Headlines “Politics” [read the OP before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Electors vote today. Assuming we don't have a ridiculous ~2 dozen faithless Electors it means Biden will officially be declared president today. Considering the kind of people selected to be Electors are partisans like Hilary Clinton, it seems pretty unlikely that many will be switching their votes.

So tl;dr Biden's win will be official in a few hours.

The Electors vote today. Assuming we don't have a ridiculous ~2 dozen faithless Electors it means Biden will officially be declared president today. Considering the kind of people selected to be Electors are partisans like Hilary Clinton, it seems pretty unlikely that many will be switching their votes.

So tl;dr Biden's win will be official in a few hours.
It was never in doubt. I’ve maintained for years that Donald Trump was never going to be re-elected and once the votes were counted that was sealed. The constant entertaining by the media of the fantasy scenarios with which it is overturned is a grim indictment on our system. None of this should be getting air time at all.

Request to change brackets in title to [The TRUMPening].

It's not all in yet, but Trump is crushing his 2016 numbers in Florida. Maine is also trending his way, but it's so rural it could be a while. Portland is sitting on Biden w/ a 3000 vote advantage. It also seems like Rhode Island is legit going Trump. The map is creeping redder and redder as the rural votes get counted.

This was either going to be a media driven Covid disinfo election or an economy reopening election. If a state with a huge portion of the Covid vulnerable population is going bigger for Trump than in 2016, this election is already over but for the counting.

My only hope, probably unrealized, is Trump also wins the popular vote so Democrats can finally, finally reflect on the madness I said was overtaking them and would not stop a long four years ago. Trump is currently ahead, but California isn't counted yet and that will flip it entirely if its percentages look like New York.

People don't want woke, they don't want riots, and they don't want to stay in hiding until government says it's safe. American bullshit detection and can-do attitude is the GOAT!
This gets better every time I read it

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Curfew kicks in at 6 eastern. There's a petty part of me excited to see blue lives matter people get tear gassed by police.

Edit: Yep, it's as satisfying as I thought it would be.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DC is a shitshow, and very glad to have moved even another mile or so away from the mall earlier this year. If they spread out from the capitol after the curfew is used to try to force them to disperse, maga folks might make it to my old neighborhood, but they certainly won’t make it to where I am now.

Let us dispell with the myth that Donald Trump does not know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

But seriously, he does. Those tweets are just to save face. He knows his supporters won't stop, and even if we ignore Georgia, his administration had plenty of time to prepare for the unrest he knew would be caused when Biden was confirmed. I'm not even angry at Trump for this mess. I blame the Republican senate and house members for entertaining this election fraud bs and giving these brain disease victims a platform.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1610035982268.png

This is why it's hard to have empathy with such a disgraced country. The events of yesterday show the continuation of a deep crisis of the US and the neoliberal democratic model, and it's very welcome. I hope that good people don't suffer, but that what happened yesterday was only the start. A taste of US' own medicine may be helpful for the rest of the world.

or what happens when [the media] calls any possibility of *potential* fraud baseless conspiracy theories from the start so people end up being isolated and radicalized

therefore claiming election fraud turned into a violent statement, the well poisoned

edit; no fraud occurred or else the trump teams would've actually came up with evidence of it happening; just that echo chambers were established from the start of election night (and before)
also this behavior for the entirety of trump's presidency and before

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)