Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

Just thought I'd throw down my Fantasy top 10 for 2013 (Writing Papers is not fun)

1. Ryan Braun. More reliable than Trout. He's a guy I'd rather have just due to the fact that he is a sure thing to produce as well as anyone else in the league. I drafted Pujols #1 overall this year and that has taught me that reliability at the top is probably the most important thing.

2. Mike Trout. He probably should be #1, but his fade at the end of last year scares me a little bit. Still would be happy to have him though, looks like a future hall of famer to me and almost a shoo-in to lead the league in runs and steals.

3. Miguel Cabrera. I'm a Tigers guy, and everyone's favorite five-tool player (hitting, drinking, driving, hitting, and eating) remains the best pure hitter in the league. Draft him and plan on .330 with 40 bombs and 120 ribbies.

4. Giancarlo Stanton. This dude is only 23 for this year. If he doesn't lead the league in homers in '13, I will never go to church clothed again. He is a guy that I would stretch for in almost any format. His ceiling is just that high. He would've hit 50 this year if not for the injuries, and he's still getting better.

5. Matt Kemp. Still one of the best in the league, no weak points in this guy's game. Draft him and hope he stays healthy (maybe that 50/50 season will finally happen)

6. Andrew McCutchen. Too good of a player to pass up on at this point in the draft- he's roto gold and if he can play a whole year as well as he played the first half this year he could be a top 3 player in fantasy.

7. Josh Hamilton. Wouldn't draft him if you're in a keeper league, but after a big bounce-back year he looks ready to hit high .280s with 40 and 130 again. Expect somewhere in between the first and second half Josh Hamiltons, which is still a top 10 guy.

8. Joey Votto. Lots of injury-prone guys up top, but Joey is as good of a bet as anyone. He may not hit for as great of power as he used to, but there's still a chance for a resurgence, and his likely .340 average in conjunction with the Reds' high-powered offense will make the runs and RBI's pour in.

9. Albert Pujols. Take away those first two months where he was one of the worst players in the league, and he's one of the best guys in the league. Albert is no longer in his prime, but a player with his track record, ability and supporting cast is still an easy top 10.

10. Troy Tulowitzki. You may be a little cautious to take him after last years' injury debacle, but he is still the unquestionable top player at one of fantasy's most difficult positions to find producers. You will be happy you took him if he stays healthy, which looks likely, and he will be undervalued in most leagues.

On the fringe of top 10:
Robinson Cano
Jose Bautista
Jacoby Ellsbury
Evan Longoria

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
"We're gonna compete with this new stadium, new team, new manager, and new players. The Miami Marlins are at least Wild Card winners"

So, I wonder how long we wait before this happens?

And the inevitable old baseball writers who appreciate a completely arbitrary Triple Crown award MVP is out!

Aaaaaaaand the Blue Jays are signing Melky Cabrera...

Something tells me though that like the Red Sox, Angles, and Marlins of yesterday, the Blue Jays explosion in the offseason and hype will not turn into success...

There will always be teams like the Oakland A's to kick their ass and take their name...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Out of curiosity am I the only one who really liked John Gibbons when he managed the Blue Jays the first time?

Gibbons in as manager; Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, Encarnacion, Lawrie as our leading lineup; Morrow, Johnson, Beurhle, Romero as our rotation.

I'm frigging excited for this year.

Aaaaaaaand the Blue Jays are signing Melky Cabrera...

Something tells me though that like the Red Sox, Angles, and Marlins of yesterday, the Blue Jays explosion in the offseason and hype will not turn into success...
Granted, success is a relative term. The Red Sox were great in 2011, and the Angels were very good. For Toronto, fielding a team like that is something that hasn't happened since 93.. and that's a big deal, for me personally, at least.

If they turn out like the Marlins, my heart's gonna break..

So the Nats trade pitching prospect Alex Meyer to the Twins for CF Denard Span. Pretty great deal for us.. He's cheap so that leaves plenty of room for us to resign LaRoche (which seems less likely now, though.) and land a FA pitcher. Makes me think they have thoughts of moving Harper out of the two spot since Span is a lefty lead-off.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Breaking news: we have obtained exclusive video of Stallion following Mike Napoli's signing

[youtube]Y1ZFXUOMAdk[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)