Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
I have a feeling that OKC has the possibility of pulling an upset, yet I'm shocked how Draymond Green wasn't suspended from the low blow he gave Adams.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As a long suffering fan (and gawddamn am I still pissed at a certain individual on said team for his idiocy) living in the southern part of this state, dealing with not only another local team's fanbase but these northerners too...

These sweet GSW tears will be delicious to drink.

Now watch as GSW make the comeback/OKC makes the biggest choke ever. Hope I'm wrong but...I'm not stupid to say the series is over.

The problem for the Warriors thus far is OKC's small line-up.

Durant/Ibaka is a long, athletic frontcourt that is capable of handling switches effectively it seems, and is still pretty intimidating at the rim. Considering the Warriors infamous small line-up... while it's lethal as well, it's still relatively small as far as.. shot blocking goes on the other end.

So, what the Thunder have been able to do is space out the Warriors. There are times when Green, the tallest guy on the court, is nowhere in the paint because Durant/Ibaka can shoot threes which makes paint points a cinch. This is actually the Warrior's Achilles heel that hasn't been taken advantage of that much until now. Westbrook/Durant on the run is nearly impossible if everybody is just the same forward height.

Then on the other end, switching with the Warriors and forcing them to play OKC's game of isoball just isn't going to cut it with that length. Adams/Kanter get taken advantage of but once it's Durant/Ibaka, long quick shots are actually what OKC wants. Everybody on OKC seems like they can guard their match-ups one-on-one with this line-up no matter what guy is on any of the five guys. Whether it's Curry on Ibaka or Green on Waiters.

The free-throw disparity is another thing but the Warriors are ranked 23rd overall. When you just shoot jumpers... that's kinda what happens though.

tl;dr Thunder so far have been more dangerous small than Warriors going small.
hey DR.. just 2 years ago you said small ball is just a gimmick :\

but in any case, i missed posting here. where's ck?

and yeah, thunder up!

If the Thunder actually close this down and avoid going all choke artist on us and end up facing the cavs, the Thunder should be the clear favorites. I couldn't help but notice many believe this is the match-up that the cavs would want, which I obviously don't agree with. We can discuss match-ups and style of play all day but if a team can dispatch of a 67 & 73 win team back to back then honestly that is the team to beat and the finals would be theirs to lose, not the other way around.

I respect the warriors and really like the way they play but I cannot stand Draymond Green, could be the Wolverines fan in me so my opinion could be pretty biased but I wouldn't mind seeing him sent home before the finals even if that means missing out on that long awaited rematch with the cavs, just being honest

hey DR.. just 2 years ago you said small ball is just a gimmick :\
indeed I did.

the league's made better use of it, though. four men who can have multiple skillsets dominate, small or big.

btw that wasn't just two years ago it was more like.. 4 or 5.

Last edited:
Props to Klay for trying to keep his team in the game during the third quarter, but it looks like OKC is starting to learn not to choke in the fourth quarter.

After dealing with injuries the past couple years or so, it really looks like the Thunder are coming into their own. It was always a wonder to me how a duo as good as Durant and Westbrook hadn't won a championship by now, but with their roleplayers playing like they have--especially Adams, Roberson, and Waiters--if they make the finals, they have NO good reason to lose to either team from the east.

Refs aren't gonna let OKC end the Warriors season at home.
Draymond shouting at Westbrook and that camel kick at Durant...nothing called, this is. lolzy material. Though I'm kinda glad they didn't call anything, I enjoy these chippy games.

Though this game is distracting me from the Johto Classic ffs...

man... what a season for toronto. they've come a long way from the days of rafael araujo and andrea bargnani. some insane ups and downs this year but it's been a ton of fun to follow. sorry to rant but i have a few takeaways:

- derozan is so frustrating to watch but he works hard as hell to improve (but not on defense!!) and is important to the city... i hope he comes back
- dwane casey is also super frustrating but getting 2 wins away from the finals has almost surely earned him an extension
- someone is gonna pay bismack 15+ mil a year and it's gonna be hilarious
- JV is ready for 5 more shots a game and is a legit 2nd/3rd scoring option
- please develop norman powell
- it is so fun when your team is good

GO OKC!!!!!!!!!

Bogut doing his best Kwame Brown impression out there

Re: Steph lookin tired out there, or else bored? All I know is that last 3 was ice fucking cold. The net hardly moved at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)