to U-turn and second because Cobalion has Volt Switch, what give a free opportunity to do an effective core between both and Hydreigon to switch-in andrespectively, and their ability to pressure Fairy-types. Because this set is very vulnerable to most of Fairy-types, Fairy-type checks to those such as Doublade, Mega Aggron-Mega, Scizor, (AC) and Empoleon have a great defensive synergy with Hydreigon, making them great teammates.

implement this carefully. this was 500 characters over the limit, so i had to cut down a lot. you tended to repeat yourself pretty often, so i took the liberty in removing info that was already said and combining sentences with similar topics.
Implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)