Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Golden State and Portland aren't that far behind the Clippers now. I wonder how severe Chris Paul's injury is. There's been no reports about it besides "sore knee" or "bruised knees."

And once again... Can Portland ever play a game that doesn't come down to a shot?

The Brooklyn Nets lost to the Lakers with an injured Kobe playing and without Dwight or MWP. Also with an injured Pau late in the game.

Happy that the Lakers have won the last six of seven, but jeez that's a bad loss for Brooklyn.

On the other hand, dear god please let the Lakers keep this up.

EDIT:

Sigh. It seems like every time something starts going right for the Lakers, something has to go bad. Lost Hill, Dwight's out, and now Pau?

Mark Jackson kind of being a dick. The Rockets were tied for the most 3's in an NBA game and the Warriors just started fouling the Rockets for the entire last minute even though they were losing by 30. Assholish move brother.

Mark Jackson kind of being a dick. The Rockets were tied for the most 3's in an NBA game and the Warriors just started fouling the Rockets for the entire last minute even though they were losing by 30. Assholish move brother.
Its an assholish move to let a team try to shoot 3's on you up 30 with a minute left?

I think the weirdest part of that game was the Rockets were about to make a 3-point record against the NBA's best 3-point shooting backcourt. That was pretty lame of him, I don't know how many records like that the Rockets own but it can't be many.

Its an assholish move to let a team try to shoot 3's on you up 30 with a minute left?
Why the fuck does it matter at that point? Give them credit for having an incredible night offensively, let them go for that record, and start packing your bags. Don't be an asshole for no good reason other than the fact that you can't accept that your defense was beyond atrocious on a night.

The Brooklyn Nets lost to the Lakers with an injured Kobe playing and without Dwight or MWP. Also with an injured Pau late in the game.

Happy that the Lakers have won the last six of seven, but jeez that's a bad loss for Brooklyn.

On the other hand, dear god please let the Lakers keep this up.

EDIT:

Sigh. It seems like every time something starts going right for the Lakers, something has to go bad. Lost Hill, Dwight's out, and now Pau?
I know that feel bro. It's like Karma is giving Jimmy Buss a giant middle finger. Can we please get Phil Jackson back next season and bring back the love? *sigh* well it's LA teams in general, what with CP3 out indefinitely with that knee thing

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why the fuck does it matter at that point? Give them credit for having an incredible night offensively, let them go for that record, and start packing your bags. Don't be an asshole for no good reason other than the fact that you can't accept that your defense was beyond atrocious on a night.
3-pt defense in first 45 minutes: tied NBA Record all-time worst 23-39
3-pt defense in last 3 minutes: tied NBA Record all-time best 0-1

You don't get better at defense by letting the other team launch 3s on you. You don't let a team set a record against you if you know you can stop it. You don't roll over and quit when you are making millions of dollars to play a game. Mark Jackson just bumped his chances of getting COTY

I actually agree with jrrrr on this one *gasp*
Seriously, these guys are professionals, you don't get pity from me because you were fouled at the end of the game when all your team was doing was driving up the score unnecessarily. I'd be pissed if I was Mark Jackson too. "K guys, we've lost this one, but don't let these assholes humiliate us by blowing us out AND setting an NBA record on us"
But hey, I don't really like the rockets in general so maybe I'm biased.

I know that feel bro. It's like Karma is giving Jimmy Buss a giant middle finger. Can we please get Phil Jackson back next season and bring back the love? *sigh* well it's LA teams in general, what with CP3 out indefinitely with that knee thing
Phil Jackson is done. He doesn't want to coach anymore, and honestly the Lakers need to move on. D'Antoni isn't a bad coach and neither he or the players are playing the way they are used to playing anymore. Everybody had to stray out of their comfort zones and so far it's worked.

If Pau is done for the season then most likely the Lakers are done as well. Even if they get Dwight back, they still needed Gasol's offensive prowess. He's a much better player in the post than Dwight. And for some reason Dwight envisions himself as a post player even though historically he's been successful in the pick and roll. He's constantly been stripped this year.

The Clippers will be okay when they Paul back. Probably don't have it to beat OKC though.

3-pt defense in first 45 minutes: tied NBA Record all-time worst 23-39
3-pt defense in last 3 minutes: tied NBA Record all-time best 0-1

You don't get better at defense by letting the other team launch 3s on you. You don't let a team set a record against you if you know you can stop it. You don't roll over and quit when you are making millions of dollars to play a game. Mark Jackson just bumped his chances of getting COTY
You also ESPECIALLY don't get better at defense by just mindlessly fouling for the entire final few minutes of the game simply because you're too scared that they're going to put up another 3 and make it. Maybe Mark Jackson should have told his team to actually play some defense so they could stop the record like men instead of like a bunch of middle schoolers?

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://espn.go.com/nba/conversation...e-group-bid-sacramento-kings-filed-relocation

Oh lawd it's happening!!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...angeles-lakers-tear-plantar-fascia-right-foot

Oh lawd it's happening again!!

You also ESPECIALLY don't get better at defense by just mindlessly fouling for the entire final few minutes of the game simply because you're too scared that they're going to put up another 3 and make it. Maybe Mark Jackson should have told his team to actually play some defense so they could stop the record like men instead of like a bunch of middle schoolers?
If you've ever seen a game of basketball you would know that if you're losing at the end of the game, you intentionally foul to prevent the opponent from shooting, which stops the clock and prevents them from adding chunks to their lead. And you would also know that you don't give up depending on what the score is. Mark Jackson is 100000% right. You can't get better if you give up, I wouldn't hire a coach that tells his team to do anything other than what they did. Especially on a team that's having its second good season in two decades. You can feel free to be happy with your team being in the record books as the worst ever at something, that's your prerogative.

What happened? Pau out for the year?
Yeah. Out 6-12 weeks at the least, apparently.

I don't want to blame anyone because injuries happen, but D'Antoni was playing Pau a lot of minutes. Though given the thinness of our front court I'm not surprised.

Damn... Jordan Hill, Dwight, and now Pau.
I feel bad for those guys, but Kobe and Nash too. They've played hard every game and finally found a winning formula and then this happens.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Just when i thought it was safe to start caring about the Lakers again (I retreated into somewhat of a shell, came out, then BANG, we lost to PHX somehow.)

At least in the Nets game they closed well. If they can learn to do that, and Pau can come back for the playoff healthy, we might still have a shot. MIGHT. Depends on how hard guys step up.

Come to think of it, Dwight+Clark+Metta isn't a bad starting frontcourt (Clark and Metta change off depending on the matchup), and Jamison is a good backup PF. I don't really like Sacre+Jamison; hopefully we can get Kenyon Martin to help us out with that. (And now for my Lakers Insane Pipe Dream! Let's find a great big man in the D-league, or a European league! GO LAKESHOW)

Oh yeah and JRRR, that was just a straight-up dick move. Fouling at that point solved nothing. It was just being nasty to be nasty because fuck you. I get the mentality behind it, I just disagree.

Edit:Xephyr, the key to breaking that record is shooting 23 threes while also being around tied with the opponent. That way, intentionally fouling easily costs them the game.

Theres knowing how to take losses but theres also knowing how to take wins... I realize they were literally at the record but youre up 30 with a minute left... Respect to Mark Jackson for doing the right move and preserving some dignity for his team

And because you did mention it earlier, if Houston did get the record please tell me if you would have remembered they did 5 years from now. My guess is you wouldn't have

Starting to feel sorry for these lakers. They're always getting the bad side of luck.

What's up with these Wizards trolling every division leaders they meet? That was a nice win over Knicks

It was unsportsmanlike and pathetic.
^^^^ This

If youre up by that much with a minute to go and you are still chucking up 3's just to reach some silly record, then its nothing but pathetic. The Rockets should've just been satisfied that they blew out a pretty good team not chase some silly record no one would remember anyway

^^^^ This

If youre up by that much with a minute to go and you are still chucking up 3's just to reach some silly record, then its nothing but pathetic. The Rockets should've just been satisfied that they blew out a pretty good team not chase some silly record no one would remember anyway
Considering the topic of discussion was Mark Jackson's decision and CK said "it was unsportsmanlike and pathetic," then I'm fairly sure he was referring to Mark Jackson's decision, meaning he disagrees with you, meaning "^^^^ this" is not what you should have said.

^^^^ This

Chasing records is something a franchise can point to forever. The other team involved is not some laughing point, it is not a diss to keep going for it. Unsportsmanlike is fouling the other team for trying to set a record. If you do not want to let them get the record, then play some god damn decent defense.

Records don't mean anything if the other team lays down. If the Rockets wanted the record they should have done it before GS started intentionally fouling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)