Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
...no, I mean CP3 and his numerous turnovers in the final minutes and horrible foul on Westbrook
CP3 was fucking up big time, agreed. What pissed me off most though was both the Reggie Jackson turnover that wasn't a turnover and the weak as fuck foul on Westbrook.

yeah, but Jackson did get fouled by Barnes. the refs reviewed it and quizzically decided not to rule the ball was off Jackson, so perhaps that was a make-up ruling for not calling a foul on Barnes? and CP3 clearly fouled Westbrook, no matter how much or how little contact there was. you can see on replay that CP3 got enough of Westbrook's arm for the refs to see that it changed the trajectory of his shot. oddly officiated throughout? yeah. rigged? no way

I'm the biggest Thunder fan here, and I say refs screwed that one.

Refs for the trophy.

That said, let's not forget the fact Paul choked at least 5 times in the last 4 minutes.

yeah, but Jackson did get fouled by Barnes. the refs reviewed it and quizzically decided not to rule the ball was off Jackson, so perhaps that was a make-up ruling for not calling a foul on Barnes? and CP3 clearly fouled Westbrook, no matter how much or how little contact there was. you can see on replay that CP3 got enough of Westbrook's arm for the refs to see that it changed the trajectory of his shot. oddly officiated throughout? yeah. rigged? no way
you know you're being a contrarian douche when even the biggest thunder fan on this board admits the refs completely screwed and decided the game

how's that when I offered an explanation for every call the refs made, besides the Barnes-Jackson play where I even admitted the play was poorly officiated throughout (including the fact that Barnes fouled Jackson anyway)?

Sorry, but when you score only 3 points in the last 4 minutes of the game, and 6 of your last 8 possessions go like this:

Chris Paul turnover (Reggie Jackson steals)
DeAndre Jordan turnover
Jamal Crawford misses 27-foot three point jumper
Jamal Crawford misses layup
Chris Paul bad pass (Russell Westbrook steals)
Chris Paul turnover (Reggie Jackson steals)

that is the reason they lost.

ITT we use the refs as a scapegoat for one or two questionable calls (which happen every game, only magnified here because they happened late in the game) instead of holding the Clippers accountable for taking bad shots, turning the ball over, playing piss poor defense late, and just choking away what should have been an insurmountable lead.

Last edited:
CP3 was fucking up big time, agreed. What pissed me off most though was both the Reggie Jackson turnover that wasn't a turnover and the weak as fuck foul on Westbrook.

Right, weak as fuck...

Honestly, sure there are was pretty poor officiating down the stretch but acting like that was the sole reason the Clips lost is just stupid. They could have played better defense, avoided turnovers, etc to avoid putting themselves in a position where the officiating could affect the outcome. Refs play a part in every game and whining about it when the Clips could have done a lot of things better is just blatantly ignorant and idiotic.

Last edited:

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, much calmer now...

Right, weak as fuck...

Honestly, sure there are was pretty poor officiating down the stretch but acting like that was the sole reason the Clips lost is just stupid. They could have played better defense, avoided turnovers, etc to avoid putting themselves in a position where the officiating could affect the outcome. Refs play a part in every game and whining about it when the Clips could have done a lot of things better is just blatantly ignorant and idiotic.
I already came out and said Chris Paul was playing fucking stupid at the end. Trying to hoist a a shot from the backcourt to get three shots? For shame...

Yes, the Clippers imploded at the end. But you've already said it yourself: the refs played a factor in the Thunders win. Would Westbrook have been able to take that 3 pointer if the refs had made the correct call? Most likely, no. Reggie Jackson may have been fouled by Barnes, but unfortunately replays don't allow refs to look back and make the correct call. The only thing they could rule on was who last touched the ball. Jackson did. If they had made the right call (a foul on Barnes), then Jackson would have had 2 free throws coming. If they had made the right call based on how the play ended, it would have been Clippers ball.

Now, thanks for the big picture. Yes, clearly, Paul fouled Westbrook. Now...

May I ask why there wasn't a foul called here?

The fact of the matter doesn't change the end result. OKC leads LAC 3-2. Moving on.

Last edited:
In other news, Nets fucked this game up big time.
Good. King James returning to finals is something we all need to experience.

But seriously the first three quarters were pretty dreadful for Miami. Lots of missed opportunities at the net, but Dwayne Wade was on fire tonight and practically kept the Heat going in that first half. King James made 15 free throws in that whole game, Brooklyn made 12 total. That last quarter was an amazing show of how well the Heat can do under pressure, though, and how Brooklyn cracks..

You Heat fans ( since 2010 ) crack me up. The Nets swept the Season series 4-0. The ONLY team to have swept the Heat since LBJ Wade Bosh joined.The ONLY team to have swept LBJ since he joined the NBA period. Miami only has rest advantage over the Nets, which we have YET to see how much of a factor it will play against the Nets and in favor of the HEAT. You Heat fans blab about how deep this Heat team is come Playoff time. But this is NOT the same Heat team as previous Playoffs. You have an injury prone Wade to worry about. How will Miami deal with Joe Johnson's amazing Post Game thats been growing better and better every game. Will Bosh step up and take the #2 leading scorer role. Maybe the refs might be a big factor on this series, but favoring which team ? ...there's still A LOT to say "Heat in 5". All you have to say is " The Heat play WAY better come playoffs and they end up Winning no matter what" Okay, So lets see. Your predictions are terrible man.
hey there buddy. I told you I was gonna bring this up again when the Heat won in 5, so here I am. don't take it personally, pal, just know that you were extremely wrong and I was extremely right

Yeah figuring out the Heat were going to most likely win in 5 was soooo hard. They were lucky to win in 5, so your mocking is not really justified. You were not "extremely right", you were lucky to be right.
Oh please, you know as well as I do that it's fun as hell to drop a hindsight bias and humiliate people that call out a prediction in an overly pejorative way like Navy did.

I was very confident in my prediction and didn't back down from it, and I ended up being exactly right. I deserve to be able to turn the tables on Navy at this point.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
And here I thought that only the Heat fans from Spain were annoying... Ok Byrne, you were right, but don't be so overbearing because it's annoying for the rest. Not going to happen but I really hope the Heat don't play the Finals just so their fans stop.

By the way, I was surprised to see the Spurs win so easily. I mean I didn't expect Portland to win, but I thought they would show some resistance.

Edit: yes I saw that post and you're right about that, I just wanted to say that it'd be better to just drop that

Last edited:
And here I thought that only the Heat fans from Spain were annoying... Ok Byrne, you were right, but don't be so overbearing because it's annoying for the rest. Not going to happen but I really hope the Heat don't play the Finals just so their fans stop.

By the way, I was surprised to see the Spurs win so easily. I mean I didn't expect Portland to win, but I thought they would show some resistance.
Uh have you read this post?

You Heat fans ( since 2010 ) crack me up. The Nets swept the Season series 4-0. The ONLY team to have swept the Heat since LBJ Wade Bosh joined.The ONLY team to have swept LBJ since he joined the NBA period. Miami only has rest advantage over the Nets, which we have YET to see how much of a factor it will play against the Nets and in favor of the HEAT. You Heat fans blab about how deep this Heat team is come Playoff time. But this is NOT the same Heat team as previous Playoffs. You have an injury prone Wade to worry about. How will Miami deal with Joe Johnson's amazing Post Game thats been growing better and better every game. Will Bosh step up and take the #2 leading scorer role. Maybe the refs might be a big factor on this series, but favoring which team ? ...there's still A LOT to say "Heat in 5". All you have to say is " The Heat play WAY better come playoffs and they end up Winning no matter what" Okay, So lets see. Your predictions are terrible man.
Being cocky and proud is perfectly reasonable after the raging, nearly incoherent monstrosity that is that post. What's far more annoying and overbearing are the people that insult Heat fans for no reason and say "your predictions are terrible" with no logical backing whatsoever.

edit i am dying at the response, this is gold.

Last edited:
Uh have you read this post?

Being cocky and proud is perfectly reasonable after the raging, nearly incoherent monstrosity that is that post. What's far more annoying and overbearing are the people that insult Heat fans for no reason and say "your predictions are terrible" with no logical backing whatsoever.
Wow, Lmao. Okay, so what's your logic ? That you're a "Heat Fan" ? That Miami has made the last 3 Conference Finals and are the 2 time defending Champs ? That's simple logic bro. EVERYBODY knows that. I wasn't "bashing" Miami, i was just trying to calm your dick-riding ass down because anybody can sit there and "predict" a series when all odds are NOT even against them, let alone, going against "The Best Player" in the World and his team. The Nets had chances to Win game 4 and game 5. But when you go the last 4 minutes of a game without scoring, it's obvious what the outcome it's gonna be. Games 4 and 5, the Nets went the last 4 minutes without a basket. So let's be for real, the Nets gave them-selfs chances to Win it, but they got Cold and Miami always managed to hit the last shot. Credit to Bosh and Ray Allen, because those 2 came clutch when Miami needed them. Like i said, The Nets had chances to stretch this series to 7 games. But shit happens, i'm hoping Pierce Re-Signs and KG goes for 1 more run, age wasn't even a problem for them... LeBron was definitely tearing it up this series, props to him. The Nets still lost by inches, so go suck a big fat cock, you're a terrible Miami-Heat fan. I'm willing to burn you anytime.

Pacers in 6. They know they designed themselves for this.

And if Thunder wins, I pick them in 5 over Spurs. Since the 2012 WCF, Spurs never found a way against Thunder defense. With their limited ceiling, I don't think things will change. There's also a reason why they struggled to contain Ellis in the first round and did not against Lillard. They hate driving guards, they prefer defending those who shoot.

Clippers, unlike Thunder, are too inexperienced in a WCF setting. Spurs in 5.

It is fun to be right, but only if you keep a consistent record etc. I bashed the fuck out of John Wall's shooting over and over, not going to sit around jerking off about it. It was just an easy call. Likewise, responding to LOLLOLO NETS IN 5 all over the internet, what the fuck else were you going to say back besides "lol duh Heat in 5".

I really fucking hate Ray Allen for having kept this dumb nonstop Heat jizzfest going.

Navy the Nets are more fucked than any team ever going forward. Going all in on a title window this tiny with dudes this old was fucking insane, even if having "10 starters" on a team sounds awesome in theory...it practically never works, especially when dudes are old as fuck or overpaid as fuck. I knew they were fucked on both picks and general salary issues, but good god, they are about to lose Shaun Livingston and Deron is only going to (apparently) keep getting worse every season. If they lose Livingston and PP just lol. If KG retires PP is gone imo, money ain't worth what the next 2 years are going to be like.

Navy the Nets are more fucked than any team ever going forward. Going all in on a title window this tiny with dudes this old was fucking insane, even if having "10 starters" on a team sounds awesome in theory...it practically never works, especially when dudes are old as fuck or overpaid as fuck. I knew they were fucked on both picks and general salary issues, but good god, they are about to lose Shaun Livingston and Deron is only going to (apparently) keep getting worse every season. If they lose Livingston and PP just lol. If KG retires PP is gone imo, money ain't worth what the next 2 years are going to be like.
I honestly don't know what they should do. Maybe PP re-signs on a 1 year deal for 1 more run? KG does still have 1 year left on his contract, even though retirement has been on his mind. I don't know how much more can the Nets take from D-Will's ankles and Lopez long term foot injury. That's a major concern going into the off-season. The Nets might be able to retain Blatche and Kirilenko, assuming they don't OP't out of their contracts... It's gonna be interesting what Billy King and the Front Office decides to do...

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I honestly would not be surprised if the Nets finished last in the Atlantic Division next year. It's a bit of a long shot, and it'll probably still be my Sixers bringing up the rear, but IMO Boston has a pretty decent chance of leapfrogging them. That team is definitely trending down (obviously).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)