Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Lebron's career is pathetic? 4 MVPS, 2 Finals MVPS, 2 rings, 2 Gold Medals is pathetic to you? At this point Lebron is already a more accomplished player than Dirk or KG. And Pau is a lock for the HoF... I shouldn't have to explain to you that the hall factors in his FIBA stuff and he has two rings himself. He gets in, Dirk does too. As does Manu.

You're seriously crazy man. That Lebron hate is blinding you and making you look foolish. He's one of the best defenders in the league, Pippen-esque. Probably a good case for DPOY pretty much every year. When it's all said and done, he's going to have a better legacy than Hakeem or Moses.

Again, I stress that I am not a Lebron fan. I always watch a game he plays in wanting him to lose. But he's amazing and no one in the league is in his stratosphere.

There is no Lebron hate, just an obsession with keeping things in their proper place. People only care about overhyping things to death (a good example - Tony Parker is the best pg in the league if the Spurs win the finals!! uh no, not how reality works lol).

Dirk Nowitzki finals were as bad as Lebron James finals against real teams, I am not saying there is any real difference there (other than the semantic difference that Dirk won over Lebron). I think if you gave Tim Duncan and KG the crack at Lebron and they get to be 33, they all smoke him though. Celtics win in 6, Spurs win in 6, and no one cares about Lebron James at all. Just because you cannot actually simulate that reality does not mean you overrate Lebron in return. Right now he is as far from a top 10 NBA player as possible, even guys whose careers got cut short I would consider over him. Yao Ming and Bill Walton were probably better NBA players imo, if no one else wants to see it that is cool. Just the sort of stuff I think about when trying to put overrated guys like Lebron & Kobe in context, I think people are swayed by rings wayyyy too much.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with CK that Lebron is the most overrated player of all time but....pathetic? He would still be an All-Star even in your fictional league where all of those players you mentioned were in their primes. James is the best player in the league right now no matter what team he's on

Also lol saying he is one of the best defenders in the league. Pretty damn easy to defend when the foul is automatically on the other player

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Right now he is as far from a top 10 NBA player as possible, even guys whose careers got cut short I would consider over him. Yao Ming and Bill Walton were probably better NBA players imo, if no one else wants to see it that is cool.
:evan:

Lebron is good, no questions asked. In order for a team to beat the Heat, they have to shut him down defensively. And thats easier said than done.

Agreeing with CK that Lebron is the most overrated player of all time but....pathetic? He would still be an All-Star even in your fictional league where all of those players you mentioned were in their primes. James is the best player in the league right now no matter what team he's on

Also lol saying he is one of the best defenders in the league. Pretty damn easy to defend when the foul is automatically on the other player
The Heat just won a finals, and Kobe Bryant is still going to be more overrated than Lebron about 15 days from now

Lebron has shot like a pathetic chump in all of his finals series except against the one inexperienced team (Thunder). I could forgive 1 good, 2 average, 1 bad, but we have 1 good, 1 average-bad, 2 unbelievably bad. Obviously he still does other physical things in those games, the shooting is not all that matters, but he shot 33% for a three game stretch in like three fucking finals now, can we stop pretending the guy's 55% is anything like real already?

Things I say like "pathetic" are meant to speak to the overrated ideal that he is exaggerated into being (e.g. perfection or LOL CLEARLY TOP 3 NBA PLAYER EVER).

Lebron played GREAT in Game 7. If Spurs had won Game 6, then everyone would be hounding Lebron for his two awful turnovers and how he's still a choker. He's lucky as hell that he got a second chance that series, and he took full advantage of it.

He's still got to overcome his mental issues, though. The Heat go as Lebron goes, and the constant win-loss back and forth they had through the Pacers series and most of the Finals speaks, in my opinion, to his shaky mental game. Maybe it is something that will come with more time and experience. What puts Jordan and Kobe (among others) about Lebron is their unerring confidence in themselves no matter what the situation is.

Looking forward to the offseason. Hopefully Dallas can bring in some good talent to give Dirk an outside shot at winning one more time. Its fun to see the Clippers be the major team (so far) in the trade rumors. The Heat should look to trade Bosh, unless magically as tough and physical center wants to go to Miami for cheap pay. Also hoping Houston gets Dwight Howard. That would be fun to see.

KG didn't leave yet you mean...still could, you know the Celtics don't want to cover his last 2 years at all, but no other team is gonna want him either cause of it and his age. Though what I don't get is, how did the Clippers and Celtics swing the trade anyways when apparently Stern flat-out said that kind of trade wasn't permissible (draft pick for rights to a coach)?

Trading a coach for a draft pick is completely permissible, which is why he trade went through. The reason why the first deal was rejected was because of the rules in the new CBA. They state that a player and coach cannot be included in the same deal, which is why we saw a denial by Stern. This also applies to "separate" deals, so it's safe to say that KG isn't going to the Clippers anytime soon.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm...ok with that. Garnett is (was?) a great player, but he is kinda over the hill. And yeah, Jordan aint reliable beyond 5 feet of the rim (hi free throws), but he was making improvements as the years went by. A lot of us in Clipper land felt Del Negro wasn't utilizing him (or Bledsoe) right.

So let's see if Doc can make it work...(just don't trade for Brokeback Howard, please!)

KG didn't leave yet you mean...still could, you know the Celtics don't want to cover his last 2 years at all, but no other team is gonna want him either cause of it and his age. Though what I don't get is, how did the Clippers and Celtics swing the trade anyways when apparently Stern flat-out said that kind of trade wasn't permissible (draft pick for rights to a coach)?
Guarantee the Miami Heat would cum buckets if they could have Kevin Garnett on their roster for the next two seasons. That would pretty much guarantee the three-peat in my book.

Yeah, Garnett is way past his prime but he's still a tough, physical defender and can hit 15 footers. He gets you 10 pts 10 reb per game now which is solid for a roleplayer

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I may be retarded and know nothing, but I thought Garnett is still one of the best defensive forces in the league? Right? I thought his major failure with age was inconsistent offense...

He's getting slow on D, maaaaan.

It's more about his ability to make the players on the court play harder D, than him being an elite defender. But yeah, that's his main game now.

Both sides won, Boston gets to shed salary and a coach who doesn't want to be there, LAC gets what will make Chris Paul stay. Skeptical about how great Doc really is though... Boston offense has been piss poor for the last four years and their defensive rating went way down when Garnett wasn't on the floor.

Supposedly the NBA will block any subsequent Clippers-Celtics trade so I doubt KG will join Rivers in LA. That's twice he's been blocked from coming here. Not sure if many remember but he was supposed to join the Lakers before he joined the C's. I think Garnett likely retires if he can't find a contending team to be on, Pierce probably gets sent to a near-contender or contender.

I can't wait to see how Rose and Bynum play next year.

I would take KG as a center next to Dirk. He'd be a great fit (at least a year ago he would have, I didn't watch the Celtics much this past season).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)