Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

I don't think I've ever seen a player that's as gifted offensively as this guy is. He's only 25 and he's already surpassing the peak of basically everybody not named Michael, LeBron, Magic, Kareem, Bill, Larry, Shaquille, Tim, or Wilt, so who knows what his damn ceiling is.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I honestly think Durant's ceiling is as the best offensive player of all time, and that includes MJ. I have never seen someone who can score in so many different ways with such efficiency, even with a really high degree of difficulty. Just like with LeBron, we are witnessing an all time great - enjoy it guys.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think I've ever seen a player that's as gifted offensively as this guy is. He's only 25 and he's already surpassing the peak of basically everybody not named Michael, LeBron, Magic, Kareem, Bill, Larry, Shaquille, Tim, or Wilt, so who knows what his damn ceiling is.
Olajuwon was a better player than half those guys but that's not the point. Durant is without a shadow of a doubt the NBA's best offensive player of the 21st century, and he's not even halfway through his career yet. 3 scoring titles and going for his 4th at just 25 years old?O.o Insane! You know what's even scarier? If he finishes strong on free throws, he could average 50/40/90 shooting in back to back seasons while simultaneously leading the NBA in scoring.O.o

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not the only one who Anthony Davis scares the living crap out of right? The kid could potentially become, dare I say, a more complete player than Kevin Garnett. The NBA All-Star voting is a joke, thankfully someone more deserving will replace Kobe in the game itself.

In other news, I find it hilarious that basically every team in the West besides the Jazz and Lakers are good enough make the playoffs if they played in the East.

I'm not the only one who Anthony Davis scares the living crap out of right? The kid could potentially become, dare I say, a more complete player than Kevin Garnett. The NBA All-Star voting is a joke, thankfully someone more deserving will replace Kobe in the game itself.

In other news, I find it hilarious that basically every team in the West besides the Jazz and Lakers are good enough make the playoffs if they played in the East.
Dude, everyone thinks that way about Davis. We were just talking about him on the last page too. Also, the All-Star Game has always been part popularity contest, so it's really no surprise that Kobe's starting...remember Iverson being voted a starter several years back? He didn't end up playing due to injury anyways, but that's how the All-Star Game is.

All star game is always going to be based of popularity, hell China basically voted in Yao Ming year after year regardless if he was good or not. Meanwhile, you had great players in their prime (like Nash) almost never getting in unless a coach picked him up as a personal choice because there were always more popular guards in general (voting doesn't differentiate between PG and SG), regardless of performance.

At the end of the day, the ASG is a game for the fans. So I guess fan voting the starters make sense as it's who the fans want to see.

And most of the NBA fans don't look at stats and just vote for who they like.

Guys, what's your all time starting five comprised entirely of Pokemon? I'm going with:
PG: Infernape
SG: Primeape
SF: Sceptile
PF: Machamp
C: Slaking a.k.a now 500 pound Stephen Jackson

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
PG: Ambipom - big hands and blazing speed for some insane ball handling business.
SG: Lucario - Can score both physically and specially (from outside).
SF: Blaziken - Gets faster as the game goes on. The ultimate slasher and wing player.
PF: Machamp - My pokemon version of Serge Ibaka.
C: Groudon - in the team as a physical presence, can also cause a drought on the court with his solid defense.

He's a center, he doesn't really need a lot of handles.
But he can't get rebounds, blocks or jumpsuits if his hands are locked into one place. They need to stretch and move!

Guys, no, guys

Try to picture a shuckle playing basketball

No, any position

Just imagine

What about his dribble though?? He looks like he can't even move his hands.
this describes like half the centers in the nba. theyre all big dopey dudes with no coordination

But he can't get rebounds, blocks or jumpsuits if his hands are locked into one place. They need to stretch and move!

Guys, no, guys

Try to picture a shuckle playing basketball

No, any position

Just imagine
dude. groudon is fucking 11 feet tall and weighs over 2,000 pounds. i think he could command the paint without much problem.

How can Groudon do work in the post when he probably can't even catch the ball with those big, meaty claws? He'd just be Kendrick Perkins 2.0 - big body in the paint with no offensive skills whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)