Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

2013-2014 HOUSTON ROCKETS

NBA CHAMPIONS

JAMES HARDEN MVP + FINALS MVP

DWIGHT HOWARD DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

CHANDLER PARSONS SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR

I DONT EVEN CARE BRING IT ON NOOBS

As happy as I am for the Rockets (who were just as desperate to get D12 as Lakers were to keep him), I'm even more stoked that GSW got Iggy without having to trade away any of their lineup.

The West will once again be interesting this year. The East still looks terrible though. I don't see any major moves from those teams.

Miami to the finals again? :(

Pierce, KG and Terry with the Nets though

It seems good on paper but....ehhhhh. I just don't think the Nets organization knows what they're doing honestly. The deal just reminds me of what the Lakers did this past season and we know how that turned out. No doubt Brooklyn will make the playoffs again, but I don't see them doing any better than they did this past season.

I do somewhat take back what I said about the East though. There is hope if D. Rose comes back and if Chicago can just stay healthy, assuming their lineup doesn't really change(does anyone know if Nate is leaving?). I also hope the Pacers can adjust to Danny Granger if he comes back. You can't really count the Knicks out, either. I know some people are all lolregularseasongamesdontcount but they were the only team in the East (aside from the Pacers...I guess...since that was a playoff series) that gave Miami an ass whoopin' (4 meetings and the Knicks won 3 of them, two of those wins back-to-back).

So to recap:

Dwight left LAL like I expected to, disappointed anyway but what are you gonna do. Just gotta hope Mitch can upgrade the bench and this squad can pull off a SAS-esque run... West is too top-heavy though. Feel like the top six teams could go either way. I am curious why Dwight thought a Rockets team that was gutted and took a lower seed than last year's Lakers team without the injuries that plagued the Lakers all season were a better option for winning though... His choice, just don't buy Houston being a power right now. If Dwight is still that franchise-transforming player he would have been able to win LA a game in the playoffs and not get swept without Kobe.

Was really hoping the Warriors would have gotten Dwight for Barnes + Bogut/picks. LA would have gotten a young stud and that Warriors team would have been fearsome, with the ability to hit threes much easier than Houston. But I guess that was too steep of a paycut for Dwight. Warriors are still a top 4 team in the West imo, along with OKC, LAC, and HOU supposing Dwight can go back to pre-2011 Dwight. Don't think Dallas makes the playoffs this year without a healthy and engaged Bynum... and in that case Cuban should probably trade Dirk to a contender.

Don't see why Josh Smith signed with the Pistons. He isn't going to win there.

Anyway, so far.

Teams that got better (so far):

Golden State Warriors
New Orleans Hornets
Houston Rockets
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Clippers
Phoenix Suns
Portland Trailblazers
Indiana Pacers
Charlotte Bobcats
Minnesota Timberwolves
Atlanta Hawks
Brooklyn Nets

Teams that got worse (so far):

Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
Denver Nuggets
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
Oklahoma City Thunder
Philadelphia 76ers

Teams that haven't changed in a significant way (so far):

Miami Heat
San Antonio Spurs
Cleveland Cavaliers
New York Knicks
Dallas Mavericks

I can't wait to see Dwight toy around with everyone in another 3 years...

I like the Suns' moves so far, hopefully another step into being competitive again.

I won't miss Dwight, even if the Lakers turn into a lottery team this year. I legitimately wish the Rockets good luck with turning into a contender now that they have him in tow.

The Hawks are going to sign Monta Ellis and Nikola Pekovic and destroy the east just watch it's gonna happen.

The Hawks are pursuing Monta Ellis and trying to work out a sign-and-trade with the Bucks for Jennings in exchange for Jeff Teague.

Did they not see what happened in Milwaukee with those two same exact players?

I was at pokemon nationals and people were like "yo Mavs want Monta Ellis", then espn was like "yo Mavs got Jose Calderon", and I was like "yo I want to fucking cry". Then we also re-signed Devin Harris and I was like "yo guys remember when defense won you a championship?" Only weak men run away from reality with booze, but man could I have used some running away from reality.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Hawks are going to sign Monta Ellis and Nikola Pekovic and destroy the east just watch it's gonna happen.
No chance Pekovic leaves Minnesota. He's an RFA so whatever he gets offered, the Wolves will just match.

I was at pokemon nationals and people were like "yo Mavs want Monta Ellis", then espn was like "yo Mavs got Jose Calderon", and I was like "yo I want to fucking cry". Then we also re-signed Devin Harris and I was like "yo guys remember when defense won you a championship?" Only weak men run away from reality with booze, but man could I have used some running away from reality.
yeah, sad fate for the mavs

The Cavs can actually be pretty good this year if Anthony Bennett and Bynum pan out. (I'm aware that they have TT but I expect them to get creative with it)

The Cavs'll be fun to watch this year, whether they're successful or they implode.

EDIT: Lakers sign Nick Young...I'm not really sure how to feel.

Lakers and Mavs are both fucking wrecks...the West should look like a pretty different place next year.

Both vying to be 7 or 8 seeds... Dear god Clippers fans are going to be insufferable this year. Well at least I have the Iguodala-meshed Warriors to look forward to. I wonder how this affects the Thunder since they really didn't change much, but several teams did.

So this year's Brooklyn team -- Legit contenders or a repeat of last year's Lakers team? I predict them being legit contenders as long as Kidd keeps Garnett & Pierce's minutes down... Which he should be able to do with that bench. Don't know if they can get past Miami and whatever team from the West makes it to the finals, but they look pretty good. That defense man. Hollins would have been the perfect coach for this team imo.

Unless it was a huge fluke of piled up injuries and whatever, Pierce is already dead. He will absolutely murder a Nets team in the playoffs if he plays like the last few postseasons.

I think the real question is "are Rockets last year's Lakers", and the answer to me is a hopefully obvious and not mud in my face no. Rockets have Harden, Howard, a workable pg in Lin, and a huge load of young guys to keep the energy up...and they can flip Asik for almost whatever the fuck they want as long as someone needs a center badly, and how bad a bet is it that someone will want that center role filled badly enough? Asik is all in on D, all out on O...someone can make that work in the league.

Both vying to be 7 or 8 seeds... Dear god Clippers fans are going to be insufferable this year.
They've been pretty insufferable since the past year, not looking forward to them this time around. People thought bandwagon Lakers fans pre-2012-13 were bad...I mean, they were, but you know what I mean.

Now, how's a Monta Ellis+Dirk Nowitzki P&R gonna fare this season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)