Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

How can Groudon do work in the post when he probably can't even catch the ball with those big, meaty claws? He'd just be Kendrick Perkins 2.0 - big body in the paint with no offensive skills whatsoever.
last time i checked kendrick perkins is not 11 FEET, 2100 POUNDS

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ignoring physical limitations:

PG: Blaziken, best (Baton) passer and great at attacking the basket
SG: Clawitzer, best shooter (he's basically a gun)
SF: Tyranitar, versatile and can play all roles
PF: Landorus-T, an Intimidating interior presence that's great offensively
C: Steelix, a tall defensive monster

and yes I'm high

Hopefully not Machamp with the No Guard ability.
Kevin Love?

PSA Announcement: when you commit 19 turnovers, you're gonna lose in the NBA. LeBron played well, Bosh played well, Wade played well, but all the turnovers by the team as a whole killed them.

I'M THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME. WHEN YOU TRY ME WITH A SORRY PLAYER LIKE LEBRON, THAT'S THE RESULT YOU GONNA GET. DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ME.

I'M THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME. WHEN YOU TRY ME WITH A SORRY PLAYER LIKE LEBRON, THAT'S THE RESULT YOU GONNA GET. DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ME.
lebron had a fantastic game what are you talking about. michael crabtree, on the other hand, was made essentially useless by the great richard sherman in that game.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dirk Nowitzki over Anthony Davis/Demarcus Cousins and Joe Johnson over Lance Stephenson/Kyle Lowry, what a joke.

Joe Johnson in particular should just drop out of the all star game, he's having very literally the worst season ever for an all star. This is not an opinion, look at the facts:
List of NBA All stars who average less than 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 0.5 blocks, and 0.5 steals, 45% shooting: Joe Johnson
His team is very literally the worst team per dollar spent in NBA history.
He has a PER of less than 15, that means he's actually less efficient than the average NBA player, WTF?
Every single aspect about his season says not an all star.

Like Barkley says, no wonder the Eastern Conference sucks so much balls. The coaches are fucking stupid voting in this bum over players that actually deserve it like Stephensen and Lowry.

Last edited:
What the actual fuck? I'm as much of a Joe Clutch fan as anyone, but he has no business being in the All-Star Game over the guy who just recorded his 4th triple double this year or someone like Kyle Lowry who is constantly surrounded by trade rumors. This is not news to most of you but the ASG is a fucking joke.

And yeah, the Davis snub is absolutely embarrassing. Just a shame that this man is dominating the league but the average NBA fan doesn't care or pay attention because he plays in NO.

Ignoring physical limitations:

PG: Blaziken, best (Baton) passer and great at attacking the basket
SG: Clawitzer, best shooter (he's basically a gun)
SF: Tyranitar, versatile and can play all roles
PF: Landorus-T, an Intimidating interior presence that's great offensively
C: Steelix, a tall defensive monster

and yes I'm high

Kevin Love?
Wailord > Steelix, for center, Wailord is about 17 feet longer. I guess Steelix might make a more finesse center with the serpentine body and tail, but for Wailord, you can pretty much dump him in front of the next and nothing gets by him since he's such a massive body.

Dirk Nowitzki over Anthony Davis/Demarcus Cousins and Joe Johnson over Lance Stephenson/Kyle Lowry, what a joke.
Your post is the joke. Nowitzki is playing out of his mind, Lillard is the most egregious pick in the West, followed by Parker (which makes the biggest snub Goran Dragic, who has been much much better). Unfortunately there is a ridiculous logjam with the bigs, especially because Love, Aldridge, Griffin, Davis, Cousins, and Nowitzki are all top 10 offensive players this season (the only other contenders for top 10 are basically Lebron/Durant/CP3 as usual, with Anthony & Curry floating around in there somewhere). Anyway out of all those players, of course the ones on the losing teams are going to be the ones who probably get snubbed, you do not even have to get to star power as the reason, but that would have decided it in Nowitzki's player unless the Hornets or Kings were maybe 10 wins ahead of the Mavericks.

Dirk is playing out of his fucking mind (tossing up nearly a 50/40/90, which means nothing if a player is scoring 12 ppg, but means a ridiculous amount when a guy is scoring 20+). IIRC only Bird several times, Nash a couple of times, Dirk once, and Durant once have hit those levels.

In the end, I do not know if you are reacting to something that happened since the initial list, but I think Davis will make the game over someone injured & Cousins will get entirely snubbed.

@ the Joe Johnson part, I have no idea how it even happened, but the eastern list is a joke in general this year, he is not the only terrible all star to come out of the 2014 east

It would be more surprising if Nash didn't retire, I think all he wanted was a couple of more years after being moved from the Suns anyways. And it's not like any other top contending team is gonna bother making a play for him. That and I'm convinced the Suns trainers are miracle workers, look how badly he's gone down hill since being traded. Heck, same for Grant Hill, Shaq, just about everyone whose old when traded...

I love Steve Nash but as a Lakers fan I have to admit I hope he stays out for as long as possible...Keep the tank hopes alive! They're playing for a 2015 championship

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)