Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Mike Brown did not win 66 or 61 games, Lebron did. Without Lebron, give him Kevin Martin as his top man, Mike Brown is winning 35 games with those Cleveland teams. It was all about the weakness of the conference / league in those years, not anything Mike Brown did.

Mike Brown did not win 66 or 61 games, Lebron did. Without Lebron, give him Kevin Martin as his top man, Mike Brown is winning 35 games with those Cleveland teams. It was all about the weakness of the conference / league in those years, not anything Mike Brown did.
The conference is still weak now, and Lebron won less games with a better supporting cast this year... 8 through 15 in the East didnt get much better than the Cavs team that played the previous 2 seasons... Do you not recognize that both those years the Cavs had one of the top defenses in the league? Look at Tom thibbs right now as the perfect example. Hes an extremely talented defensive coach, but cant coach an offense. Do you really think Derrick Rose won all those games for them? No, it started with defense, which Thibbs implemented. Now while Brown is not as good a defensive coach as Thibbs hes pretty good, and he has enough weapons on offense that he really doesnt need to worry about his offense not scoring. They can score, but they refuse to play solid D

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
forget top 3 player

is rose even a top 3 POINT GUARD?

paul
rondo
deron
hell arguably nash is still better

i've never seen a supposed mvp fall apart in every facet of the game, EVERY game, down the stretch

rose is shooting like 22% in the 4th quarter

It's amazing how hot LeBron and Wade can get in 4 minutes. It's scary sometimes.

Edit: There is no way I take Rondo over Rose. The Bulls wouldn't even win a game with Rondo as a point guard in this series instead of Rose.

Let's please stop throwing bricks at Rose and understand that there is a ton of more pressure on Rose (I don't necessarily disagree with the other guards you listed).

[22:29:26] <@CaptKirby> a rose by any other name would be
[22:29:27] <@CaptKirby> just
[22:29:27] <@CaptKirby> as
[22:29:28] <@CaptKirby> weak
[22:29:30] <@CaptKirby> BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Edit: There is no way I take Rondo over Rose. The Bulls wouldn't even win a game with Rondo as a point guard in this series instead of Rose.
That's solely because of team structure. The Bulls are built a LOT like the Iverson 76ers. Great defense, volume scoring combo guard (yes, Rose is a combo guard), a bunch of role players, lots of wins in the East.

In terms of "who is the better PG at doing PG things" then its Rondo easy. Obviously he can't lead a good team in scoring, but that's like saying, uh, Al Harrington > prime Rodman because Harrington can score 18 ppg and Rodman scored 5 ppg.

Rose is still a top 3 PG in the league, don't shit on him just because he couldn't handle swarming help defense and double teams. I don't think he deserved MVP though.

Lebron beasted at the end of this game, jesus.

Ancien Regime said:
That's solely because of team structure. The Bulls are built a LOT like the Iverson 76ers. Great defense, volume scoring combo guard (yes, Rose is a combo guard), a bunch of role players, lots of wins in the East.
If it's team structure, then couldn't you say Rondo's success is due to team structure? Since he can't make a jumpshot out of the paint consistently (or shoot free throws worth a damn), that makes it harder for Boston's big three to do anything because Rondo's man can troll around the paint.

In terms of "who is the better PG at doing PG things" then its Rondo easy.
How is Rondo easy? He's a better defender.. I'll give him that, but I can't give him anything else. Rose is clearly the better player in terms of building and focusing a team around because he is able to do more things.

What I think you may be referring to is the "passive" guard which is more of a defering point guard. In that case, if the structure calls for it (Like Boston's for example), then you could say Rondo is a better choice.

But saying Rondo is the overall better guard because of Rose's performance against the #1/2 defensive team is just far too quick to say (especially considering Rondo DID WORSE).

Congrats to the Heat, and congrats to the Bulls on a great season. My only advice for the Bulls: Loose Carlos Loozer. Eating 15 mil to be a liability on defense, be an unreliable second option at best on offense, and arguably blow these last 2 games thanks to his flagrant fouls.

I will agree with one thing, though: Rose most likely didn't deserve that MVP as much as I initially thought at the beginning of the post-season (or he deserved it as equally as other candidates).

I will agree with one thing, though: Rose most likely didn't deserve that MVP as much as I initially thought at the beginning of the post-season (or he deserved it as equally as other candidates).
I don't understand this. The MVP is awarded based on regular season. Why should his poor play off performance change what he did in the regular season. If anything to me, it magnified what he did.

The playoffs showed that the Bulls were clearly not the best team in the league. So Rose leading them to the best record with a poor supporting cast and with his best #2 option, Boozer, spending a lot of time hurt is even more incredible.

Agreed, a defensive philosophy which Rose played a large part in executing. And what about the Celtics and Heat, they both have great defensive philosophies as well, with the Celtics having equally good if not better defensive stats for the regular season, and the Bulls still earned a better record than them despite having fewer scoring options.

This was a tough series to watch from the Bulls perspective, but it doesn't erase the extremely impressive things they accomplished in the regular season.

pookar

Banned deucer.
pretty sure deng is the bulls best #2 option

boozer averaged like 7 ppg in the playoffs . his salary is like twice as high as that number. pitiful

Oh agreed Deng is definitely the Bulls best #2 option, but the reason they picked up Boozer in the first place was because (not to discredit Deng as he is one of my favorite players, a monster on D, and a great situational score) they needed a more reliable #2 option than Deng.

But yeah, Boozer is definitely pitiful.

Regular season wise, I wouldn't debate against Rose. Initially, I thought it was not even debatable. Now, I can see either Dwight or Dirk get that award equally alongside Rose.

But.. even for an MVP in the regular season.. I've never seen one struggle in the playoffs as much as him for a while; must be because he's also a point guard as most other MVP's aren't scoring guards. It's such a shame how much of a load he carries and how it detriments his efficiency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)