Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

I wish the Nationals would just go on a damn losing streak already. The Reds are averaging like 5 wins in every 6 games and still can't take the damn #1 seed in the NL.

In case anyone was wondering, that call was made in the bottom of the ninth and it was the third out. Had they made the correct call the tying run would have scored and the Yankees would have had a runner on third with two outs. (not positive about the runner but I am pretty sure)

And the two teams are now tied for first after that blown call. I'd feel bad if it were any team other than the Yankees.

In more important news the Nats win last night after the game was delayed 90 minutes in the middle of the 9th down by a run. Also Harper hit his 18th HR.

Pretty sure it was first and third with one out. So there wouldn't have been a runner on third, but the game still would have been tied. Lucky break for the o's there.

>Joey Votto comes back
>The Reds are suddenly unable to even beat the ASTROS in a series
>what the fuck

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
it's because he just clogs up the basepaths with all those walks and doubles

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm pretty sure at this point that Pirates are, in fact, not going to finish above .500.

:evan:

I'm pretty sure at this point that Pirates are, in fact, not going to finish above .500.

:evan:
I knew it would blow up in their face at some point

With this knowledge, Cutch for MVP seems unlikely...so who do you all think will get it now? I'm thinking it's gonna have to be Holliday as long as the Cardinals make the playoffs.

I knew it would blow up in their face at some point

With this knowledge, Cutch for MVP seems unlikely...so who do you all think will get it now? I'm thinking it's gonna have to be Holliday as long as the Cardinals make the playoffs.
I'm thinking Posey. Putting up MVP type numbers, while commanding a pitching staff at baseball's most demanding position certainly helps his case.

I think it'll be Miguel Cabrera and Buster.

ADAM "I'M THE OFFSPRING OF BERT FROM SESAME STREET AND BEEKER FROM THE MUPPETS" LAROCHE FOR MVP!

BRYCE CREAM CONE HARPER FOR ROTY!

DAVEY "IT'S WAY PAST MY BEDTIME WHAT CHANNEL IS MATLOCK ON" JOHNSON FOR MANAGER OF THE YEAR!

GOING FOR 90 WINS ON FRIDAY! IDGAF

ADAM "I'M THE OFFSPRING OF BERT FROM SESAME STREET AND BEEKER FROM THE MUPPETS" LAROCHE FOR MVP!

BRYCE CREAM CONE HARPER FOR ROTY!

DAVEY "IT'S WAY PAST MY BEDTIME WHAT CHANNEL IS MATLOCK ON" JOHNSON FOR MANAGER OF THE YEAR!

GOING FOR 90 WINS ON FRIDAY! IDGAF
Again, you're just being silly. A couple good weeks doesn't change the fact that he's barely hitting .260

Again, you're just being silly. A couple good weeks doesn't change the fact that he's barely hitting .260
And the fact that he's hitting .265 doesn't change the fact that he's 19 and Frazier and Miley are 26 (iirc). I think with the recent explosion he's had offensively he's caught up to Frazier. Harper has more runs, walks, and stolen bases while Frazier has the better average and more RBI. I think they're close enough that the RBI can be attributed to where they're hitting in the lineup. Defensively I don't know anything about Frazier but I'll go out on a limb and say he doesn't have the defensive presence of Harper.

I think Miley is quite a bid ahead of Harper but if Bryce keeps up the pace his phenom status will give him the edge.

And the fact that he's hitting .265 doesn't change the fact that he's 19 and Frazier and Miley are 26 (iirc). I think with the recent explosion he's had offensively he's caught up to Frazier. Harper has more runs, walks, and stolen bases while Frazier has the better average and more RBI. I think they're close enough that the RBI can be attributed to where they're hitting in the lineup. Defensively I don't know anything about Frazier but I'll go out on a limb and say he doesn't have the defensive presence of Harper.

I think Miley is quite a bid ahead of Harper but if Bryce keeps up the pace his phenom status will give him the edge.
I think Frazier has fallen out of it with his recent slump and the fact that he's not playing as much anymore with Votto back, but that doesn't change the fact that Miley has had like a 1000x better season than Bryce Harper <_< Harper is a rookie that's putting up numbers that would be just average for a power hitter, while Miley is a rookie that's putting up numbers that are excellent for any pitcher.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That awkward moment where we send out our two worst relief pitchers in a tie game against a big division rival.

what was amusing is that there was a point arbitrarily cut off after their 19 inning game and their records were identical. (2011/2012)

Anyone thinks Milwaukee has a chance to make it to the playoffs? Anyone think that IF they don't make it that they would have if they'd kept Greinke? Surely he's worth an extra win or two.

Yes, and more likely. Can't say anything for sure. A lot of people will be really mad if they're one game back of the Cards or Dodgers at the end, but hindsight is 20/20. Realistically don't expect the Cards continuing to suck.. but it'd make it more interesting if they do, that's for sure. (didn't notice they were on a 4 game winning streak at the time BUT MAN they were playing badly last week (yes this was an edit))

also, Greinke v. Darvish :3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)