Official NBA '17-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Star Starters

EAST: Kyrie Irving, DeMar DeRozan, LeBron James (captain), Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid
WEST: Stephen Curry (captain), James Harden, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant

LeBron gets first pick so unfortunately, Steph can't force Irving onto the East.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
All Star Starters

EAST: Kyrie Irving, DeMar DeRozan, LeBron James (captain), Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid
WEST: Stephen Curry (captain), James Harden, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant

LeBron gets first pick so unfortunately, Steph can't force Irving onto the East.
It's kind of weird when the most deserving players actually make the asg as starters.

Rockets and Warriors was lit. Could be a great WCF between the Lakers Rockets and Warriors if both teams are healthy (and when the Warriors are zoned in).

Bummed to see J-Kidd get canned but it's the right move. No reason for the Bucks to not be a top 4 team in the East this season and the next few seasons with their level of talent

One of the more eventful days of the season in a while. Kawhi and Spurs having a strained relationship, Kidd firing, and now Everyone Hates Love.

I'm no LeBron hater by any measure (I was for a while only for how he handled The Decision, in that he announced it on air, not his actual decision to team up with Wade and Bosh), but I do think a lot of it has to do with LeBron being so ball-dominant. Yes, he passes the ball, but there was another article a while ago about him only passing for assists. So when you go from the undisputed first option on Minnesota to third option and more or less just a rebounding spot up shooter, it will take a toll on your ego. Part of it is on Love to sort out his issues, but really, I do think part of it falls on LeBron as well for not trusting his teammates (other than to shoot the ball for assists). Can't help but believe that this was a large part of Kyrie leaving.

All Star Reserves

East: Bradley Beal, Kyle Lowry, Kristaps Porzingis, Al Horford, Kevin Love, Victor Oladipo, John Wall
West: Russell Westbrook, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge, Karl-Anthony Towns, Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson

I don't understand why they're scrapping conferences but insist of having 12 players per conference. Just make it so it's the 24 top players irregardless of position and conference.

Also, thank you once again to Danny Ainge for drafting Marcus Dumb 6th overall and allowing us to take Don Julio.

Related: how are we still so bad at free throws?? Oh, and Kuzma's footwork is unreal for a rookie.

I rather have the All-Stars still be represented by conference (not the game but choosing 12 per conf- excited for the format change for the All-Star Game!). Feel like it gives equal recognition to players who dominant within their respective conference, though it sucks seeing a ton of snubs in the West. I just think all these snubs is a product of the NBA growing as a whole. Basketball is in a good place right now! (Though some might disagree because of my Warriors. lol) A few years ago, we didn't have this many worthy All-Star players. There's so much talent all across the league, it's exciting!

Also Paul George got snubbed real badd. Smh. Drummond too.

Great win against our hated rivals tonight but holy hell MAKE SOME GODDAMN FT'S PLZ. What's it gonna take to get these guys to make the EASIEST shot on the game? Seriously pisses me off. Can we pay Kobe to be our pinch-shooter on ft attempts?

On the positive Kuzma was elite tonight. He keeps this type of production up he'll be in the ASG within a year or two (mostly thanks to the ridiculous amount of Lakers fans who swamp the voting)

This snub gives Paul George some time off to head to Disneyland with Kobe and his kids, or to Napa with Luke to talk about life. How about a fishing trip with Brian Shaw? Nothing about basketball at all, or that would be tampering, of course.

Can we pay Kobe to be our pinch-shooter on ft attempts?
I'll gladly take Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic instead.

This snub gives Paul George some time off to head to Disneyland with Kobe and his kids, or to Napa with Luke to talk about life. How about a fishing trip with Brian Shaw? Nothing about basketball at all, or that would be tampering, of course.

I'll gladly take Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic instead.
The guy was clutch for ONE postseason and everyone remembers that and blocks out the rest of his mediocre career lol. The machine for got to use enough grease and rusted out

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't posted in here before so just ducking my head in to say #TrustTheProcess

Simmons with the triple double, playing like he got snubbed :thinking:

Team LeBron: Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Victor Oladipo, Kristaps Porzingis and John Wall

Team Curry: James Harden, DeMar DeRozan, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, Damian Lillard, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Karl-Anthony Towns and Al Horford

Yeah, I don't think Curry should be looking for a front office job after his playing career.

Clippers trading Blake Griffin, Willie Reed, Brice Johnson to Pistons for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first rounder (protected 1-4 thru 2020, unprotected in 2021) and a 2019 second rounder.

Bradley, Lou Will, and DeAndre are all expiring contracts. They'll have about $40m in cap space this summer, meaning Jerry West will help us out by taking Luol Deng, right?

Meanwhile, the Griffin/Gallinari/Jordan front court they so wanted played a grand total of 9 regular season games together.

Last edited:
No one talked about it, but WHAT A GAME between Celtics and Warriors! What a show by Curry and Kyrie. If anyone wondered if Kyrie made the right move in leaving the Cavs, the doubt ended on Saturday. He don't deserves be the Beta Dog, he is a legitimate Alpha Dog. I know Russ and Harden are real deal, but the most feared guards in the NBA are Uncle Drew and Chef Curry. Fair and square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)